Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 11:11pm

Style: TKD BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpeech
    Actually that individual has not participated on this forum. Yet at least. So if you are going to speculate please keep it to yourself there may be a gullible individual out there who might not realize it and think that, that is a fact spoken by an expert or someone credible. Of course I do not want you to take away from this a feeling that I am questioning your credibility. I do not know and have not looked into it so, no in fact I am not.

I am however expressing the fact that all speculations should be cut out or properly labled.
    Actually, I wasn't implying that he was you - only that I highly doubted that an independent third person bought the book and gave it such a rave review. Your comment suggests to me that I am correct that Mr. Marx's own student or someone with a relationship to him put that review up.

It's bad enough that he is selling a book with inaccurate credentials - his own student providing glowing reviews under the premise of being independent is ludicrous.

BTW, you've put up quite a number of posts since post #61 - good to know that forum members continue to post "earthshattering things" prompting your reply, but personally I think it's our "extreme sincerity" in seeing that others are not duped by fraudulent claims.

Actual Photo

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 11:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpeech
    Back Fist Monkey it usually helps to keep people from becomeing confused on ones motivation and intent if you let them know that you have been chosen as a represenative of a group, or are takeing it apon yourself to represent a group that has chosen to remain silent on a matter to help out 'said' individual. When you express a statement without doing so you make it appear as if that is your sentament. I am not a mind reader and I do not know to many people that are. So trying to interpret intent from a message board goes beyond the realms of possiblility or plausibility (pretty much).
    You should also know that when you try to clarify that your original statement was not a manifestation of your abilities or inabilites that you are representing a group of people. You should also state that while you are representing them their sentiments are not yours. Otherwise you have just adopted their sentiments.
    So, why waste your time expressing something that you do not agree with?
    I represent myself and my view points . I can lend my help where I choose . If you choose to ignore my simple bits of advise and viewpoint feel free . I am not setting you up nor pretending to be on your side ... as you seem so caught up making things black and white . I was simply offering some advice and requesting the pictures that were mentioned .

Which I will do again , This time using harmless smilies that can not be mistaken .
    I will place them under spoiler tags as to not offend the ascetic (not a typo ) style of the thread .
    Spoiler:

:wav::needpics::wav:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 4:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Keichu-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's rather interesting reading all of this, though it has sucked the joy right out of me this afternoon. Seemingly, this is a lot like the witch trials in Salem, MA. Now, if only we could turn our attention to the problem of the safety of our food supply and other such miniscule details that face our country today. Anyone got a vat of water we could put Karl Marx in to see if he floats or not?

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 4:47pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why don't you provide specifics concerning where Steve aka JM is in error or has the cat got your tongue?

BJJ wins again!

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 5:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fran, in any case, thank you for posting your pictures.

SteveHM is only a few hours from me right here in the Land of Lincoln . . . interesting. Is there a Keichu-Do school in Illinois?

Soke Marx's recent discovery that he has been "duped" by the unscrupulous diploma mill into thinking he had done legitimate Ph.D work doesn't seem convenient to you, sir? I'm afraid it's too convenient for me.

The assertion that the Gator Roll has never been used correctly, therefore cannot be judged, is laughable. Either it works or it doesn't. If nobody from your art has made it work, it doesn't work. You're the only ones doing it (or not doing it, apparently.)

Arguing that a martial art can be "original" without being "new" or unique because a shoe can be "original" although the concept of a shoe is not new betrays a willingness to ignore the fundamental meaning of your language.

You didn't say that Keichu Do is original, but the concept of martial arts is not new. You said that Keichu Do is original, but Keichu Do is not new.

Your shoe analogy fails because a particular shoe and the broad concept of "shoe" are not one and the same, therefore there's no contradiction in the two having two mutually exclusive attributes. An individual shoe cannot be both original and "not new" in this sense. It doesn't matter if something else entirely is "not new."

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 5:27pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevehm
    It's rather interesting reading all of this, though it has sucked the joy right out of me this afternoon. Seemingly, this is a lot like the witch trials in Salem, MA. Now, if only we could turn our attention to the problem of the safety of our food supply and other such miniscule details that face our country today. Anyone got a vat of water we could put Karl Marx in to see if he floats or not?
    If you can't defend Marx with facts, attack the fact that he's being investigated. What a truly novel tactic. :icon_roll

If you refuse to participate in the discussion on this individual's credientials or lack thereof, you should recuse yourself from posting in this thread.

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 5:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    If you can't defend Marx with facts, attack the fact that he's being investigated. What a truly novel tactic. :icon_roll

If you refuse to participate in the discussion on this individual's credientials or lack thereof, you should recuse yourself from posting in this thread.
    Hey, whatever works! The facts are however, that you people are on a witch hunt. Whether you have the facts or not is irrelevant, because all you're truly interested in is destroying a truly remarkable man who just doesn't happen to fit into your idea of whatever is right.

Was he duped about the Ph.D.? Sure. Was the research in "Martial Arts Therapy" dated? Sure. But it doesn't change the fact that Karl W. Marx is by far a better person than many of us ever hope to be. That is a fact!
    Last edited by Stevehm; 2/26/2007 8:12pm at .

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 5:57pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=Don Gwinn]Fran, in any case, thank you for posting your pictures.

SteveHM is only a few hours from me right here in the Land of Lincoln . . . interesting. Is there a Keichu-Do school in Illinois?

There will be! Just not at the moment. I'm from your area originally too. Know right where Virden is. My home stomping grounds. Don't you just feel the love!?!?!?!?

Actual Photo

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 6:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevehm
    But it doesn't change the fact that Karl W. Marx is by far a better person than many of us ever hope to be. That is a fact!
    I fail to see how this a fact and seems to be one of the problems encountered often in this investigation ... a lot of personal opinion has been and still is being presented as fact .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 6:41pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    I fail to see how this a fact and seems to be one of the problems encountered often in this investigation ... a lot of personal opinion has been and still is being presented as fact .

Exactly. Now you've got it!!!
    Last edited by Stevehm; 2/26/2007 6:43pm at .
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast