Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2006 12:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thinking about splitting the training

Well I have been doing MT for a month and a half and its going great. But I have been watching the BJJ classes and wanna give it a go. My main goal of MT is self defense and then the conditioning portion of it. Anyway after reading on here and seeing the classes I was thinking of doing both...plus they have a dual rate for doing both classes. Anyway I thought I would post the school to see what you think. There is one other BJJ school I know fo but this seems to be the best I have looked at, plus I do MT with a few of the guys.

Site:
    http://coloradobjj.com/bjj.html

Instructor:
    http://www.coloradobjj.com/dr.html

Pingo

Posted On:
    11/01/2006 12:42pm

Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    David Ruiz checks out on OTM, but I would check out the other instructors just to be sure. Seems to be legit though.

And BJJ is great for self-defense in a way that MT doesn't help. You can hold a big guy down with a scarf hold without hurting him or him hurting you, but you can't really restrain people all that well with MT, and that can mean a lot for police reports and the like. Not that MT isn't great but, the whole "I'm sorry, officer, his face ran into my knee...about nine or ten times" excuse just doesn't cut it sometimes in terms of legally permissible self defense.
    Last edited by ViciousFlamingo; 11/01/2006 12:44pm at .

Posted On:
    11/01/2006 9:19pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dave Ruiz is the real deal. They are a competing academy, and he's a black under Rigan Machado, who was through last year on a seminar circuit. His students are tough in local competitions.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2006 10:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tonight I really met him instead of the "whats up" type thing. Real nice guy. Ill see my schedule to see if I can split my time

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    11/01/2006 10:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know a good Thai kick to the leg is a pretty good deterence in almost all self defense situations