223507 Bullies, 3557 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 7:46pm

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Precedent of doubt in Marx's qualifications has now been established. If he could be wrong about his supposed PhD. for so long then it is also possible that other titles/awards could be similarly flawed.

I presume we don't need to bring up the literal translation and cultural meaning of the Soke title to those supporters of Marx?

I also find it highly amusing that Stevehm, as a practitioner of a martial art with a Christian leaning, brings up witch trials as a metaphor for something bad.
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 7:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please elucidate, Stevehm.

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 7:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Keichu-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot
    I also find it highly amusing that Stevehm, as a practitioner of a martial art with a Christian leaning, brings up witch trials as a metaphor for something bad.
    Ironic, isn't it? Supposedly Christian people held the witch trials, just like supposedly caring individuals on this site are ripping apart people's reputations. We could all wonder what is flawed and what is not when we are put under the microscopic scrutiny of people who are out to hang anyone they can.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 8:02pm

Style: BJJ, Debate-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a person who works in state government, it seems to me that this game has been over for several thread-pages. The Louisiana state archives confirmed that no state law exists recognizing Keichu-do as the state's "official martial art." Whoever said it was is therefore a liar. Lying=Bullshit, and bullshit relating to martial arts is bullshido.

In order to check from a different avenue (just to make sure) I did a Revised Statutes search on the Louisiana state legislative website: http://www.legis.state.la.us/. The search terms I used included "Keichu" and "martial art." The first returned no results, the second returned 6. They're listed below with brief explanations where appropriate. Parenthetical text is my own.

1. RS 15:732 - Legislative findings and declaration
    [Last Modified: 01/01/2005 12:00:00 AM]
    (This is a legislative declaration that it's dangerous to let convicts learn martial arts while in prison)

2. RS 15:733 - Prohibition of karate, judo, or other martial arts programs
    (this is legislation acting upon the declaration above, and prohibiting the practice of martial arts by incarcerated felons)

3. RS 4:81.1 - Tough-man contest; prohibition
    (self-explanatory)

4. RS 14:102.11 - Illegal contact sports; penalty
    (self-explanatory)

5. RS 15:542 - Registration of sex offenders
    [Last Modified: 09/28/2006 10:23:26 AM]
    (unrelated)

6. RS 15:1227 - Juvenile boot camp clearinghouse
    (unrelated)

You may replicate my searches to check my results.

In order to verify that Louisiana, like Oregon, records official state things by statute, I did a search for "flower," which returned many entries, including RS 49:154 - State flower, which declares the magnolia the state flower of Louisiana.

Why would the state flower be legislatively recognized and the state martial art not?

Because, according to the state's Revised Statutes, Louisiana has no official martial art.
    Last edited by kohadril; 2/26/2007 8:06pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 8:29pm

Style: BJJ, Debate-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevehm
    Ironic, isn't it? Supposedly Christian people held the witch trials, just like supposedly caring individuals on this site are ripping apart people's reputations. We could all wonder what is flawed and what is not when we are put under the microscopic scrutiny of people who are out to hang anyone they can.
    Yes. Because these things are commensurate. Here are the ways in which I think what we're doing is different:

#1) The alleged witches weren't actually witches, in the witch trials. The alleged lies we're discussing today (like Keichu-Do being the state martial art of Louisiana) apparently are lies.

#2) In the witch trials, unsupported claims went wholly uninvestigated. In this thread, we are investigating the unsupported claims of Keichu-Do exponents. In this way, we're demonstrating the kind of thinking that would have prevented the witch trials from being such travesties.

#3) Oh, yeah. We're NOT KILLING PEOPLE OR RUINING THEIR LIVES! We're just outing liars. You, on the other hand, are trivializing the deaths of innocent women to score cheap points with fallacious appeals to emotion and false analogies. I'll let you think about which is worse.

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 8:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kohadril
    #3) Oh, yeah. We're NOT KILLING PEOPLE OR RUINING THEIR LIVES! We're just outing liars. You, on the other hand, are trivializing the deaths of innocent women to score cheap points with fallacious appeals to emotion and false analogies. I'll let you think about which is worse.
    I'm NOT trivializing anything! I'm merely pointing out that the same hysteria that caused the witch trials to happen is the same hysteria that is driving this "investigation". Just because evidence has not come up as yet to fully show you that Keichu-Do is the "official" martial art of Lousiana, doesn't make it any less so. Just because it hasn't been passed by state statute doesn't make it any less so either. I've seen many a time when there have been such things from an honory standpoint. Is it possible this is anything less? I don't know because I wasn't there for the ceremony anymore than you were.

Oh by the way, it wasn't merely women who were convicted of witchcraft, there were men too. Look at the paragraph below the picture on this link: http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/proj...alem/SALEM.HTM

Since you don't know me, you cannot possibily begin to make accurate accusations of what my intent was, so kindly keep insensitive comments like that to yourself! Destroying someone's reputation IS ruining their lives. That's why slander suits are in the courts all of the time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 8:58pm

Style: TKD BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's rather interesting reading all of this, though it has sucked the joy right out of me this afternoon. Seemingly, this is a lot like the witch trials in Salem, MA. Now, if only we could turn our attention to the problem of the safety of our food supply and other such miniscule details that face our country today. Anyone got a vat of water we could put Karl Marx in to see if he floats or not?

Stevehm - you wouldn't happen to be Steven H. Miller, the fellow who left the review of Karl Marx's book on Amazon.com, would you?

Are you related to Karl Marx, as in a student of his or in some capacity? Are you aware of the issues regarding the authenticity of his Ph.D.?

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 9:04pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are a caring forum. We care about the wellfare of the CONSUMER. Our whole mission is to bring about a change in martial arts. This includes making it known which instructors are using fraudulent claims to attract students.

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 9:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    We are a caring forum. We care about the wellfare of the CONSUMER. Our whole mission is to bring about a change in martial arts. This includes making it known which instructors are using fraudulent claims to attract students.
    This would be much easier to believe if you were attacking the purposely fraudulent ones only, but Karl W. Marx has not knowingly done anything to warrant these attacks. He was as duped about the Ph.D. as anyone could be. If he's guilty of anything, it's being dumb enough to trust someone whom he shouldn't have. I'm sure we've all been guilty of that at one point in our lives. Let's drop this now. The horse has been beaten dead and we're all still wacking on it. There's lots of other fraudulent people who need our attention. The damage is already done for Karl W. Marx. Just let it go and let the guy live out his remaining years in peace. Enough is enough already. That goes for both sides of the argument!

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 9:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by weechey
    Stevehm - you wouldn't happen to be Steven H. Miller, the fellow who left the review of Karl Marx's book on Amazon.com, would you?

Are you related to Karl Marx, as in a student of his or in some capacity? Are you aware of the issues regarding the authenticity of his Ph.D.?
    Yes I am, but I wrote that quite some time before I became a student of his. For posterity sake, I have removed that review, lest any more of these kinds of accusations continue, despite how ludicrous that may seem to you that I wrote it previously. Again BEFORE I had become his student. I am more than aware of the Ph.D. debacle too.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast