Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 1:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JU JITSU MUI THAI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TRAINING FOR MY FIRST FIGHT AIRFORCE TRAINING

HELLO WHATS UP EVERYBODY, IM NEW TO THIS SIGHT AND I SEE ITS A GREAT ONE AT THAT .....LOVING THE ARTICLES! WELL FIRST THINGS FIRST IM 23 YEARS OLD AND IM IN THE AIRFORCE IN SECUIRTY FORCES AND IM TRAINING FOR A FIGHT NEXT MAY WHEN I GET BACK G WITH ME ON JU JITSU AND MUAY THAI. I HAVE ONLY 6 YEARS WRESLTING EXPIRIENCE THROUGH MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL. I JUST STARTED TRAINING 4 MONTHS AGO . MY INTENTIONS ARE TO GET AN OUT SIDE VIEW OF MY TRAINING PROGRAM MAYBE YOU CAN HELP WITH IT . THE OTHER FIGHTER STYLES IS TAE KWONDO AND KICK BOXING.

CURRENTLY IM

HEIGHT 6'1
    WEIGHT 240 LBS
    DEAD LIFT 405 LBS
    SQUAT 365 LBS
    BENCH 275 LBS

WORKOUT SCHEDULE 3 ON 1 DAY OFF (RUNNING ON MY DAYS OFF)

WORKOUTS CONSIST OF

4 EXCERCISES PER BODY PART DOING ABS EVERY DAY A( WORKOUTS 1 HOUR TO 1 AND HALF PER WORKOUT)

GROUND GAME IS DECENT BUT STRIKING IS DIFFICLUT AS IM ACCUSTOMED TO WRESLTING AND PINNING VERSUS STRIKING AND SUBMISSION.

MY TRAINER HAS ME ON MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS TRAINING ON MUAY THAI IN THE EVENING AND ON FRIDAYS AND SATURDAY JU JITSU

I FEEL I GET WINDED DURING MY SESSIONS AND MY CARDIO NEEDS TO IMPROVE I KNOW THIS BUT SHOULD I SACRIFCE STRENGTH AND POWER FOR SPEED AND AGILITY? MY GOAL IS TO BE A WELL ROUNDED FIGTHER. BUT I FEAR I MAYBE TO BULKY AT THE MOMENT

ANY WORKOUT TIPS WOULD BE GREAT IM DEPLOYED TO UAE AT THE MOMENT AND I HAVE ACCESS TO THE ABU DHABI COMBAT CLUB

THANKS AGAIN AND IN ADVANCE

SHAUN

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 1:59pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your cardio will improve if you stop typing in all-caps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 2:50pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SPRINT.

How long are your rounds? Sprint for that much time. How many rounds? 5? Sprint for 5-10 rounds with 30-45 second breaks. Your cardio should be fine, once you can do that.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 3:06pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roadwork. While it is physically impossible to sprint for 5 minutes (wtf m8?), you need to hit the pavement. Sprint then jog then sprint. Call it intervals, call it fartleks, call it suzie, you need to be doing this.

THE OTHER FIGHTER STYLES IS TAE KWONDO AND KICK BOXING.
    You've already won. Take him down and pound him out or submit him. Practicing your shoots at the ADCC is about the best thing in the world you could be doing.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 3:11pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roadwork separates the men from the boys.

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 4:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd cut out lifting...or at least cut it down to 3 days a week....especially if you have to cut. When cutting/training for my first fight (before it was cancelled dammit) I over trained by trying to maintain my lifting regimen and trying to seriously train as well.

If you insist on lifting I'd do 12-20 reps at lighter weights 3x a week at most.

GG
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 6:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't lift to failure, don't lift 6 days a week. Stop running on your "off day".

Try adopting a 5X5 program like found here

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow...nts_thread.htm

You don't want to burn out following a bodybuilding style routine focusing on bodyparts rather than strength, nor do you want so much volume while actively training to fight, nor so much frequency. You're gonna burn out way before you need to hit your prime. Follow one of these, avoid training to/past failure, and listen to everyone else.

Note: The only fighting I've done is some local amatuer level stuff, so if someone comes along, says otherwise, and has a neato tag, consider their words.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2006 2:53pm

Style: BJJ/boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wrestle, that will build up your wind. The sprinting/fartleck training is really what you need instead of long distance running. Your endurance should be fine but you need to improve your recovery time. Try doing sprints with plyometric and/or resistance type excersices inbetween sprints then walk/job to the next sprint point and do it all over again. That's all I can say without going into too much detail.

Do you do group PT in the air force? I was in the army and the rumor was you guys ate breakfast in bed served by a butler while we were running, which made me wish I'd joined the air force. So I don't really know what the air force PT program is like. If so, try incorporating indian runs during the road work. That should help too.

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    11/11/2006 3:10pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your doing 4 exercises per bodypart? Are you doing a bodybuilding type of workout?

Why dont you cut down to a short powerlifting routine to maintain your strength and do road work as the other guys suggessted? Just squat, deadlift and bench with a few other exercises thrown in to maintain your strength while upping the cardio.

You mention gaining power. Start a few olympic lifts. You have a solid squat and deadlift so try cleans, clean and press and snatch. That combined with powerlifting will get you powerful.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 8:50pm

Style: euro renaissance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll second the cut down the lifting advice. In the fight don't give the guy any space. TKD needs space to operate. The only kicks they can throw from in close is a front push and a crescent, neither of which generally has much power, although if he gets the push in effectively he could follow it up with something. If you get a good hold of him, it shouldn't be an issue. Since he has both TKD and kickboxing experience, I'd say you might as well be prepared to take a hit going in. If it doesn't land square, well bonus!

Just my armchair opinions. I'd never be able to keep up with a workout program anywhere close to the one you're doing. But I do know how TKD works...or doesn't...whatever.

And thanks for keeping us Air Trans guys safe!