Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 12 34561252102 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 11:06pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by botunga
    Samuel, you seem quite emotional about this issue. However, in light of your status on this board, I've amended my post and used treated badly intead of stole money. I don't know anyone who is going to want to be named on here. If you are that serious, you need to do your own research and ask them yourself. This is not a law enforcement forum, and this is not a charge, but a report of what I heard. I still think it is true, but have no way to give you what you want. Can you tell me why this is that important to you? It was quite a number of years ago.
    Emotional? I'm not the one who came here with an axe to grind. I ask my questions because there are a lot of people who throw around terms like fraud and theft without being able to factually back them. Its important to me because I am one of this boards legal advisors, so before you get dragged into court for something you posted here, I'm interested in finding out if you can support your allegations. Now you try to say its our burden to do research when you have not even provided a starting point for such an investigation. Here is my offer. Get these people to agree to use their real names and to talk to us and we can actually proceed to look into your earlier charges.

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 11:08pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, and this you can verify by checking out the LINKS I PROVIDED, he claims to be a Kahuna, a master of Huna magic, able to cure cancer by a simple breathing exercise, and you can get rich quickly too by using his methods. Oh, and he ONLY changes $2500 for a 2 day seminar. So, this has gotten worse than just the Speed Hitting tapes, which others on here have viewed and found to be worse than nothing. So maybe his technique is a bit more sophisticated than stealing. He's referred to on even Amazon.com reviews of his Mental Training of A Warrior Book as a snake oil salesman.
    At least one of those posts you linked to also refers to him as a snake oil salesman, tell me, are you just quoting what you said on another board?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 11:16pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Emotional? I'm not the one who came here with an axe to grind. I ask my questions because there are a lot of people who throw around terms like fraud and theft without being able to factually back them. Its important to me because I am one of this boards legal advisors, so before you get dragged into court for something you posted here, I'm interested in finding out if you can support your allegations. Now you try to say its our burden to do research when you have not even provided a starting point for such an investigation. Here is my offer. Get these people to agree to use their real names and to talk to us and we can actually proceed to look into your earlier charges.

He's projecting Sam.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 11:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is an idea . . . take exerpts from each link so people know what they claim/allege/prove . . . put it in a calm summary post with your examples laid out.

For example:

Claims to be a Ph.D.

Receive from a non-accredited university

Details/links with summary of link.

You can do that "off-line" then put it together. I think it would be a really good thing.

--J.D.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 11:17pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the **** is with people who come here to spit and shout and sputter about this guy or that; and then get pissed when we all don't jump right in?

What the ****? You think he is a fraud? Great. Do some research, find some dirt. If you need help, ask. But for ****'s sake don't come here and throw a temper tantrum about someone must of us have never heard of or care about, and then get pissy when we don't all drop what we are doing to pat you on the back and tell you how special your situation is.

If you give us something compelling to work with, we can help you with a real investigation. But if you only intend to bitch about the guy...well...why should any of us care?
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 11:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I did not post the review I referred to. I was repeating what I saw. But, yes, I do agree with it. Obviously, I'm not able to supply people to come in and "testify" about what happened with his black belts, so my post stands amended. I did hear the story second hand. Does that make it any less valid? No, not to me,but you sound like a lawyer, and from that perspective, it is problematical as I can't imagine they are going to come forward at this point. Now, tell me, where are his schools, if he is a grandmaster as he claims??? Where are his blackbelts. Something is very, very wrong here.

First I think that you need to look at the totality of evidence here, not make it about me. I'm not a victim so I can only offer what I saw on the web and annecdotal evidence. If others reading this who do have first hand knowledge would come forwrd, that would be great.

In the mean time, I think you need to review this with reason..... Do you SERIOUSLY BELIEVE there is anyone out there including this John LaTourrette who can cure cancer with a breathing technique? Make you wealthy just by their secret techniques? Get you more sex with women using his secret techniques? Do YOU believe you can effectively hit someone 15 or 20 times in a second? If you are an attorney, and you don't think this is a scam, then by all means, by his materials, go to his seminars, and fork over your money. Hell, bring your friends and family too if you want. Be my guest. It's a free country. There are suckers born every minute.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 11:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did hear the story second hand. Does that make it any less valid? No, not to me,but you sound like a lawyer, and from that perspective, . . .
    Yes it does, your opinion does not matter, because, yes, he is a lawyer with experience in these things.

So, why not calm the **** down and listen to the advice people are trying to give you, especially those who have actually conducted successful investigations?

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 11:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How many legitimate martial arts masters sell a course called How To Be A Mafia Hitman? And if you are a lawyer, is that even legal? http://mindcontrolcentral.blogspot.c...er-101106.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 11:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    J.D. Ok I am calm, and have been listening. I'm gathering a more precise post. I have had to use info from the links I already provided, but I'll try to distill it down. I have checked the links on the degree, and the blog, and I have read the attachment posted at www.scamfraudalert.com. It is very fucking bizarre, and that is my opinion. You're right, I think there needs to be a legal brain here because this is a very clever and complex situation. I do need help because it is just so fucking outrageous. Sorry for being tempermental.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 11:45pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I did not post the review I referred to. I was repeating what I saw. But, yes, I do agree with it. Obviously, I'm not able to supply people to come in and "testify" about what happened with his black belts, so my post stands amended. I did hear the story second hand. Does that make it any less valid? No, not to me,but you sound like a lawyer, and from that perspective, it is problematical as I can't imagine they are going to come forward at this point. Now, tell me, where are his schools, if he is a grandmaster as he claims??? Where are his blackbelts. Something is very, very wrong here.
    Funny you should mention Lawyer and Sam in the same sentence. That being said, unlike a lot of mud slinging websites, this one is about PROVING things as opposed to just throwing out baseless allegations.

First I think that you need to look at the totality of evidence here, not make it about me. I'm not a victim so I can only offer what I saw on the web and annecdotal evidence. If others reading this who do have first hand knowledge would come forwrd, that would be great.
    What evidence? Links do not a case make. Someone gave you some advice on how to make a persuasive argument - I suggest using it.

In the mean time, I think you need to review this with reason..... Do you SERIOUSLY BELIEVE there is anyone out there including this John LaTourrette who can cure cancer with a breathing technique? Make you wealthy just by their secret techniques? Get you more sex with women using his secret techniques? Do YOU believe you can effectively hit someone 15 or 20 times in a second? If you are an attorney, and you don't think this is a scam, then by all means, by his materials, go to his seminars, and fork over your money. Hell, bring your friends and family too if you want. Be my guest. It's a free country. There are suckers born every minute.
    I don't happen to seriously believe that a man could come back from the dead after 3 days rotting in the middle eastern desert and be welcomed with open arms instead of having the villagers chase him with pitchforks and torches. But strangely enough there are hundreds of millions of people who will tell you that that is one of their core beliefs. Without evidence to the contrary who am I to say hitting someone 15-20 times in a second doesn't work (have you tried to get him to do his little punching routine on camera so it could actually be analyzed - ala the no touch knockdowns for Dillman? - of course not that would require work) or that Zombie Jesus wasn't welcomed back with open arms? In fact there are folks right now signing over their social security checks to folks making just such claims - and they're bringing their whole families too.

You are correct - it's a free country. And it has free speech. And you are welcome to say anything you like about anyone else. That being said they are also free to sue the living pants off of you. The Internet is not nearly as anonymous as you might like to think. That is why, without proof, it would be better to state that "in my opinion XYZ is a fraud and here is why" rather then "XYZ is a fraud - wah wah wah look at me I'm an Internet attention whore".
Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 12 34561252102 ... LastLast