Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/12/2006 10:36pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW Genki is a crazy mofo( look what he wears sometimes into his fights ala the KFC bucket hat)

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/12/2006 10:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Im just glad I didn't get **** for putting K-1 footage in my "muay thai" highlight. "BUAKAW IS ONLY GOOD IN K-1, HES LIKE B-GRADE IN THAILAND NURK NURK!"
    **** man even I coud waste buakaw in thai rules

i dont find genkis k-1 fights that interesting really, i mean the way he fights is weird but theres not usually a whole lot of action. genki jumps around dancing and occasionally taking pot shots while his opponent attempts and usually fails to engage him in an orthodox fight

although it was pretty sweet when he landed a spinningbackfist combo on that tkd guy

Posted On:
    11/12/2006 10:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah alex Genki's in ring antics is what he uses in his mma fights to get his opponent pissed off enpugh at him to engage so he can take the fight to the ground. He found out after fighting Masato that it wont work well in k-1.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    11/12/2006 11:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    Hey KidS youve seen the Genki Sudo v Masato fight right? I found that fight very amusing. If you havent here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7raYDnSzK28

great fight
    One thing I've noted about Masato is that he seems to take a bit to adjust to unique fighting styles. Guys like Yilmaz and Jadamba who he definitely outskills, threw him off a bit in his fights against them, even Morkeviscious' wild fighting style took him by surprise. In a 5 round match, I imagine these guys would all get completely smoked by Masato, but in the 3x3 round match they hold their own long enough with him to gain some noteriety "yeah, so and so hung with Masato and really gave him trouble!"

EDIT: and as far as Genki Sudo goes, he got smoked by Kohiruimaki and just about KO'd by Ian Schaffa... his kickboxing really isn't up to K-1 calibre.
    Last edited by Torakaka; 11/12/2006 11:09pm at .
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    11/12/2006 11:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im not sure if it was the case , but masato seemed a bit hesitant to throw in his fight with Genki even though all Genki was doin was dancing around the ring doing spinning back fists and some occasional kicks.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    11/12/2006 11:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im not sure if it was the case , but masato seemed a bit hesitant to throw in his fight with Genki even though all Genki was doin was dancing around the ring doing spinning back fists and some occasional kicks.
    Kohiruimaki made Genki pay for dancing around like a doofus instead of defending those leg kicks by TKOing him in their fight. I think Masato was just loosing his head a bit in that fight.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    11/12/2006 11:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    didnt masato beat Kohiruimaki on 3 seperate occasions?

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    11/12/2006 11:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    didnt masato beat Kohiruimaki on 3 seperate occasions?
    Yeah, Kohi did alright for most of their last fight, but didn't really have the constitution to keep up his aggression that was working out so well for him in the first round and a half and Masato's combinations overwhelmed him. He has a lot of skill, but doesn't quite seem to have the heart to stick it out with the top guys in K-1. Kohi did TKO Masato in their first fight I believe.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 1:24am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    part of that is because they really fed kohi to the wolves when he started out. he was a big star as an amateur and when he started fighting pro he was the next big thing. unfortunately all of his first opponents were simply in a grade above him and he lost a few fights which i think fucked with his confidence. you can see it in his fights, when he starts losing he often just gives up. which sucks because he really could be an impressive fighter, if he werent so tempremental.

masato is a bit of a slow learner in the ring, but goddamn if he isnt the toughest sonofabitch in k-1. show me any other fighter who would have kept on trucking in that fight with buakaw.

edit- actually the toughest fighter i know is Jason Suttie. this guy had a motorbike accident about 4 weeks before the final k-1 oceania tournament. he turns up fucking covered in bandages and basically limps into the ring, beats the everlasting **** out of his first two opponents, then gets KOed by slowinski.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-m75MAxmf4

at about 1:10 into that is a fight he took the day after his dog died. might seem weird but jason loved that dog, he has a huge painting of her in his gym. i think that he would have knocked out any k-1 fighter they put in front of him for that fight, he was one angry angry samoan
    Last edited by alex; 11/13/2006 1:35am at .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123