Posted On:
    8/16/2003 2:48pm

Style: Boxing and Moo Duk Kwan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    " they must have sucked "

Just an average attacker on the street.

" must've been shooting in slow motion. "

My fist are faster than your body and your tongue.

" not **** to do in the suburbs "

Thats a good one really it is. Would you really grapple or wrestle against three attackers. Tell me how you hold 3 people kicking the **** out of you. I'd would rather stay on my feet and fight and might even listen to the wise words of my sensei. " If the odds are unequal get an equalizer. An equalizer something you get your hands on, your personal weapon if you have it or something that might be laying around to make the fight even."

Your wrestling/ grappling is superior to most TMA practicers but their are some of us who train against people on the street who attack real life style not TMA style. Some of us also know how to wrestle.

And so what, not everbody is a wrestler so I think that all martial arts are benificial to self defence. Some are better than others that is proven but there is a circle in the way that fighting works.

Grappling is effective against a stand up fighter.
    Grappling will get you killed against multiple attackers and if your way out-matched by size remember " not everyone can fight like the Gracies." They got something special as did Bruce Lee or Mas Oyama.
    Stand up fighting is effective against multiple attackers and other stand up fighters.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    8/16/2003 3:57pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    as far as vale tudo fights having no rules. That doesnt really matter their not tring to kill each other their tring to choke some one, put a submission or try to knock some one out.

You are an idiot.

Next time, before you talk about something you have no clue about, think twice.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?

Marasmos

Posted On:
    8/16/2003 4:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your wrestling/ grappling is superior to most TMA practicers but their are some of us who train against people on the street who attack real life style not TMA style. Some of us also know how to wrestle.
    Yeah. But you, personally, don't know ****. You are an idiot, and you don't know anything about what fighting is like. In fact, you've never been in a real fight, beyong maybe a couple of schoolyeard scuffles.

How do I know this?

Simple. People who know what they are doing and have any sense in them don't call themselves "blue-dragon" and talk out of their ass about things they clearly don't understand.

Now shut the **** up, and stop clogging up space on this forum.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    8/16/2003 5:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, I'm actually enjoying this. It's not too often someone comes on here and says, without a trace of irony, "pressure points are an effective anti-grappling measure", THEN say "you can't use grappling on the street because in a multiple-opponent situation you're screwed" and not realize what a colossal ass they're making of themself.

Rock on, blue-dragon.

Our horse is too dead, our jockey's too big, our trainer's too old, and I'm too dumb to know the difference!
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2003 6:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshit.

Why do people repeat the same old tired falacy over and over again?

THere's plenty of video taped evidence of Vale Tudo fights in Brazil, Russia, and a number of other countries. In these fights, THERE ARE NO RULES. No rules at all. And sure enough, they play out just the same way as Pride/UFC fights do.
    I really have doubt on this "THERE ARE NO RULES". I really think that if you have real No-Rules-Fighting, perticipants would die regularly. Even REAL No-Hold-Barred would cause regular fatality.

What probably happening is that perticpants are fighting under pretence of No-Rules fight where there are if-you-don't-do-it-to-me-I-don't-do-it-to-you etiquete which, in my view is worse than the fights with official rules for safety.

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    8/17/2003 8:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You just know everything, don't you?
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/18/2003 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I have used pressure points to get out of hold AND to enchance holds. They do work given the right situation but SOOOOO much stuff you see on pressure points today is just utter BS!

But with all that it pales when you thing of one thing:

WRESTLING SUCKS!!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Marasmos

Posted On:
    8/18/2003 11:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really have doubt on this "THERE ARE NO RULES". I really think that if you have real No-Rules-Fighting, perticipants would die regularly. Even REAL No-Hold-Barred would cause regular fatality.
    Yeah. That's what a lot of people ***think*** as well. They also think that if they end up in a life-or-death situation, their "Tiger Sodomises Lotus Flower at Dawn" move, which was taught to them as fatal will bail them out.

But it does not happen.

No rules fights play out much the same as limited rules fights, such as UFC or Pride.

Counterintuitive? Sure. But it's a fact.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    8/18/2003 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How? Excessive pinching, clawing, and grabbing the flesh?

Marital Status: CURRENTLY DOING TRADITIONAL KARMA SUTRA FOR HOMO!

--Fatality Dragon
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2003 5:35pm

Style: Boxing and Moo Duk Kwan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HAPKO3, YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD.

I have no arguments except I know that you haven't been in any real fights. WRESTLING IS NOT THE ONLY WAY TO WIN A FIGHT. Just admit that and we'll talk.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast