Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 9:20pm

Style: Muay Thai, RBSD Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    Your commentary has no validity for the US Army. They are looking for many different jobs, not only gunners (I'm training to be a linguist, for instance). We just all have the same curriculum for BCT.

US Army Combatives are based upon BJJ and theoretically, could be very good. They just aren't because policies aren't in place to let them be. PT should include mandatory combatives training a minimum of two days a week. If they were taught properly, there wouldn't be anymore injuries than your regularly scheduled programming causes.
    That is indeed an unfortunate mistake on your military, in that they train only for trainings sake, and not for improved H2H effectiveness. Priorities are once again in the wrong areas. I agree with the notion of two days a week. Though there are various positions within the military, the aim is soldier first - specialty second, (my opinion..?) so allowing low quality and quantity of BCT is damaging to a persons effectiveness to cope under worst case scenarios involving face to face contact.

At least you have prior and continued experience elsewhere, if push comes to shove.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 9:24pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread sucks because there have been dozens exactly like it.

Please stop spawning **** threads forearmed. Use the fucking search function and if you feel like you have something CONSTRUCTIVE to add, revive an existing thread.

A public service message brought to you by people who understand the way forums work.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 9:28pm

Style: TSD-MDK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's hope it sinks in . . . wouldn't bet on it, though

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 9:37pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Severe
    That is indeed an unfortunate mistake on your military, in that they train only for trainings sake, and not for improved H2H effectiveness. Priorities are once again in the wrong areas. I agree with the notion of two days a week. Though there are various positions within the military, the aim is soldier first - specialty second, (my opinion..?) so allowing low quality and quantity of BCT is damaging to a persons effectiveness to cope under worst case scenarios involving face to face contact.

At least you have prior and continued experience elsewhere, if push comes to shove.
    Infantry first, biotch. That's a tradition the Army and Marine Corps are proud of, and one I think needs to remain.

Combatives aren't a thing that can be taught to any great extent during BCT. Despite my misgivings about how we were treated (too well, in my opinion), there were more important things to teach. Combatives can come later, as long as you're willing to look.

I'm here to explain that Combatives are only as good as you make them, not to discuss military training tactics. I'm glad you seem to think you have a great handle on how we do things. Good for you.

This thread sucks
    Agreed.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 9:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate/ Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp

Please stop spawning **** threads forearmed. Use the fucking search function and if you feel like you have something CONSTRUCTIVE to add, revive an existing thread.

A public service message brought to you by people who understand the way forums work.
    Your request is noted.

A public service message brought to you by a person that doesn't understand the way forums work and does not shy from admitting the truth.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 10:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp

The search function is just for pussies who are too afraid to drop their nuts on the board and start a new thread. I find starting my own thread to be much like a dog marking a tree out in the yard.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 10:09pm

Style: TSD-MDK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bet you didn't post 3 bullshit threads your 2nd day as a member . . .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 10:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate/ Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Karate
    Feel free to argue about this stupid crap to your heart's content. Meanwhile, the meaningful discussion will be in the "Bullshido" forum. - quote from Phrost

any questions?

(edit) I have posted in the official comedy/crap forum and the noobietown forum. justify your objections. no unfriendliness intended. (end edit)

(edit 2) This could become a very, very long and drawn out thread if you want to keep posting under it (end edit 2)
    Last edited by forearmed; 10/27/2006 10:36pm at .

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 10:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Karate
    Guess again. My first post ever on here was me starting a thread (where I thought I'd get a warm welcome) about what I felt was a well thought out article I wrote on "street" fighting vs "sport" fighting. This was when I was just beginning to question the "deadliness" dogma of my Kempo training, and thought I had all the answers due to my newfound objectivity. Take a wild guess how that discussion turned out ;)
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234