Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 2:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tae kwon do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear JM,
    I did not call you a troll. I merely asked if you were trolling or asking honest questions. If you were offended, I apologize. As for the person who alleges that I am calling you a liar, he/she is wrong. I was simply trying to figure out your motive.

To answer the question, yes, I would think that the ceremony I attended would indeed be recorded somewhere in the State Archives, since it truly happened. I would expect that there would be some record. But, I don't really know how those things work, or who is responsible to record such events.

I only know what I saw & experienced. It was not a "big" ceremony, meaning there were no bands or military color guard, or any other such thing. There were several Keichu Do / Keichu Ryu schools & students in attendance.

There was a large wall display with several glass cases in which were enclosed photos & written histories of Keichu Do. The wall display went around in a somewhat circular manner, if my memory serves me correctly. Somehow I recall a circular room, and that would fit with my memory of the display.

I will try to find the photos I took, but honestly, most of the photos are of my kids (a proud Papa!). Also if there was a program, we likely have a copy somewhere near the photos.
    When & if I locate them (it's been nearly 10 years, & the photos are in a box somewhere), I will get someone younger & less technologically-challenged to scan them so I can post them.

I know you will be patient, as your email said something about trying to get answers for almost 6 months.

And about that "passive aggressive post" of mine, if I thought you were a liar, I would have said so, and not couched my words in other words. I am also not coming to the defense of Karl Marx. He doesn't need me to defend him.

Yes, I have been a student of Keichu Do. But the bulk of my training is in the Korean arts.
    I have no reason to hide that. Yes, I have also studied Kardo Jitsu-Ryu (please, at least get the style's name right), and yes, when I was a young man I was a professional dancer.

But these things have no bearing on what happened in August of 1997. The dates will be somewhere in my old day-planner file, so they too will be forthcoming. But whether the old photos still exist & are lost in the old-photo boxes, or did not survive at all (daughters tend to choose which photos their parents keep from time to time), the event I described to you actually occurred in 1997.

JM, by the way, is Steve your real name? If so, why do you hide behind a pseudonym? If you are asking honest questions, there is no reason to hide your true identity. Is that also passive-aggressive, or simply honest?
    FP

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 2:17pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I believe his name has already been disclosed to Mr. Marx :)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 2:20pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks.
    FP

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 8:39pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FranP,

You can call me Steve, if you'd like - my full name has been disclosed both to Karl Marx and his son Victor in the course of my investigatation. Judah Maccabee is a Jewish figure of significant historical importance.

Please note that I did not call you passive-aggressive; BackFistMonkey did in the post following mine.

Again, I'll be more than glad to amend or append to the results of my investigation based on substantial proof presented by any interested party. However, please note that a large portion of my criticism stems from Marx's actual writings and statements than the issues of historical records (though these historical issues are critical as well).

I think you'll find that if Victor Marx considered me reasonable enough to give a lengthy email response to concerning the above questions, you will come to do the same.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 10:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What specific government offical or office bestowed this award? You remembered the date so clearly, I am hoping you can rememeber this detail as well.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 11:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I assume because , you took offense to my post , you are going to ignore and deny the request for the pictures of the event ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2007 11:36am

Style: Keichu-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have pictures of the archive, and I have been in direct contact with the State Archive. I am going to have to edit the pictures a little bit. There is a woman featured in them and I am not willing to put her picture up on any site without her permission. I will get the pictures up when time allows. Unfortunately the Ms Charlene Bonnette was not the person I spoke with but the information that was looked for was readily available.

Posted On:
    2/24/2007 12:21pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you post the information, please tell us the full name of the person you talked to, free speech.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/24/2007 2:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JM/Steve,
    I know about the historical Judah Maccabee. I didn't really think it was your name.
    Sorry about confusing you with BackFistMonkey. My bad. Please accept my apology.

It would be best left to Victor Marx to answer questions regarding his dad, and the system. I am not as well acquainted with Keichu history as Victor Marx. My original reply was to 2 items, one of which I witnessed.

But I do have a question for you. What made you take up investigating Keichu Do, or any other martial art? Yes, there is a lot of fakery in the martial arts. Many have self-promoted.
    Many have "padded" (nice term for faked & lied about) their martial arts resumes. It seems to me that you could spend a lifetime investigating the fakes. But to what purpose, other than the self-satisfaction of knowing for certain that they are fakes, something most martial artists already know?

Karl Marx is not a fake. I haven't read all of his writings, the things you state you are being most critical of. He might not be the most glib man with American English that I have ever met, but he is a man whose martial accomplishments are worthy of respect.

You might not like his style of writing or speech, but that doesn't take anything away from his accomplishments. You might not like his style of martial arts. But it is still an effective system of self-defense.

If you feel that your calling is to defend the traditional (ie: older) systems against newer systems that have risen, OK. But they don't need anyone to defend them. They are tried & true.

What's your motivation? Just wondering...
    Franp

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    2/24/2007 5:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    franp,

You realize ignoring me only makes you appear to be a douche bag . I have valid comments , observations , and questions . Much like this one below :

franp ,

Are you going to share the photos of the event you mentioned ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast