Manhattan Beach, California, United States

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 5:27pm

Style: Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mc Dojo MMA

Mcdojo producers NAPMA have come out with a new add on program
    NAPMA President Rob Colasanti is pleased to announce that the first installment of NAPMA's new Edge Mixed Martial Arts Program appears in the November package. The program is free to all NAPMA members and will include a series of 12 NAPMA Innovations DVD segments and matching Black Belt Teaching Mini-Reports from Terry Riggs, NAPMA member and MMA school owner. Mark Graden, NAPMA's director of martial arts curriculum, originated the concept for the Edge MMA program, and is spearheading the project to bring the curriculum to the NAPMA membership.

Colasanti emphasized that the Edge MMA Program is an "added-value" member benefit; it does not replace any content in the Professional Package. NAPMA members receive it exclusively at no additional charge just as members were given EZ-Defense, Cardio-Karate, Little Ninjas and other programs in the past.

"I want to remind all NAPMA members that NAPMA is not a franchise system or licensing company, but an information provider. You can use the Edge MMA Program in whatever form fits your school's current curriculum," added Colasanti. "If you don't like it, then don't use it. It costs you nothing.

"NAPMA has been successful and so has many of its members because we always strive to provide curriculum materials that are very flexible and can be integrated into a broad range of arts, styles and schools. The Edge MMA Program can enhance your regular classes as well as your upgrade programs, such as Black Belt Club, Master's Club and beyond. The MMA program can also be a standalone profit generator.
    More info
    Yor knew it was coming.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 6:20pm

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How long before the ATA jumps all over this?

"We have an XMA program. It's full of fun martial arts-based acrobatics that you can use to impress girls and skinny myspace teenagers. And if you don't like that, we have an MMA program to teach you to fight like in the UFC. Chicks dig scars."

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 6:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ATA probably wont. They think MMA is beneath them.

I could be wrong because two TKD schools in my area have added MMA to their curriculum.
    BTW...their MMA teachers? Have NO ground training, TKD training only.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 7:37pm

Style: BJK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here in lays the real problem with Martial Arts today

N oxiously
    A dvertised (&)
    P asturised
    M artial
    A rts

When i rang up to ask about NAPMA all the guy could tell me was he ownes 11 houses all thanks to martial arts and he also said and i quote " You've only got them for 2 years get as much money as you can out of them"

Fucker !

Lower than a snakes belly
    Last edited by Deadbolt; 10/27/2006 7:41pm at .

Registered Member

Manhattan Beach, California, United States

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 8:11pm

Style: Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    From my earlier quote:

Quote Originally Posted by shinbushi
    "If you don't like it, then don't use it. It costs you nothing.

"NAPMA has been successful and so has many of its members because we always strive to provide curriculum materials that are very flexible and can be integrated into a broad range of arts, styles and schools. The Edge MMA Program can enhance your regular classes as well as your upgrade programs, such as Black Belt Club, Master's Club and beyond. The MMA program can also be a standalone profit generator.
    Meaning you may not like it but it will rake you in $$$

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 10:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I could be wrong because two TKD schools in my area have added MMA to their curriculum.
    I have a friend who took TKD. Last time we fought was a few years ago when it was strictly brown belt Kempo vs orange belt TKD. Now his school has added an MMA program and brought in I think a BJJ purple to help run it. The TKD has become a bit sidelined and is more geared for the kiddies, while they appeal to the adults with the MMA.

Last I spoke to him he wants to come down to one of my throwdowns with a few of his guys and see what's up now 4 years later }:-)
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    10/28/2006 7:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    I have a friend who took TKD. Last time we fought was a few years ago when it was strictly brown belt Kempo vs orange belt TKD. Now his school has added an MMA program and brought in I think a BJJ purple to help run it. The TKD has become a bit sidelined and is more geared for the kiddies, while they appeal to the adults with the MMA.

Last I spoke to him he wants to come down to one of my throwdowns with a few of his guys and see what's up now 4 years later }:-)
    I think its great that they actually brought in someone with some ground skills. My point was that around here the TKD schools that teach MMA only have TKD guys teaching it. They arent MMA teachers..they are TKD teachers.

Of ocurse you may have already gotten this point and I am being an ass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2006 10:19am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have to learn at least two martial arts first before you start mixing. MMA is a useless combination of letters and there should be a new word for the idea it is meant to express.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2006 10:23am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They probably just want to teach how to use Tae Kwon Do techniques against other styles which is not a bad thing at all, in fact it is better than learning to fight against only kicks and punches. But still not MMA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2006 10:28am

Style: Aikido Ceteris Paribus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do you need a BJJ guy to reinforce TKD? Surely any mix will do for the loose box of tricks called MMA:

Or do these MMA guys now only allow certain MA or techs in the mix?

It's a funny world. Maybe it's time to invent a new string of letters:

MAHATMA: 'Martial Art Hating All Traditional Martial Arts'

OR

MAMA: Martial Arts Meaninglessly Aggregated or Money Acquisition Martial Arts.

I'm going off to take another of my pills - the Doc said I mustn't go on the internet without Lithium, but I couldn't find her so I gues I'll take the usual Mixed Medication for Anger. ;)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast