221987 Bullies, 4066 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 14
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. mathijs is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4

    Posted On:
    10/27/2006 11:23am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Bring Bas Rutten back to Pride FC!

    I registered a while a go to just read the forums. I don't really like to participate into the discussion. Today i found a petition on another board that i think is worth the shot of a first post.

    The mayority of the Pride FC fans mis Bas Rutten behind the mic and most want him back in the old seat!

    Therefore a petition is created:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/mmapride/
    What you can do
    1. Sign it!
    2. Spread the word, post it on other forums, weblogs, sites, etc!
    3. Post in this thread so it will be at the top for a while. We need a lot signatures.

    Links
    Bullshido will be linked from the petitionpage. Ofcoarse you're link will be added as well if you post it on another forum or website. Just name the link here.

    Petition Statement
    English is not my native language therefore the petition is kind of short. If you have a better text for it just post it here and i'll update the petition.

    Signatures
    To see all signatures so far click here
    To mail your friends click here
    Don't forget to unclick the keep up to date button so you don't get any emails from the petition site. You won't receive any spam or anything like that.

    Vote
    Last edited by mathijs; 10/27/2006 11:28am at .
  2. pauli is offline

    i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    herndon, va, usa
    Posts
    3,521

    Posted On:
    10/27/2006 11:28am

    supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so are you calling bullshido on pride, or bas rutten?
  3. mathijs is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4

    Posted On:
    10/27/2006 11:29am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bas Rutten back on Pride. Iam sure Bullshido visitors agree Bas should come back to Pride to entertain the viewers with his comments :)
  4. Teh El Macho is offline
    Teh El Macho's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,762

    Posted On:
    10/27/2006 11:33am

    supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I like Bas, but I seriously doubt an initiative like this could even possible have an effect.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
  5. datdamnmachine is offline
    datdamnmachine's Avatar

    Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,721

    Posted On:
    10/27/2006 11:59am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mathijs
    I registered a while a go to just read the forums. I don't really like to participate into the discussion. Today i found a petition on another board that i think is worth the shot of a first post.

    The mayority of the Pride FC fans mis Bas Rutten behind the mic and most want him back in the old seat!

    Therefore a petition is created:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/mmapride/
    What you can do
    1. Sign it!
    2. Spread the word, post it on other forums, weblogs, sites, etc!
    3. Post in this thread so it will be at the top for a while. We need a lot signatures.

    Links
    Bullshido will be linked from the petitionpage. Ofcoarse you're link will be added as well if you post it on another forum or website. Just name the link here.

    Petition Statement
    English is not my native language therefore the petition is kind of short. If you have a better text for it just post it here and i'll update the petition.

    Signatures
    To see all signatures so far click here
    To mail your friends click here
    Don't forget to unclick the keep up to date button so you don't get any emails from the petition site. You won't receive any spam or anything like that.

    Vote
    You will probably get a bunch of hell for posting this in the wrong forum. Needless to say, Bas going back to Pride has much more to do with him then with Pride themselves. The fact is, with him thinking of a comeback(he had injuries in his last fight in the WFA that he needs to take care of), coaching the IFL which will have a full out season in 2007, running the Legends gym with Randy Couture, and possible acting gigs not to mention family obligations pretty much make that improbably. Not impossible but improbable. Remember, when he was working for Pride, he didn't have the gym, the coaching job, or training for his own fights to deal with.
  6. mathijs is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4

    Posted On:
    10/27/2006 12:26pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Yeah I like Bas, but I seriously doubt an initiative like this could even possible have an effect.
    I agree but it's always worth a shot. It has been posted on three forums so far, so perhaps it get's a lot of signatures.
  7. mathijs is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4

    Posted On:
    10/27/2006 12:29pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine
    You will probably get a bunch of hell for posting this in the wrong forum. Needless to say, Bas going back to Pride has much more to do with him then with Pride themselves. The fact is, with him thinking of a comeback(he had injuries in his last fight in the WFA that he needs to take care of), coaching the IFL which will have a full out season in 2007, running the Legends gym with Randy Couture, and possible acting gigs not to mention family obligations pretty much make that improbably. Not impossible but improbable. Remember, when he was working for Pride, he didn't have the gym, the coaching job, or training for his own fights to deal with.
    I probably will, iam sorry about that. If i a mod could replace it that would be great!

    Iam btw not talking about fighting, just commenting. I know he has a very busy schedule now and if iam correct he also said he wants to spend more time with his family. But if Pride wants him back and gets a foot on the ground in the USA, he can do those shows for example. That's like 1 day of work every two or three months.
  8. Teh El Macho is offline
    Teh El Macho's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,762

    Posted On:
    10/27/2006 12:50pm

    supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mathijs
    I probably will, iam sorry about that. If i a mod could replace it that would be great!

    Iam btw not talking about fighting, just commenting. I know he has a very busy schedule now and if iam correct he also said he wants to spend more time with his family. But if Pride wants him back and gets a foot on the ground in the USA, he can do those shows for example. That's like 1 day of work every two or three months.
    Dude, do you realize how hard it is to schedule a 1 day of traveling work in a month, specially when you have so many things going on, family included.

    I'm going to Atlanta for a seminar on Nov 3. I only have one job, a focused one, and I have no family that depends on me. And even then I'm going bananas trying to make time for it, making reservations, making sure I finish all my pending job tasks on time, finding somebody to cover me at work while I'm out, plus scheduling the guy who does home repair jobs for my family to come to fix my tiling while I'm out. And I'm just a fucking single guy with nothing else but job, gym, and a weekly family on my schedule. Things are never that simple.

    I'm pretty sure Bas, with so many obligations (coaching, running a gym, exploring acting gigs) plus family obligations, he is not going to find it easy to be traveling... and being a sports comentator is not a 1-day-a-month gig, dude. He has to do his homework. He can't just show up with a tie and talk off his ass, however jovial and comical his style may be. It has to be at least 3 days for traveling alone, excluding time during the month to schedule and prepare for these things, even with a secretary.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
  9. Phrost is offline
    Phrost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,120

    Posted On:
    10/27/2006 1:03pm

    Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrong forum.
  10. AAAhmed46 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Posts
    1,996

    Posted On:
    10/27/2006 2:24pm


     Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like Bas rutten alot, especially since he's one of the few 'classic'' fighters that stays updated...

    But isn't he too old?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.