Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 10:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been training at Serra in East Meadow since December of 2006. It took me a while to adjust to the relaxed atmosphere compared to what I was used to.

Not only are Matt, Nick and Tom top-notch instructors, but I find that anyone there who has knowledge to pass on is more than happy to share and work with you til you understand it.

Many times I have spend an extra hour or so after a class working with a blue or purple belt just to help me grasp some more understanding.

Great school. Lots of classes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2007 1:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've just started training there and so far i think it is a GREAT school. All of the instructors really seem to know what they are doing and all of the other students are very curtious and dont mind helping you figure things out. The only problem is the size, it can be a bit small, but good things come in small packages!

Posted On:
    7/23/2008 11:06am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Serra BJJ

I've been training at Serra's for about a year, I train at the HUntington location. The size of the school at Huntington is not a problem, it's quite a bit larger than East Meadow. The instruction is top notch, and the atmosphere is great, some really nice people there. I trained at a place down in Tucson for about 1 month prior to moving here, and boy what a difference in attitude. The ego and 'tudes in Tucson were so childish that I just couldn't stand it anymore and I quit after only 1 month. My view of bJJ was that it attracted mostly A-holes. I decided to give it one more try ( because I really love the art), and stepped into Serra's. Its been a year and I am hooked. I have made some good friends there.

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 8:20pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Update

Just to be current about the school since the last post was a while ago. Serra's school does have muay thai classes as well bjj. They have also incorperated wrestling classes too. I go to the huntington location but they will be opening a new school down the block very shortly. It will be 8500 sq feet and loaded with new gear, a full cage, shitloads of new seminars and classes..........so I hear anyway. I'll post again after it opens. Should be shortly after the new year.

P.S. I didn't metion that the school is top notch, with great instuctors, great attitude, and quality instuction. They don't tolorate douche bag attitudes. You'll have a good time ( cause they joke around) but be prepared to sweat and roll every class.

Posted On:
    4/20/2010 3:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New School opens!

Well the new location has finally opened and as promised I'm writing a review. First I will say the place is beautiful! All brand new equipment. The space is huge 8300 sq feet with over 5000 ft of training space ( thats over four timed the size of their former location) So big in fact multiple classes can be held with room to spare. A brand new FULL octogon cage, heavy, muat thai, and speed bags, cardio equipment and weights. They have Mauy thai classes taught by Ray Longos guys I beleive, as well as Wrestling instruction for take downs and take down defence and No-Gi classes. Ther's even "fitness" classes. They will have a MMA program for students and a fight team. So the dojo is now a full MMA training facility not just BJJ. It has updated locker room facilites (4 mens showers and 2 womens showers) More classes and an expanded new schedual that even the busiest person can find time to train -day or night. And that's just day 1 (it opened yesterday)
    I've been assured theirs more suprises and benifits to come! Just the other day BJ Penn came by to wish Matt well with the new Dojo and check out the new gym. This is truly the premier training facility for MMA and BJJ. Correct me if I'm wrong ( and I'm sure some of you will if I am) thier really isn't a better training facility on Long Island. Matt. Nick and their awsome instructors now have an equally awsome gym to teach all aspects of Mixed Martial Arts to those lucky enough to live on Long Island.
    Last edited by jk1919; 4/20/2010 7:33pm at .

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 11:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i got my purple from another school and after one night at serras old academy i switched schools as i was not happy with my other school.

I cannot tell you enough how much i love this school the atmosphere is friggin great, we are like one big family down there. The instruction is top notch, black belts always hanging around on the mats ready to anwser any questions you have to tighten your game up, no pressure for private lessons or any of that crap, there just is no need you get personal attention when you want.

the new academy is HUGE, cardio equipment, wieghts, full cage, ropes, rowers, vera climber, monkey bars, full gym for your use.

someone is almost always at the academy, so whenever you want to roll just come down call your training partners and get together. we are there every night til 10/11 no pressure for you to stop rolling or leave.

I love this place, i take train to get there i live an hour away and if i drove i would drive past 4 or so other academys, if you love jiu jitsu as much as i do and you live on LI this is like jiu jitsu disneyland come down.

Posted On:
    1/08/2012 3:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj-wrestling-kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad to hear good things from my fellow members. I just joined since wrestling and kickboxing coach moved to Jersey. I think I found a home. Real MMA, BJJ, M-T, Wrest, Full cage, lots of classes, very large, clean mats, and friendly brotherhood like atmosphere. Go TEAM Serra BJJ.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2012 4:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: various

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey whats up. posted on here i while back about training at serras was wondering if i could pick ur brains on the subject. been training for a year somewhere else but was checking out the schedules there and am very interested just wanted to ask a few questions bout who's teaching the classes costs competition things of that nature so if ur still training there pleases reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12