Sponsored Links Spacer Image

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 11:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah hes out of shape, and yeah it probably is time for him to hang up the gloves. he did start a comeback but after a couple of slightly promising looking fights it seems he has gone off the wagon again. you think he should hang up the gloves- and then what? this is a guy who only knows boxing. if he can still make money from it then of course hes going to keep doing it because its how he earns his bread.

the article you wrote is nothing short of the typical **** i have come to expect from 90% of rubbish magazines and and boxing news sites. "critical pieces" written by people who generally have little idea on the subject. instead of people writing interesting reviews of good fights, they pick bad fights and make fun of the people involved. congratulations, you're a comedy writer that caters to the people who don't know **** about boxing in order to get a few laughs. guys like you are a dime a dozen and everyones heard it before, how about you go and write something new for a change. put your degree to some actual use.

oh yeah and as for e-challenging people, get a fucking clue. We all know that you would never fly out to new zealand just to fight me (unless you were some kind of millionaire with a severe anger problem) so why even say it? or is this just part of the general attitude of someone who talks a lot of **** from behind a computer screen.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 12:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TIGER STYLE

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    first let me say that fightbeat or myself has absolutely nothing against Tua. We just want to tell it like it is. I'm a Tua fan, so I expect better. But if you would like to read something nice about Tua, here it is:

http://fightbeat.com/article_detail.php?AT=128

it has nothing to do with not knowing anything about the subject. Tua knows he's not at the ideal weight and he should do more to get down in weight. I know a lot about being fat and not being at the ideal weight. Didn't you say I was fat and pasty? Then I should know something about the subject.

In any event, I do expect more from Tua and not to come in fighting terrible.

FB

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 12:24am

Style: bee jay jay

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    James toney has admitted to having an over-eating problem, but he still manages to whoop large quantities of ass.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 12:45am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by youtube
    James toney has admitted to having an over-eating problem, but he still manages to whoop large quantities of ass.

True, but Tua doesn't have 1/8 of his talent.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 12:51am

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would be much more impressed at technical critique of the fighting prowess from someone with a background that does the reporting. The article says nothing other than a long comment on the fighters appearant lack of physical conditioning.

I personally love articles that can comment on the strategy and technical aspects of the fight instead of just knocking on the entertainment of the fight.

NYCkid would probably produce a much better article if he was a little up on technical aspects and had first hand knowledge of the techniques used. That is my only advise from a readers point of view.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 1:50am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    I would be much more impressed at technical critique of the fighting prowess from someone with a background that does the reporting. The article says nothing other than a long comment on the fighters appearant lack of physical conditioning.

I personally love articles that can comment on the strategy and technical aspects of the fight instead of just knocking on the entertainment of the fight.

NYCkid would probably produce a much better article if he was a little up on technical aspects and had first hand knowledge of the techniques used. That is my only advise from a readers point of view.
    I can provide a very technical article, but wouldn't that require more then 5 punches a round??

Honestly, I prefer to provide more colorful commentary. Just look at my work:

http://fightbeat.com/article_detail.php?AT=55
    http://fightbeat.com/article_detail.php?AT=188

I think getting to technical is boring

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 9:37am

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe NYCKid and Tyson can hook up since apparently Mike wishes to fight women now. ;)

That being said...

I believe there is a certain middle ground. In this particular case (much like Mike) I believe the armchair critics do have a right to criticize an athlete who apparently doesn't care.

However there is the other extreme which IMHO happens more frequently...and that is critics like to hear themselves speak/type. I'm sorry, but rare is the critic who has participated in the activity they are commenting upon at a high level.

In this case I've been both a college athlete and a paid freelance writer so I can say **** you on both counts! =)

GG

PS: Dollar to a donut that Alex would whoop that ass.
    PPS: No matter how much you train, some athletes, due to genetics, aren't going to be ripped Hercules looking bastards.
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 11:09am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyckid
    I can provide a very technical article, but wouldn't that require more then 5 punches a round??

Too technical. What kind of pathetic writer are you showing up to a textual medium out of grammatical shape?
    See? It is easy to be a critic.

Sounds like a fight that was boring while viewing and decent in retrospect: A fighter absorbs some early punishment to come back and pick apart his opponent and win with body shots.

Or you can just make fun of fatties, I enjoy that too.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 6:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread turned out suprisingly better than expected.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 7:33pm

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyckid

Honestly, I prefer to provide more colorful commentary. Just look at my work:

http://fightbeat.com/article_detail.php?AT=55
    http://fightbeat.com/article_detail.php?AT=188

I don't see anything that anyother fan would be unable to duplicate.

If your readers like the way you write, then you are successful. I enjoy articles that have a bit more background on the fighters and can articulate what the technical strengths/weaknesses of the fighters are.

I
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast