Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/18/2011 12:15am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having spent two years in the Chun I feel compelled to comment.

The statement that only a handful of any instructors in a particular art are somehow teaching the real art or teaching it correctly, immediately raises the spector of another stupid lineage war. For those who followed the whole "traditional wing chun, verses modified wing chun, verses Emin Boztepe" its tiresome and proves nothing.

Is the Wing Chun you do modified in such a manner to be different then any of the main schools of Chun (for example Moy Yat's lineage ect) If you can't explain how it's different and compensates for WC's usual vunerabilities, you are left with the argument that its not the art but all the other instructors who are defective or pussies etc. I don't know how one knows only three WC instructors are doing it correctly in California under the defective argument unless you went and visited a large sample of the other instructors.

That leaves you with the first argument. So please put up some links to some videos that would show this different version of the art. For all the protests to the contrary, WC looks very much alike unless like Bruce Lee, one changes the footwork, and then the style evolves into something different.
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 11/18/2011 12:25am at .

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    11/18/2011 1:19am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've said it before in other threads, but i can't say it enough; so, i'll repeat it here.

my best friend in high school was a die hard chunner and a nidan in TKD. working with him for a year in MA training, i picked up a lot of chunnery and VASTLY improved my TKD point sparring. however, that is the only aspect of MA that i have seen any benefit from with _ing_un. i have been told by others who are more experienced than me, that chunners have an easier transition into grip fighting in judo than others do, but i have no first hand knowledge of that.

kick boxing, boxing, judo, bjj, and MMA classes have all shown me over and over and over again, that the **** that i did to win point sparring matches in TKD (including my borrowed chun) sucks big hairy doberman testicles in the world of full contact, hand to hand combat.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/18/2011 1:50am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Talking and theorizing:

1:00 minute in and he finally throws a slow punch.

I went for the first teaching video that came up for "Right jab."

15 seconds in and the slow teaching punch is already thrown.

Nope, the closeness in times isn't on purpose.

:)

Posted On:
    11/18/2011 2:33am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    How about this?
    Every time you find a video I will say "Old and Discussed?"
    *gushes* Where has this thread been all my life?

Not only have they been discussed, but at leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeength.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    11/18/2011 9:26am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    How about this?
    Every time you find a video I will say "Old and Discussed?"
    On man you made me laugh out loud.

Comedy gold.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    11/19/2011 12:35am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wanna train with these guys, even though one looks like Paul Simon, and the other looks like Sid Vicious. D3adly.

For such a **** session, the guy had this in the description:
    It's too ****, so I spoiler
    Spoiler:

This guy, in black, whom I initially respected, started to spout lies on his blog. As such, I would like to clarify -

- This sparring was limited to only hands, no kicks.

- We were supposed to only end every round with one successful technique, meaning, once the technique has gotten through the opponent's defence, we CEASE. As you can hear the guy recording the session - he said "do what we normally do", and THAT was what we normally did! Cease after one successive strike. But mr-eager-to-win in black pants continuously tried to strike even after my technique had gotten through.

- As you can see, at
    0:15, my "strike" to him already went through, but he still came in to strike me, for real. And he claimed he wasn't using strength. Even a slight smack would cause sensation, but looking at his strike at 0:16, that wasn't just a smack. Moreover, after my "strike" to his eye, we were supposed to stop. Even an idiot would know what a strike to an opponent's eyes does. Was I supposed to strike his eye for real???

- At
    0:27, I know it wasn't right, but I hit with slightly more force. And even though we were supposed to stop again, he lashed out at me, from 0:27 - 0:33. You can see from his full body lunges and arm lashing, he was trying to land actual strikes on me. At 0:30, when I accidentally hit his face a little too hard, I actually exclaimed "OH! Sorry sorry!" and tried to stop the round, but he went on attacking regardless.

- At
    0:49, got his eye again. At 0:51, got his eye again. And he went berserk, trying his best to strike me, and AGAIN, missing every shot. I told him to relax. Was I supposed to really HIT him?

-
    1:04 to 1:14, he was trying so hard to hit me, and missed every shot. Twice, I even had his neck under light control. It was either punching his face, or choosing to land my hand on his shoulder and back of neck, and I chose not to strike his face. But still, he lashed out at me. A total lie on his blog was that, he wasn't using strength. But please take a look at his attempted strike at 1:09 - that was a full lash with closed fist. If that had landed, which, at that angle, would've been on my chin, I'd have had trouble continuing. But he missed, AGAIN. Point is, his claim that he wasn't using strength or wasn't really trying to hit me, was bullshit.

- At
    1:22 - 1:25, when I added more speed to the round, he could NOT touch me at all.

- And you can see for yourself in the remaining rounds subsequently, how many times my techniques went through already.

Seriously, winning and losing is one thing. But spouting lies on one's own blog, is a separate issue altogether. This guy in black pants even claimed that we mutually agreed not to spar again. That's bullshit! Straight after that session, I emailed them, asking to spar again. This time, to spar with kicks included and full range of movements, with no restrictions except groin and eye gouges. But guess what? My request was evaded.

I wasn't using combos, didn't really lunge in, etc etc. Er... I didn't know I was supposed to strike him for real. I thought we were sparring? What would've happened if I truly used combos?

How could he lie like this?? Moreover, this guy had been practising way longer than me. A senior in the martial arts, in a sense!

This guy even went so far as to say that we should have sparred at a slower speed. Er, 98% of the time, I wasn't even using ANYWHERE near to full speed. When I even sped up a little, he couldn't keep up!

Finally, on his blog, guy in black pants claimed I gave him a bleeding lip. I did not.
    WTF?
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 11/19/2011 12:40am at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    11/19/2011 8:03am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [slaps forehead]
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/19/2011 8:05am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    I wanna train with these guys, even though one looks like Paul Simon, and the other looks like Sid Vicious. D3adly.

For such a **** session, the guy had this in the description:
    It's too ****, so I spoiler
    Spoiler:

WTF?
    I like how all the related videos are ballbusting fetish clips.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Posted On:
    11/21/2011 5:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
    I surely hope that the entire website doesn't suck as bad as these this thread.
    Don't judge Bullshido by the chun threads.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/21/2011 7:33pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
    I surely hope that the entire website doesn't suck as bad as these this thread.
    I hope all your posts don't suck as much as this one and the 7 others you've done.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast