Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2006 1:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad credit
    Hey, maybe this should go in the grappling subforum, but does anybody remember Kerr's variation on the armbar? Where he would put the opponent's forearm or hand under his armpit? Basically, instead of a straight armbar, the arm is diagonal across your torso. I've found it puts a lot more pressure on the elbow much quicker, but I've been warned by a local BJJ guy that it's harder to hang on to the arm that way, which I can understand.

My ?'s are; is there a name for this tech.? A Diagonal armbar? Did Kerr invent it, or did he get it from another art? What do the grapplers here think of it?
    I think he probably learned it from Bas.
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2006 9:27pm

Style: judo, karate, jap jj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i dont know if its a pure judo variation, but i first learned that armbar from my judo instructor he called it "armbar variation with his arm trapped in your armpit"

yeah, he isnt one for original names, i would have gone with "bamboo grove in the wind"

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    11/05/2006 11:41pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's just something you do if the fucker won't tap and you want to really hurt him.

See: Rua vs. Randleman.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12