Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2006 11:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu San Soo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Peter Ragnar

Doe's anyone have any information on Peter Ragnar? Or any opinions?

Thanks.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    11/05/2006 12:13am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Context please.

Where is the guy? What style?
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/05/2006 12:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu San Soo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Peter Ragnar

I've seen him in Black Belt magazine and Inside Kung Fu magazine. Apparently he's a Martial Artist (don't know what style) and he sells a shitload of products. The magnetic qi gong balls are one of his products. He's supposedly a martial arts master amd some kind of mystical healer. He looks like a light haired Jesus Christ, lol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2007 2:36am

Style: Classified

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Products?

Has anyone here ever purchased any of his products? He has a lot of videos of himself on youtube as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2007 7:19am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, the qi-gong thing is pretty simple. I know the advert, where you can apparently lift 200kgs with two fingers etc. It's like this, qi-gong=bullshit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2007 7:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember seeing his ad.

I think his publishing house is called roaring lion publications or something like that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 5:08pm

Style: in hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I remember his ad in Black belt magazine. The ad goes something like this.

"Can you become seven times stronger than the average person without lifting weights?"
    Warning: This may not be for you!

Explains the concert of chi (qi) by using stories of people performing extraordinary feats of strength.

Then he goes on by saying that that Earth is losing its magnetic field ( it has lost over 90% of its original magnetism) and that ancient Qigong masters used magnetic lodestones to make up for the loss of magnetism. There is supposed to be a link between magnetic fields and chi.

The next page goes into a first person account of some random guy who finds the mountain man (Ragnar) who is in remarkable shape through the use of a special Qigong routine. Its pretty long but one little detail is that he was wary of teaching this to others because it can be misused. But you could buy his magnetic qi gong course and his magnets for 97 dollars!

Well, I have not used his products or know anybody who uses it so I can't be 100 percent sure if this is a big case of BS, but he does ring off a few warning bells.

http://www.wie.org/bios/peter-ragnar.asp

The link shows his bio. It says that he follows a strict diet and and steady exerices routine.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 12:24pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's his bio from the link:
    Peter Ragnar is the author of How Long Do You Choose To Live? A Question Of A Lifetime. He is also a modern-day shaman, Taoist wizard, natural life scientist, and self-master par excellence. [Italics mine] Ragnar lives in the Tennessee mountains with his wife, and claims to be a “senior citizen” but refuses to give away his age because he “doesn't believe in it.” He does strenuous two-hour strength-training workouts seven days a week and performs record-breaking feats, has been a martial arts practitioner for over fifty years, and has developed his own version of Taoist energy practice called “Magnetic Qi Gong,” which he claims is the key to immortality. He has healing powers and is renowned for his clairvoyant and telepathic abilities. He lives on a strict diet of raw foods and juices and has spent a lifetime studying the relationship between the body and the mind at all levels. And his most remarkable attainment is his profound awakening to the energetic dimension, or “bio-electric-magnetic” field, of life. Peter's most compelling and inspiring message is his steadfast and passionate call to self-mastery based upon the relentless cultivation of intention. This foundational element of his teaching is clearly a contemporary expression of the great American New Thought tradition, championed in the early twentieth century by Napoleon Hill, author of the all-time bestseller Think and Grow Rich, and later by Norman Vincent Peale, known for his widely acclaimed, inspirational classic The Power of Positive Thinking.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2008 6:45am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I once saw an old farmer lift the rear end of a pickup truck and push it off the ice where it was spinning its wheels. He had never touched a weight in his life. But that's nothing compared to the little old ladies who have performed the same feat in an emergency!"

Can you demonstrate this? no... guess those magnets are not as good as being old after all!

Posted On:
    3/24/2010 9:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muai Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't know till you try.......I tried and am starting to see the benefits..strength and improvement....it's a good start.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast