Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/01/2006 7:47pm

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Frank Galante - actual vee-arnis "master"?

I found out that Frank Galante is going to be teaching some free self defense classes on campus here at Stony Brook and wasn't sure what to make of that. My google-fu turns up http://www.galantema.com/ which leads me to some uncertainty. There are claims of mastery of multiple systems, a 10th degree belt, and being a grandmaster.

On the other hand on bullshido there is an article about how no-nonsense vee-jitsu is. Under Galante's style description there is mention of "simulated combat conditions" with protective gear. Is that sparring, or fruity self defense drills with foam padding?

Any insights from bullies more knowledgable than myself?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2006 8:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have not heard of SGM Galante. However, as I stated in my Vee Jitsu article, the list of Visitation Arts provided was not meant to be a complete list as Prof. Vee's influence was pretty broad.

With that said, the certifications provided on SGM Galante's website appear legit and appear to be signed by Prof. Vee. My prior instructor had all of his Rank diploma's signed by Prof. Vee and the signatures appear similar. Further, reference is made on the site of other well known Visitation Art proponents, such as the late Moses Powell. Thus, I would say that SGM Galante's art appears to be a legit Visitation Art.

GM David James, the man who inherited the Vee-Jitsu system from Prof. Vee on his deathbed, has produced quite a few RSBD type video's that have fairly consistently received pretty good reviews for being no nonsense, aggressive, and pretty direct. I've rolled with GM James and he is a bad bad man, no joke.

My recommendation is that if you are interested in self-defense type teachings you really cannot go wrong with GM James training and system. If SGM Galante's system is anything similar, I think it would be worth your time to check it out.

Better yet, check it out and then write a review of your experience. I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it.

As far as the title of "Supreme Grand Master", it may be self given due to the fact that Prof. Vee authorized him to develop his own system. Titles are one unfortunate hang-up in the Visitation Arts in my opinion. However, most if not all of the visitation arts are trained in an alive environment, so grandiose titles aside, the seminar will probably be pretty good.

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 9:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Vee Jitsu Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Frank Galante - ACTUAL Vee-Arnis MASTER

I have a Black Belt from Master Galante, and, although have not actively practiced for some time, can assure you that Master Galante is indeed a Master in the true sense of the word; and has evolved and gone way beyond his training of years ago. You simply cannot do any better if you require training that is true and devoid of all the BS and posturing I see listed here.
    NOT for the weak, Not for the fakes: Go only if you have a desire for SOMETHING REAL, SOMETHING GOOD, SOMETHING THAT LASTS.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 6:55pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura A Hargrea View Post
    I have a Black Belt from Master Galante, and, although have not actively practiced for some time, can assure you that Master Galante is indeed a Master in the true sense of the word; and has evolved and gone way beyond his training of years ago. You simply cannot do any better if you require training that is true and devoid of all the BS and posturing I see listed here.
    NOT for the weak, Not for the fakes: Go only if you have a desire for SOMETHING REAL, SOMETHING GOOD, SOMETHING THAT LASTS.
    call now and we'll even include your very own foam rubber suit so you can spar with aliveness *thumbs up*

Posted On:
    11/30/2009 5:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsy grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

You don't know prof. Galante you punk whimp piece of ****!!!

YOU GO BRAGGING ABOUT PROF. GALANTE THIS AND THAT AND ALL YOU ARE IS A PUNK ASS PIECE OF DOG ****!!!! HE HAS RELIGIOUSLY DEDICATED OVER 43 YEARS TO THE MARTIAL ARTS AND IS ONE OF THE ONLY FEW REAL GRANDMASTERS AROUND YOU LOSER DERELICT! HE IS OVER 60 YEARS OLD AND WILL WIPE THE STREETS WITH YOUR SILLY HOOKER ASS!!! THEN AGAIN YOUR MOTHER WAS A FUCKING WHORE IS WHERE YOU CAME FROM!! YOU ARE BEING BLOCKED TO AVOID YOUR IGNORANT CLAIMS ANY FURTHER YOU RETARD!!! YOU MUST BE DAVID LOSER JAMES!! THE JOHNNIE COME LATELY OF THE VEE JITSU WORLD WHO SCREWED UP THE WHOLE SYSTEM TRYING TO CLAIM HE IS THIS AND THAT EXACTLY YOU ARE THIS AND THAT ****!!! NOW NOBODY WANTS TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY OF YOUR PROGRAMS NOT EVEN YOUR HIGH RANKING SMUCKS BECAUSE THEY EVEN REALIZE YOUR A FUCKING LOSER!!! GO TO HELL:blob1: ASS WIPE!!!
    Last edited by mrmma; 11/30/2009 6:05pm at .

Posted On:
    11/30/2009 6:47pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmma View Post
    YOU GO BRAGGING ABOUT PROF. GALANTE THIS AND THAT AND ALL YOU ARE IS A PUNK ASS PIECE OF DOG ****!!!! HE HAS RELIGIOUSLY DEDICATED OVER 43 YEARS TO THE MARTIAL ARTS AND IS ONE OF THE ONLY FEW REAL GRANDMASTERS AROUND YOU LOSER DERELICT! HE IS OVER 60 YEARS OLD AND WILL WIPE THE STREETS WITH YOUR SILLY HOOKER ASS!!! THEN AGAIN YOUR MOTHER WAS A FUCKING WHORE IS WHERE YOU CAME FROM!! YOU ARE BEING BLOCKED TO AVOID YOUR IGNORANT CLAIMS ANY FURTHER YOU RETARD!!! YOU MUST BE DAVID LOSER JAMES!! THE JOHNNIE COME LATELY OF THE VEE JITSU WORLD WHO SCREWED UP THE WHOLE SYSTEM TRYING TO CLAIM HE IS THIS AND THAT EXACTLY YOU ARE THIS AND THAT ****!!! NOW NOBODY WANTS TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY OF YOUR PROGRAMS NOT EVEN YOUR HIGH RANKING SMUCKS BECAUSE THEY EVEN REALIZE YOUR A FUCKING LOSER!!! GO TO HELL:blob1: ASS WIPE!!!
    We have a live one people!

mrmma, you seem to have lost your temper. Do you mind telling us why?

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    12/01/2009 7:46am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like he went to ChosonNinjas special Kancho Ninja Camp and was "violated"
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

:)

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 3:58am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wha? was that....did he?.......wow.

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 12:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    y u necro bro?

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 8:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Vee Gee Tzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to add truth to this thread. Grand Master Frank Galante is a 10th Dan of the Vee-Jitsu lineage. He trained in Vee-Jitsu for over 30 years with Professor Vee and also trained extensively in Sanuces with Dr. Moses Powell. He is the only Grand Master that received all of his black belt degrees from Professor Vee, which is part of the reason Professor Vee designated him to be "Supreme Grand Master"; to set him apart from about 5 other Grand Masters. Professor Galante is the lead in the only official instructional Vee Jitsu videos that Professor Vee ever produced. He lives a humble life as as true master in the footsteps of Professor Vee, which contributes to why he may not be as well known to some people. He did not inherit the system, because he did not ask for it and was directed by Professor Vee to go beyond. With Professor Vee's approval, Supreme Grand Master Galante evolved the style into Vee Gee Tzu. Unfortunately, a false master asked for the Vee-Jitsu system and took advantage while Professor Vee had Alzheimer's like symptomsnear the end of his life - that is the hard truth. Now, the Vee-Jitsu system is advertised in videos that assert it "is a self defense system which you can learn quickly." What?!? Total greedy marketing BS. Perhaps they have forgotten that it is an eclectic art of precision, that it is open ended, and forever evolving.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast