Posted On:
    11/06/2006 2:08pm

Style: BJJ blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Multiple attacker MMA

I found this link on jiujitsugear.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOQLg7Kc8So
    Its a clip of urijah faber talking about getting into a fight with 12 armed attackers. Hearing him describe the fight, I think that if he had not been a conditioned fighter, he probabley would have died.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2006 2:59pm

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AikidoDeadlines
    I found this link on jiujitsugear.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOQLg7Kc8So
    Its a clip of urijah faber talking about getting into a fight with 12 armed attackers. Hearing him describe the fight, I think that if he had not been a conditioned fighter, he probabley would have died.
    99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999% of everyone would have died in a fight with 12 armed attackers. The few stories I have heard like this are either bullshit or the person was really really really lucky.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 11:30am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Planktime
    99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999% of everyone would have died in a fight with 12 armed attackers. The few stories I have heard like this are either bullshit or the person was really really really lucky.
    Did you watch the link?

I am 100% positive that Urijah has never prepared for a "multile attacker" scenario a single day in his life.

I am sure he is not lying, wtf does he have to prove, he is already top 10 at 155/145 lbs in the mma world.

You are correct that most people would have bit the dust in this situation, it just reaffirms to me what Matt Thortan has always said, those who are conditioned (in this case extremly well condition he is a machine) and skilled in clinch, standing, and ground always end up doing the best no matter what the scenario.

If you watch the video he also points out that most of the altercation involved him running away.

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 2:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bulldogging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This kind of thing happens all the time in Southeast Asia. He was just damm lucky he got out of it without real injury. I believe the story and its the kind of thing you laugh about after and make sound a little better, but it most likely happend as he said. The adrenilin and alcohol remove the fear during the fight.

His big mistake was fighting the first guy, One on One is not the way its done here. In the west spending time alone to read or something is considered normal, In Southeast Asia being alone is most peoples worst fear. At my home in Iloilo P.I. my girlfriend who was fantastic would come and stay the weekends and bring her two cousins. All beutiful women, while there were about three beds in the house when it came time to sleep they would all just pile in the bed with me like a bunch of puppys, for me it was uncomfortable as hell but I never complained.

Its all about the culture, If you start **** with one guy in Bangkok you will be fighting everyone he knows if you hang around. While the story as told was very dramatic it was more of a running battle, he was damm lucky and learned a big lesson.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 10:12am

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Niceguy
    Did you watch the link?

I am 100% positive that Urijah has never prepared for a "multile attacker" scenario a single day in his life.

I am sure he is not lying, wtf does he have to prove, he is already top 10 at 155/145 lbs in the mma world.

You are correct that most people would have bit the dust in this situation, it just reaffirms to me what Matt Thortan has always said, those who are conditioned (in this case extremly well condition he is a machine) and skilled in clinch, standing, and ground always end up doing the best no matter what the scenario.

If you watch the video he also points out that most of the altercation involved him running away.
    I am sorry maybe I came off rude. Let me rephrase, I dont think he is lieing nor do I disount his conditioning. I just do not want people to think conditioning is the "magic bullet" for multiple attackers. His statements during the video about engage then run is sound advice, but only if you cant just skip to step two.