228405 Bullies, 4396 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    11/04/2006 10:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anyone train at Panza? BS senses are tingling

I was considering checking this place out. Guy is Derek Panza, sounds pretty badass. He knocked out Pat Smith on more than one occasion I believe, and holds numerous legitimate ranks. What bothers me is how he made the "Freestyle Martial Arts Federation" which awards numerous degrees of black belts in...MMA :icon_thum

Here's the link http://www.panzamma.com/

It's a Flash site so I can't copy and paste, but if you click the bottom link F.M.A.F he has a list of requirements to gain numerous black belts under the federation. Once you start getting passed 4th degree, you start needing a vote and vouchers from the damned Jedi Council. What do you guys think? McDojo MMA without the Bullshido?
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    11/04/2006 10:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Panza? Related to Andre Panza perhaps?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2006 11:26pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he beat Pat Smith? MMA or KB? I don't worry too much about the Mcdojo part, if it's a good gym, check it out

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2006 12:44am

Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I'm still thinking about checking out this place. I'm getting to my breaking point with kempo cause of all the switching of instructors. Once I get used to someone and their patterns, not to mention have them start respecting me, they end up leaving...or it could just be that I missed out on the last test by one day and have been practicing club techniques for the last two weeks.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    11/05/2006 1:11am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really don't think this guy is Bullshido at all, I've talked to 2 coaches who know him and he both fights and produces fighters. But I do think he is really trying to make money with the new direction he's taking, which is not a bad thing.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ighlight=panza

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ighlight=panza

An old member PeeDeeShaolin, knew practically every coach and gym from LI to NYC, and he had nothing but good things to say about Panza.

Posted On:
    11/05/2006 11:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWTK
    Yeah, I'm still thinking about checking out this place. I'm getting to my breaking point with kempo cause of all the switching of instructors. Once I get used to someone and their patterns, not to mention have them start respecting me, they end up leaving...or it could just be that I missed out on the last test by one day and have been practicing club techniques for the last two weeks.
    Ugh....yeah, but after all this switching now you get access to the godly powers of a 6th (7th?) degree BB! Aren't you glad you held out! Now you get to learn all the secrets they kept from me. I'm so jealous!
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2006 1:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Ugh....yeah, but after all this switching now you get access to the godly powers of a 6th (7th?) degree BB! Aren't you glad you held out! Now you get to learn all the secrets they kept from me. I'm so jealous!
    Godly powers!! When do I get to learn the chi blasts? I've already learned about redirecting an opponents chi (exact words of shodan), and using it against them, but I still think it'll be much easier to just blast them before they even touch me.

Posted On:
    11/05/2006 6:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWTK
    Godly powers!! When do I get to learn the chi blasts? I've already learned about redirecting an opponents chi (exact words of shodan), and using it against them, but I still think it'll be much easier to just blast them before they even touch me.
    Jesus Christ, I've held off saying this in the past but... Why the **** are you still there!!!?? He actually said that!? WTF. Mother fucking fantasy LARPers with bloated egos. Next time you are allowed to spar him KO his ass, and tell him you've been working on strengthening your chi.
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2006 8:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Jesus Christ, I've held off saying this in the past but... Why the **** are you still there!!!?? He actually said that!? WTF. Mother fucking fantasy LARPers with bloated egos. Next time you are allowed to spar him KO his ass, and tell him you've been working on strengthening your chi.
    spar? Yeah, I'll wait another month or two til we do that again. Although the last time we did spar I got my first tapout against nick!! we actually did some ground fighting, of course after that we found out that sensei wasn't gonna be teaching anymore.

Do you think that this panza place is bs? Cause if it is then there's no use to switch from one form of bs to another, unless of course you argue that learning any type of mma is better than the kempo i'm learning.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    11/05/2006 8:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's definitely not BS as far as teaching you how to fight/Grapple/Kickbox. I think it just might be expensive for most people ie. Me. The reason I don't go was because all the students were really new and they haven't even started doing 2 man drills let alone sparring yet. The boxing coach has actual boxing experience, Derek Panza has actually fought in Kickboxing, the grappling coach from what I hear is some crazy Lithuanian guy, that can grapple too. Oh, and they actually have an MMA team that has put out fighters.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast