Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 12:12pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lodi, NJ - Team Endgame Combat Sports Academy

I started training with Eddy Rolon's Team Endgame late in 2002. I am currently one of the assistant grappling instructors.

Eddy started out with a strong base in BJJ under fifth degree Carlson Gracie blackbelt Edson Carvalho. He's been competing NHB in NJ since 1997.

The school is huge; the entire second floor of a building that used to be a printing company. There's a daycare room for kids whose parents are training, a lounge where friends can hang out waiting for you to get done classes (with TV and internet-abled computer), locker room, showers, etc. It's a well-run and clean gym.

We try to foster a competitive team atmosphere. No one is forced to compete, but everyone is expected to be a good sparring and drilling partner for those who do, and those who compete will always receive extra attention and preparation to ensure that they're ready and fully able to do their best.
    Attached Images  

Pingo

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 3:38pm

Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ARGH. I live in Bergen County, I definitely would have signed up if I had known about this place. And now I'm stuck in college....blah. I'll definitely be around first opportunity I get though, which may be this winter break. Looks like a great place.

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 1:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Minor update - we now have a cage.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 9:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reviews really need a Logo Awesomeness field so this place can have an 11.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2009 5:28pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually went to go visit the school today. I had a horrible first impression. I tried contacting them via the e-mail that they have on their website and did not get a response so I googled them and found that they had a myspace. I sent them a message and got a response the next day.

I asked if I could come down and bring a few of my friends to check the school out. I was told I could go anytime from 3pm to 10pm Mon-Fri. I got there at 3:30 and the door was locked. I knocked on the door and someone came out.

I began to introduce myself and state my business there and the person just turned around, walked away, stopped then told me to come in. I told the guy I was interested in the school and spoke to someone on their myspace page.

He looks at me and says "Myspace!?"

I said "Yes, and I was told I could come down from 3-10"

He said "We open at 5pm I don't know who would tell you to come at 3 but I can show you the gym"

He asks us our age and we answered "21,23,25"

The gym was decent size but the equipment was all over the place. Granted it was only 3:30 so I'm sure (hope) they clean up before the gym opens. The gym did also have an unpleasant odor.

He asked me if I had any questions but I was still surprised by his horrible attitude. One of my friends didn't want to deal with it and just walked out. My other friend asked a few questions. I myself just asked how old would one have to be to join.

His response "14..any younger than that and we won't accept them because kids don't listen"

I went to check their myspace again and I found the guy on the friends list section. I checked out his myspace and yeah I can see I didn't catch him at a bad time and he's probably just an asshole all the time.

On his About Me this is what is said

" I will say this I do enjoy watching other fail it gives me a hell of a rush"

If this is the kind of elitist asshole attitude is shared throughout the school then good luck to you endgame in attracting more students.

I had at the very least 10 people who were willing to sign up as soon as I left the school and I had 6-8 others who were going to sign up the following month.

All were willing to pay the platinum package which was about $1,400 for the year. Too bad I guess. Let me see that's $23,000 down the drain because you let this guy represent your school.

For further proof that this guy is just an idiot and gives mma fighters a bad name here is the url to his myspace page.

www.myspace.com/thesupercreep

Posted On:
    2/03/2009 6:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please note that I no longer train at Endgame and haven't for a couple years, so my review is reflective of the way it was when I was there, not necessarily now.

That said, if you're willing to base your entire judgement on a school on a five minute interaction with one guy when the school isn't even open, I don't imagine you're going to have a lot of luck making informed decisions about where to train.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2009 12:52am

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've checked the websites, read about the school on various websites and asked around at the school I'm currently enrolled in. How I wish the school was the way it was reviewed on this website. I would've walked out the minute he walked away from me and gave me attitude but I wanted to come to this school so bad.

Being that he was there before the gym was open it gives me the impression that he's one of the instructors or the higher ups. I truthfully tried looking passed his attitude but I couldn't look passed the condition of the gym.

I'm going there again when the school is actually open but being that the two people that I came with were disgusted by their first impression that school lost a lot of potential business. Only reason why I'm going there again is because of all the various types of training they offer.

I'm sure Eddy runs a respectable school but I don't see myself getting into a one year contract with instructors like that or a school that permits this kind of behavior especially in their staff.

Posted On:
    7/03/2011 7:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ur not signing up for a cooking class!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboardsamurai View Post
    I actually went to go visit the school today. I had a horrible first impression. I tried contacting them via the e-mail that they have on their website and did not get a response so I googled them and found that they had a myspace. I sent them a message and got a response the next day.

I asked if I could come down and bring a few of my friends to check the school out. I was told I could go anytime from 3pm to 10pm Mon-Fri. I got there at 3:30 and the door was locked. I knocked on the door and someone came out.

I began to introduce myself and state my business there and the person just turned around, walked away, stopped then told me to come in. I told the guy I was interested in the school and spoke to someone on their myspace page.

He looks at me and says "Myspace!?"

I said "Yes, and I was told I could come down from 3-10"

He said "We open at 5pm I don't know who would tell you to come at 3 but I can show you the gym"

He asks us our age and we answered "21,23,25"

The gym was decent size but the equipment was all over the place. Granted it was only 3:30 so I'm sure (hope) they clean up before the gym opens. The gym did also have an unpleasant odor.

He asked me if I had any questions but I was still surprised by his horrible attitude. One of my friends didn't want to deal with it and just walked out. My other friend asked a few questions. I myself just asked how old would one have to be to join.

His response "14..any younger than that and we won't accept them because kids don't listen"

I went to check their myspace again and I found the guy on the friends list section. I checked out his myspace and yeah I can see I didn't catch him at a bad time and he's probably just an asshole all the time.

On his About Me this is what is said

" I will say this I do enjoy watching other fail it gives me a hell of a rush"

If this is the kind of elitist asshole attitude is shared throughout the school then good luck to you endgame in attracting more students.

I had at the very least 10 people who were willing to sign up as soon as I left the school and I had 6-8 others who were going to sign up the following month.

All were willing to pay the platinum package which was about $1,400 for the year. Too bad I guess. Let me see that's $23,000 down the drain because you let this guy represent your school.

For further proof that this guy is just an idiot and gives mma fighters a bad name here is the url to his myspace page.

www.myspace.com/thesupercreep

Ok so first of all your looking to train in fighting not a cooking class!! Fighters can seem a little rough around the edges its our nature. Second of all I train with your "creep" at least once a week in NY. His name is Tom an not only is he totally respectful he has some of the sickess combos around!!! This is totally your loss for everyone reading his post dont believe the BS! If you want to learn great technique I know Tom can provide this and as I train in Garcia Muay Thai in ny with Ajarn Garcia and Tom I look forward to do some training in the future out in Jersey with the entire Endgame team as well!!

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 12:56pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swortman View Post
    Ok so first of all your looking to train in fighting not a cooking class!! Fighters can seem a little rough around the edges its our nature. Second of all I train with your "creep" at least once a week in NY. His name is Tom an not only is he totally respectful he has some of the sickess combos around!!! This is totally your loss for everyone reading his post dont believe the BS! If you want to learn great technique I know Tom can provide this and as I train in Garcia Muay Thai in ny with Ajarn Garcia and Tom I look forward to do some training in the future out in Jersey with the entire Endgame team as well!!
    First of all, you're responding to a post someone made well over 2 years ago. They have moved on from bullshido so basically you're talking to an empty space.

Second of all, while I agree that his judgement was a little hasty, he was also a prospective student/consumer. Why wouldn't the instructor try to put his best foot forward. The argument that he's a fighter and that fighters are "a lttle rough" is bullshit. There are plenty of fighters who also coach out there that can be polite, courteous and respectful to the people that sustain their business. Also the fact that the school had a completely autonomous myspace page making promises doesn't speak well to their organization.

Regardless of how good the training might be, consumers have the right to be treated with respect.

Also, since you shamelessly plugged your muay thai place, why dont you do a school review for them as well(on a seperate thread) and make a Newbietown thread detailing your training, fight history, interests, etc.

Welcome to bullshido.

Posted On:
    8/10/2011 2:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dropped in at least twice to look at Endgame. Yes , its rough around the edges but it looks the way a real gym should look. Both times all my questions were answered in a polite, professional manner. It's definately worth a look to anyone in Bergen County NJ looking to train serious MMA.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast