Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/31/2006 5:55pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there a way to combine this to the review I already made on my school? It already had an explanation of the classes, price and stuff.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47662
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    10/31/2006 5:58pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I can merge the threads. Good idea.

Posted On:
    10/31/2006 6:00pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, that worked like a charm... as if Aeso actually replied to the guy asking for directions.

Posted On:
    10/31/2006 6:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy Cow dude. You are a magician :)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 1:58am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the best so far. Thanks Luis!

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 10:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FYI, for any SoFla pple interested, the school is now offering MMA classes Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30pm to 7:30pm. The BJJ gi classes have been moved from 7:30pm to 8:30pm.

Posted On:
    8/11/2007 11:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

no more

my dear friends that school..former rollyson and now former ATT hollywood is no more..Edson Left just like Marles rollyson becouse the owner is a scambag..so you guys should think 30 times before join that school , they have no credibilitie and they keep changing the school name and teachers...
    GOOD LUCK GUYS.
    AUHAUAHUA

Posted On:
    8/11/2007 12:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by giufight
    my dear friends that school..former rollyson and now former ATT hollywood is no more..Edson Left just like Marles rollyson becouse the owner is a scambag..so you guys should think 30 times before join that school , they have no credibilitie and they keep changing the school name and teachers...
    GOOD LUCK GUYS.
    AUHAUAHUA
    If I understand correctly Edson left because time conflicts in taking care of family issues and his own school in Deerfield Beach.

Currently they have Jimmy Perez, a BB in Judo and BJJ purple belt teaching Judo from 5 to 7pm, and this was something that's been in the works since way before Master Rollyson left (that I know.) Furthermore Leo Kirby is teaching both the gi and no-gi classes, and the school is now associated with Marcelo Garcia (the website is in the works http://www.marcelogarciasofla.com/).

I don't know exactly what the heck happened back then, but the fact that Leo Kirby and Jimmy Perez are there and have been there since the times of Rollyson Academy led me to believe in the quality of instruction - plus they have produced wins on NAGA AFAIK.

It is true that there's been a lot of changes, and I don't know if I'm going back since I'm moving further away (and just 1 mile close to Luis Gutierrez' school, where Leo and Jimmy had worked as instructors before.) Plus they don't have MMA anymore, which is a bummer to me to be honest.

But as it is now, for a flat fee, people can train 4 times a week no gi and twice weekly in no gi as well as twice a week in kickboxing and once a week in boxing.

I'm not going to take sides in this issue, but I have to ask if you are by any chance associated with that other school in Hallandale. Btw, my name is Luis Espinal - I'm just putting my name just for the sake of putting a real face behind my observation of things. I have no beef with anyone, and since I may not go back (since it's further away from my future home), I have nothing to gain or lose. However, I want to know the truth. Hopefully you can do the same.

If you have something of substance to say about the owner of the school, I strongly suggest you introduce yoursef in the "BS, Fraud, Investigations, and Standards" forum here and explain the circumstances of the events as well as your association or relations past and/or present from where you have come to reach your conclusions or POV on the school.

Thanks and good luck with your training.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 8/11/2007 12:17pm at .

Posted On:
    8/11/2007 12:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    THOSE BEAUTIFUL PICS ON THE WALL IN NO MORE...EDSON IS GOONE. NOW YOU HAVE A PURBLE BELT (THINKING THAT HE IS BROW) TEACHING..YOU GUYS GONA GO VERY FAR...DONT BE FOOL LOOK FOR A REAL BJJ SCHOOL...

Posted On:
    8/11/2007 5:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by giufight
    THOSE BEAUTIFUL PICS ON THE WALL IN NO MORE...EDSON IS GOONE. NOW YOU HAVE A PURBLE BELT (THINKING THAT HE IS BROW) TEACHING..YOU GUYS GONA GO VERY FAR...DONT BE FOOL LOOK FOR A REAL BJJ SCHOOL...
    Why the **** do you say "you guys"? Didn't I just said I'm not going to that school anymore? Can you read or not?

What's your association past and present with that school? What's your name? Are you associated with the BJJ school in Hallandale? Do not bother to write back if you do not answer these questions.

As I said, I no longer have any association with the school, and I don't care what conflicts you or other people may have with it.

However, if you are going to question people's credentials, at least be a man and identify yourself, and be precise in explaining your grievances and accusations. If you have something to say about the school, the owner or Leo, just say so in the investigation forums here:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Again, just so that you don't miss it and in case you cannot read, go here and create a thread explaining your complains about the school and the instructor's credentials:

If you don't do that, then you are going to look like a guy with a cheap personal vendetta incapabable to present his case in a logical manner.

Once more, go here and present your case, review and/or opinions on the subject:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast