Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2006 2:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could always practice Systema.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Chinese 7 Animal Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    As a general rule, fat people use more soap.

There is a big difference between style bashing and expressing an opinion in a brusque manner.

How is the general rule you've quickly deduced from the bullshido consensus regarding the 'nun-who-must-not-be-named' style not helpful? Is it because you think you don't have to do your homework and actually read voluminous number of opinions on the subject already posted in this forum?

I'm not trolling you, I am genuinely curious why you have chosen to dismiss the general rule without actually taking the time to understand where that point of view comes from.

Because non-specifics "WC Sucks" adds no concrete information. I asked for info, not emotional outbursts.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:46pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingSkull View Post
    Because non-specifics "WC Sucks" adds no concrete information. I asked for info, not emotional outbursts.
    Can I ask why you revived a three year old thread to add what amounts to crap?

Can you add some substance? How about saying if you have found a school? Or if you have, what school. SOMETHING!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

All martial arts suck except for...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    As a general rule, fat people use more soap.

There is a big difference between style bashing and expressing an opinion in a brusque manner.

How is the general rule you've quickly deduced from the bullshido consensus regarding the 'nun-who-must-not-be-named' style not helpful? Is it because you think you don't have to do your homework and actually read voluminous number of opinions on the subject already posted in this forum?

I'm not trolling you, I am genuinely curious why you have chosen to dismiss the general rule without actually taking the time to understand where that point of view comes from.

Because non-specifics "WC Sucks" adds no concrete information upon which someone can make a decision. I asked for info, not emotional outbursts. Even 2 years later, I still find it unhelpful. And in the meantime I've studied WC for nearly 2 years. Crap teacher=crap results, no matter what the style. And there are plenty of crap WC teachers out there, as there are with many other styles. And there's plenty of "aliveness" if practiced properly. I've learned that many people who haven't done WC simply don't understand it. It's not Neanderthal enough for them. If you're not in a horse stance throwing ram's head punches... roundhouse kicks... or rolling around on the ground, it can't possibly work. OK... let me sign off with something to make everyone happy: the only martial arts that work are BJJ... boxing... and Muay Thai. Nothing else will protect you on the streets. Now, doesn't that feel better?

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:05pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the only martial arts that work are BJJ... boxing... and Muay Thai. Nothing else will protect you on the streets. Now, doesn't that feel better?
    Glad you realize this. Now, quit WC and take up something useful. I recommend Judo.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 6:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've learned that many people who haven't done WC simply don't understand it. It's not Neanderthal enough for them.
    There are numerous doctors, lawyers and academics on this site. The one thing they all agree on? WC sucks.

This has nothing to do with not understanding something, it has to do with efficacy. Fighting and defending oneself is not a complicated issue. Punch (not slap) someone in the head. Bend a joint in the opposite direction intended.

If WC is complicated, that should be a clue it sucks.

For example, the general frameworks of bjj, judo, boxing, wrestling etc. are all quite simple. Intricacies may abound but the generalities are pretty damn transparent.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 10:06pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because non-specifics "WC Sucks" adds no concrete information upon which someone can make a decision. I asked for info, not emotional outbursts. Even 2 years later, I still find it unhelpful. And in the meantime I've studied WC for nearly 2 years. Crap teacher=crap results, no matter what the style. And there are plenty of crap WC teachers out there, as there are with many other styles. And there's plenty of "aliveness" if practiced properly. I've learned that many people who haven't done WC simply don't understand it. It's not Neanderthal enough for them. If you're not in a horse stance throwing ram's head punches... roundhouse kicks... or rolling around on the ground, it can't possibly work. OK... let me sign off with something to make everyone happy: the only martial arts that work are BJJ... boxing... and Muay Thai. Nothing else will protect you on the streets. Now, doesn't that feel better?
    You know why wing chun usually sucks? Because it produces douchebags like you who take it for two fucking years and think you know what the **** you are talking about.

Congratulations. I'm guessing you've learned all three forms hand forms already yet have no idea how to actually apply any of the hands. I bet you and your classmates, who also can't fight, attempt to spar on Tuesdays and Thursdays after class. I bet you have spent countless hours doing archaic exercises like shocking the pole.

How am I doing here?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 12:42am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You're proving yourself....

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    You know why wing chun usually sucks? Because it produces douchebags like you who take it for two fucking years and think you know what the **** you are talking about.

Congratulations. I'm guessing you've learned all three forms hand forms already yet have no idea how to actually apply any of the hands. I bet you and your classmates, who also can't fight, attempt to spar on Tuesdays and Thursdays after class. I bet you have spent countless hours doing archaic exercises like shocking the pole.

How am I doing here?

... to be an uneducated low-life, actually. :-)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 12:45am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post

How am I doing here?

"Three forms hand forms?" I know of nothing called Three Forms Hand Forms.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 12:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Numerous doctors, lawyers and academics

Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    There are numerous doctors, lawyers and academics on this site. The one thing they all agree on? WC sucks.

This has nothing to do with not understanding something, it has to do with efficacy. Fighting and defending oneself is not a complicated issue. Punch (not slap) someone in the head. Bend a joint in the opposite direction intended.

If WC is complicated, that should be a clue it sucks.

For example, the general frameworks of bjj, judo, boxing, wrestling etc. are all quite simple. Intricacies may abound but the generalities are pretty damn transparent.
    Your saying, "SLAP SOMEONE IN THE HEAD" shows that you don't understand WC. You're not qualified to speak about it.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast