Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Leg Kicks and and arm position

So similiar to my last thread. Where do you keep your hands when you're doing a leg kick?

School A: Keep yer hands up, just as if you were standing normally, ie they are ready to block punches.

School B: Bring down the same hand as the leg to help generate more power.

I know A is more defensive, but i like it better, for leg kicks you are usually well within punching range.

Note that for body kicks and head kicks, both school A and B have the arm going down for power generation / balance.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always throw the hand out when kicking. It just feels more natural for turning the hip over when kicking.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I stick the palm of whatever leg i'm kicking with in their face. It works pretty good.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feral
    Note that for body kicks and head kicks, both school A and B have the arm going down for power generation / balance.
    Not for us.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I stick the palm of whatever leg i'm kicking with in their face. It works pretty good.
    This is EXACTLY what I try to beat into my fighters heads.....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i usually try and either keep y hand up or in their face. i used to throw it back for leg kicks until i saw what zambidis did to a guy who did that. not pretty.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I do this; sometimes both hands so I make sure both arms/shoulders are up to deflect the punch most people respond with.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wastrel
    I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happycrow
    Not for us.
    What do you guys do?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    I do this; sometimes both hands so I make sure both arms/shoulders are up to deflect the punch most people respond with.

When I use both hands it's normally a close range thing, i'll do like an X in front of me across their face to back them up and protect myself and then throw the kick. One hand works better for range.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah maybe my way of throwing kicks is just asking to get punched in the face, but I haven't really had any trouble with it as of yet... though I guess I haven't had to fight ol' Zambo yet.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... Last