Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 8:59pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hope this helps! I got this info from clyde gentrys book no holds barred. according to him Bart Vale defeated Mike Bitonio in the world combat championship. Lost a fight with Murakami Kazunari in extreme fighting 3 and did take part in some worked matches over in japan. Again I am just relaying what I read. Good book though! worth reading.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 9:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This site would not exist if not for Shootfighting.

If you have the choice, I'd do BJJ, college wrestling, boxing, and muay thai.

If you don't have the time/money for ALL of those things. I'd do the Shootfighting. It's MMA.

On the other hand, Bart Vale is a tool. He cancelled seminars repeatedly when I was doing Shootfighting and makes some goofy pro-wrestling related claims. But he DOES have real knowledge of fighting and did train with some excellent fighters in Japan.
    Last edited by Roidie McDouchebag; 11/07/2006 9:25pm at .

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 9:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And he did have the balls to step up and fight.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 10:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing to keep in mind with Shootfighting is, you will not be great at any one thing. Don't think you will be.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 10:16pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    OK I just called the head school in FL, it's seems that the video course is only the beginning. After you complete the course you're put on a list to attend the instructor camp, after the instructor camp you still have more other steps to complete to become an ISFA icertified instructor. So even if you buy the DVDs and complete the Instuctor course you not a certified instructor.

but it can still be BS. I know you mentioned Serra, go there unless your schedule does not permit it at all. You are missing the forest for the trees, your points (no MMA, takedowns) will be addressed there. You see, you might not see them doing MMA because in most clubs most people don't want to do it; if you do, I am certain they will help you out. There is no way anyone from a vale school could take a serra student, no way. totally outclassed.

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 10:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree if given the choice I would choose the serra school. however the vale school is better then not training at all.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 10:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    o it sounds like u need to do knitting class there are a few around u there somewhere

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 10:53pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've met a couple of Vale's students in Florida. By meeting I mean run into him at BJJ classes. They all loved the classes and did all kind of **** (according to them), but they complained that groundfighting wasn't as detailed as in BJJ - they did have a lot of stamina, so I would gather the conditioning they got from shootfighting was excellent.

From there I can assume Vale is not bullshido, and I don't think he is mcdojo. You will not get excellent at any of the fighting ranges, but it could pave the road to get there. And if you like it and are aware of what you get or what you don't get out of it, that's all that matters.

Take that with a little bit of salt.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 10:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    train with the one until your situation changes and maybe u can get to the school of your choice just train

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 10:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good advice! hey bruce! what the **** is wrong with knitting?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast