Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 10:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He does, and it's pretty decent. Only bad part is, we don't roll much. The workout and drills are on par with Ronin's, but sparring is pretty rare.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 3:25pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bad, news in regards to Brooklyn training...Reilly's club is moving from Brooklyn to Manhattan next month.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2007 1:38am

Style: casual

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Easy enough to get to, Steve. Even public transport gets one there quickly.

Think about what you went through to meet your Sambo teacher - or what he went through to come to NYC.

Hope he is well.
    I liked my (too rare) shared time with him.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/03/2007 11:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed. Good training is worth travelling to. Reilly's classes are during the day now. Anyone interested in my club is always welcome (if they are coming to Manhattan).

It is hard to keep in touch with him. I last spoke about 2 years ago. His number was disconnected for a long while, but I now have the new one. Problem is, I dopn't speak Russian and he is almost never home...LOL. I will get his mom when I call, but she does not speak English so, it is like fishing. He never picks up the phone to call here...if you know Alex, you know he was a secretive kind of guy. He is well though, and his St. Petersberg club is doing very well.

Rob, do we know each other?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 3:12am

Style: casual

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes..and no.
    But we do have a connection with Alex - and have been in contact on a couple of web-forums - that are now gone.

We often met on-line - at a long gone Systema forum - and one about K-Sys.
    In fact - you actually invited me to your sportzal, about 2-3 - 4 years ago - to demo my personal understanding of Systema - and you would share your understanding of combat Sambo with me.
    We never got that chance to hook up with your students and yourself. My job kept screwing up with my time line - so much that I decided to stop teaching Systema. Just stop teaching and send my students to another, more dependable guide.

Yah, I know 'Alex' as a frickin bull - a seeker of wtf works - regardless of the source. He was a couple of inches shorter than I - but, as fluid as molten steel. Great sense of humor - he was more funny in physical than spoken - but, he always seemed to get his point across.

2 years/ Hells Bells, I have not seen Vlad Vasilieve for a little over 2 years...never can catch him by phone.
    LOL.
    This might be a pa-ruski understanding, da?
    BTW - PM me your schools address - I might just show up - rusty bones and all - to meet ya'all.

Alex really enjoyed Vlad's Systema seminars in FightHouse.
    I actually envy your time with him - a Sambo master of the art. We both had a lot of great training at seminars (the man was a dynamo!)

If you ever catch him by phone - send him my very best of regards. He will probably not remember 'me' though.

Yep - we never yet have met - but - we shared a thing - experience with a real master of sambo. The only one I ever met - in over 40 years of martial study.
    You might be the second, Steve.

Send me a PM and an address - and oneday, my 52 year old butt might just reach out and we shake hands - and take it from there.
    Fair?

Frankly, apples do not fall far from the tree - I am interested to see what your training has to offer to my skill set.

Alex always - ALWAYS - taught me something.

Maybe we can do an exchange, eventually.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 5:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell yes, I know who you are! You vanished for a while...along with that old forum...LOL. You still over at Riker's?

Definitely stop by! the address is posted at www.nycombatsambo.com

I would love to finally meet in person...after all these years :)
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345