Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 11:08pm

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    FT2SS,

You wandered over to your keyboard. Registered at Bullshido. Thought, not doing anything worthwhile today, FTW might as well just post here.

AND THAT was your first post????

WOW, profound.
    that avatar kinda looks like a ninja death cobra...

oh, and... what is it? this guy doesn't like TKD? woopdeedoo. join the club. a bunch of other people don't either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 12:33am

Style: Tai Chi, Jujitsu, knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FT2SS
    BF
    Maybe I misunderstood, but did you say Victor Solier, my Sabeom Nim's school sucked? Last time I knew, any competition in the Seattle greater area as well as Oregon was dominated by our school? If you ever spared with Victor you would understand that he teaches us how to hit with as he calls it "Trembling force". Wait I miss read, you mentioned all other schools in TKD ...:new_cussi
    Dude, I hope you aren't talking about dominating in TKD or point fighting here... As far as kickboxing goes last I heard it was AMC who was the school to beat in this area (though that could be outdated information by now.)

For clarity: No, I wouldn't say say Victor Solier - multiple time world kickboxing champion, sucked. Far from it, I would say that his existence is the best justification for TKD out there. Guys like me are saying TKD is HORRIBLE preparation for kickboxing - like anti-preperation for kickboxing, while others feel TKD is good kickboxing preparation. Victor Solier is a TKD instructor who is also a Kickboxing champ, so he's the exception to my rule, or at least I would guess. I sparred with one of his students who could definitely fight, who had "Tae Kwon Do" tatooed on his abs, so I assume his TKD instruction is related to his kickboxing instruction.

Here's the messed up thing FT2SS: the vast majority of these TKD guys here on Bullshido have NO IDEA who Victor Solier even is! The best TKD fighter out there and they have no clue at all. In fact you are the only other Bullshido poster I know of who even claims to know who he is.

Here's what I did say that was controversial about Victor: I said he broke his knee on two different occasions while teaching TKD, these multiple injuries eventually leading to his (at least temporary) retirement from professional kickboxing. This is a rumor I heard in Bremerton - it would be nice if you could confirm or unconfirm this rumor.

Also, do you know if Victor Solier has any connections to Maurice Smith closer than working out at the same faciluty before matches? (That facility being Vern Miller's school in Bremerton in the '90's...)

I want to see a TKD reformation that turns it into a decent full contact martial art. Victor Solier is the best hope for that happening that I know of (besides perhaps ditching TKD tournament/sparring rules in favor of Knock-Down Karate tournament/sparring rules.)
    Last edited by BFGalbraith; 2/14/2007 1:09am at .

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 7:57am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk
    that avatar kinda looks like a ninja death cobra...
    The Cobra Kai went swimming one day, the pic is the love child of an encounter with a giant squid!
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:07am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most TKD black belts can transition easily to MT. Once you're used to learning the concepts and understand how to move you can pick up new ones pretty simply. It took me 2 classes and maybe 15 minutes of watching a video on the finer points of MT kicking and I now kick pretty much right. It ain't perfect, but it's way better than other people with 2-3 classes.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:15am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD is not for breakfast.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:27am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BFGalbraith
    Dude, I hope you aren't talking about dominating in TKD or point fighting here... As far as kickboxing goes last I heard it was AMC who was the school to beat in this area (though that could be outdated information by now.)

For clarity: No, I wouldn't say say Victor Solier - multiple time world kickboxing champion, sucked. Far from it, I would say that his existence is the best justification for TKD out there. Guys like me are saying TKD is HORRIBLE preparation for kickboxing - like anti-preperation for kickboxing, while others feel TKD is good kickboxing preparation. Victor Solier is a TKD instructor who is also a Kickboxing champ, so he's the exception to my rule, or at least I would guess. I sparred with one of his students who could definitely fight, who had "Tae Kwon Do" tatooed on his abs, so I assume his TKD instruction is related to his kickboxing instruction.

Here's the messed up thing FT2SS: the vast majority of these TKD guys here on Bullshido have NO IDEA who Victor Solier even is! The best TKD fighter out there and they have no clue at all. In fact you are the only other Bullshido poster I know of who even claims to know who he is.

Here's what I did say that was controversial about Victor: I said he broke his knee on two different occasions while teaching TKD, these multiple injuries eventually leading to his (at least temporary) retirement from professional kickboxing. This is a rumor I heard in Bremerton - it would be nice if you could confirm or unconfirm this rumor.

Also, do you know if Victor Solier has any connections to Maurice Smith closer than working out at the same faciluty before matches? (That facility being Vern Miller's school in Bremerton in the '90's...)

I want to see a TKD reformation that turns it into a decent full contact martial art. Victor Solier is the best hope for that happening that I know of (besides perhaps ditching TKD tournament/sparring rules in favor of Knock-Down Karate tournament/sparring rules.)
    Many of us with a TKD background would also like this to happen. Unfortunately as long as it is an Olympic sport I don't think it will.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:46am

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    TKD is not for breakfast.
    How about brunch then?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 10:25pm