Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 12:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: EPAK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've been in the martial arts since 1963 and have studied kenpo, it's history, it's people, and it's art for the past six years. when i saw how kenpotalk folks sucked up to john la toilet, i quit reading that forum. Most of the old timers knew what a scumbag jlt was. unfortunately, many are gone.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 1:08am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karlijim
    i've been in the martial arts since 1963 and have studied kenpo, it's history, it's people, and it's art for the past six years. when i saw how kenpotalk folks sucked up to john la toilet, i quit reading that forum. Most of the old timers knew what a scumbag jlt was. unfortunately, many are gone.
    Just like I said earlier.

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 8:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: nija

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karlijim
    A martial talk bashing forum fan I see. You know what they say about opinions. Kenpo is filled with numerous senior instructors with questionable character. Unless you talked to these seniors yourself I would highly doubt their status if they openly bash other seniors. There's generally a respect for others regardless of personal differences.

Did these same seniors also give you all the dirt on Doc Chapel...I mean the guy's not even white!

You've gotten all the good dirt in your six years my friend.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 9:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: EPAK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, i have spoken to many seniors over the years. Not one of them had anything good to say about la toilet. la toilet is a liar and an opporunist. he is the only "senior" that i find dispicable. i've read his secrets of kenpo karate and he bashed ed parker, but now, he's a celebrity on kenpotalk and those poor souls don't know any better. they weren't there and haven't a clue. are you white? i think you're wong.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 9:37pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kockroach

Did these same seniors also give you all the dirt on Doc Chapel...I mean the guy's not even white!.
    Hmmm.......what does this have to do with credentials? Non-whites can't do kempo?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 8:07am

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it is with great trepidation and much quivering of the lip that i dip my toes into this murky pool of a thread that has taken nearly a year to come to this point. i hope to prove up to the task.
    i am coming to two conclusions after reading the entire thread and all included links.
    1. "DR" john m. latourrette, by all appearances, is a liar based merely on his various quantified claims as to # of fights, students, belts etc.
    2. he has used ,at best unscrupulous, if not criminal methods to sell a variety of different mental stamina building programs which seem to all but subscribers of those programs to be a load of BS.
    now, from the beginning of this thread, that has seemed pretty self-evident and at the start it seemed to me to be a great candidate for the inquisition. excellent questions were posed over the course of this thread that beg at least some sort of answer. however i have actually seen very few answers that are definitive in the context of the questions asked.
    i really, seriously, for realsies want to know about the validity of some of his more checkable claims. i do not have any kind of old school ma connections, or for that matter any new school connections. i do however, have a love of intelliigent discourse on all manner of subjects and it has motivated me to read quite a few threads on this forum as they have almost all ended in a fairly resolute and well researched conclusion.
    with that said,about halfway through this thread it seems to me that many people came to the conclusion that they had proven their point with all possible routes of rebuttal blocked.that has me somewhat disconcerted. through all of the sidetracks and irrelevancies only one fact has been established, namely that he claims his PhD is from an accredited learning institution.( which it is not)
    i guess my point is that it seems a terrible waste of more than a thousand posts to have only gleaned that one thing. i would like really like some avenues to pursue to check the veracity of many of his possibly fraudulent statements, as i have recently found myself with some free time to kill.
    so please if you guys have any ideas that haven't been brought up yet please shoot.
    Last edited by romeyroam; 9/18/2007 8:09am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 10:24pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Due to the size of the thread, the impact on database performance, and the sheer number of pages and posts, the mods have asked that this thread be separated into two parts.

Who would have ever thought this thread would have generated this much interest...and controversy.

To summarize this much material is nearly impossible, but here are the main points (and it is highly likely I will miss some) that have arisen regarding the sleazoid John M. LaTourrette:

• John M. LaTourrette likes to use the title of doctor, based on a fake Ph.D he obtained from an illegal degree mill called Columbia Pacific University, which was shut down by California authorities.
    • John M. LaTourrette claims he has no less than four 10th degree black belts. Only one of them has been able to be verified...the one he promoted himself to.
    • He claims more than 19 other black belts...and only 2 of them have had some (but by no means conclusive) verification.
    • John M. LaTourrette has been charging gullible suckers thousands of dollars for courses in something called Huna Magic, and similar bullshit scam courses in another phony pseudo-psycology called NLP. He convinces the suckers he can make them rich by thinking positive thoughts, and that they can heal diseases as well with their minds.
    • He now posts a disclaimer on his website stating that he is not a medical doctor, so that he can avoid going to jail or being sued for giving medical advice.
    • He has a very, very bad reputation, both in martial arts circles, and on the internet. Old timers in the arts call him La Toilet (apparently for his foul mouth and disparagement of others, both of which he tried to hide now).
    • He appears to crave infamy and worshipper types who will lick his boots, and give him praise. Like all maniacs he seems very insecure, and needs a cabal of losers to tell him how great he is.
    • And, he does have his supporters, mostly those who have purchased his courses and think they have magical powers and can hit faster than any human on earth.
    • His supporters, gulllible as they may be, have been given equal air time on this site. Yet, the phony John M. LaTourrette has not come forth on this site to answer the allegations against him. He relies on his suckers to do that for him, which is a sign of cowardice and fear.
    • Perhaps, we will yet hear from him, in Part 2 of this thread. No doubt in the meantime he will send other lackies to do his dirty work for him.
    • As has been requested, more proof regarding his various fake claims would be a positive.

Part 2 of this thread can be found at: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...28#post1571528
    All new posts should be made there.