STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 3:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What do YOU do instead of roadwork?

I see on here lots people saying "well i dont do roadwork because blah blah training blah blah tough blah blah cocks"

so what do you do instead? I always thought that not doing roadwork because your training was cardio enough was a total cop out. way i figure it is that while you laze around doing nothing the other guy is out running and theres no way thats putting him at a disadvantage. when i lived at my old place i used to run every second morning but now ive moved further away and had to grt a bike, ive replaced that with a half hour cycle to training then half hour back (uphill both ways and if you dont think thats possible in this realm of physics you havent lived in the clusterfuck that is auckland)

so what do YOU do instead? are you a ***** that says training at class alone is enough? are you teh hardkore who gets up at 5am every day and does 5 bamillion laps of the pool? the people demand answers.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 3:34pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I roll.

Seriously. Put your mouthpiece in and go full blast with a partner for 5 minutes. Take a minute off and go again, preferably with a fresh opponent. Even better if the guy is better than you, cuz then you are constantly scrambling.

Better than roadwork.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 3:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jump Rope Drills, hop scotch, but mostly jumprope.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 3:40pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I do - DDR ultramix 2.

Seriously.

Great question btw.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 3:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate running it sucks. I'd rather (and I do) skip rope, extra rounds on the heavy bag, and shadow box. Much more fun in my opinion and easier on the joints? maybe.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 3:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll run tommorrow, no for real this time
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 4:10pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    I roll.

Seriously. Put your mouthpiece in and go full blast with a partner for 5 minutes. Take a minute off and go again, preferably with a fresh opponent. Even better if the guy is better than you, cuz then you are constantly scrambling.

Better than roadwork.
    Ditto... well, whenever get the chance I go train. Rolling beats the **** out of jogging.

Sometimes I jog outdoors, but if I do that a few days in a row, I get shin splins. I avoid that by jogging on a threadmill. Yeah, it's ghay, but it gets the "cardio job" done.

Skipping, or several sets of jumping jacks/stationary bunny hops (100 reps each) followed by a few sets of jumping push ups can do the job, too :viking:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 5:26pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rolling with occasional treadmill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 7:06pm

Style: Boxing, Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am content to let my cardio suck.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 7:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Ditto... well, whenever get the chance I go train. Rolling beats the **** out of jogging.
    yeah, i thought i made this fairly obvious but im talking about outside of training. unless you just roll all day every day, in which case MANY MAN HUGS FOR YOU

come on there must be someone here who goes and rips trees out of the ground like Kimura, or hangs around under waterfalls shadow boxing for an hour at a time. you guys are pussies!
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast