Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2011 7:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MANTIS KUNG FU, JUI JITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, almost forgot. 12 years of funnel cake eating? maybe competitive flatulence?

Posted On:
    9/27/2011 3:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wah Lum Kung Fu / MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just checked back in to Bullshido after having been away for a while and when I checked this post there seems to be a post war about ratings taking up over half of the thread. Why is this off-topic commentary allowed if this is supposed to be a review of the school? Shouldn't this argument be redirected to a thread dedicated to the ratings system? I am just asking because having a member and forum leader arguing (to the point of personal attacks) is not only disrespectful of the school but also reflects poorly on this website as a whole.

Posted On:
    9/27/2011 3:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is kind of silly to have people review their own schools, since people who are enjoying their school will nearly always inflate the grades and those who had a bad experience will lower the scores according to their bias. But the method of correction is just these discussions. Why should the ratings system be interrogated; it's pretty straightforward.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a review of a CMA school that seems on target, as opposed to puffed up: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109231

It's certainly possible for reviewers to do an accurate job. Most just refuse to, and they get what they get for it.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/27/2011 3:59pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RountreeUSMC View Post
    I just checked back in to Bullshido after having been away for a while and when I checked this post there seems to be a post war about ratings taking up over half of the thread. Why is this off-topic commentary allowed if this is supposed to be a review of the school? Shouldn't this argument be redirected to a thread dedicated to the ratings system? I am just asking because having a member and forum leader arguing (to the point of personal attacks) is not only disrespectful of the school but also reflects poorly on this website as a whole.
    People argue here, often vehemently. It's something that naturally occurs when disparate groups of people come together to discuss martial arts in a relatively unfettered debate environment.

Also, please stop abusing the "Report bad post" button. It is sufficient to report one post and mention in it the other posts in the same thread that you find offensive. However, "fighting" is not a valid reason to report a post on this website. NSFW material or spam, yes. People disagreeing? No.

Posted On:
    9/27/2011 4:03pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RountreeUSMC stop spam reporting posts in this thread for 'fighting.'
    I don't see how the discussion on the ratings system is irrelevant here. We wouldn't take a discussion about how this school fits in the ratings guideline to another thread would we?

Edit: Heh jnp posted while I ran off to a meeting.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 4:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Also, please stop abusing the "Report bad post" button. It is sufficient to report one post and mention in it the other posts in the same thread that you find offensive. However, "fighting" is not a valid reason to report a post on this website. NSFW material or spam, yes. People disagreeing? No.
    If fighting is not a sufficient reason for reporting a post then I HIGHLY recommend you change the criteria listed in your Report Post instructions!

It reads (verbatim):
    Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.
    I took that to mean the Bullshido was a site where people were expected to respect one another without problematic posts that Bullshido defined as "...harassment, fighing, or rude." I chose to do the responsible thing and bring these posts (which actually meet all three criteria for "problematic") to the administration's attention as they were not in keeping with what Bullshido said were appropriate for this site. Obviously, I was mistaken and/or misled.

I can understand a few posts about ratings being relevant but when half of the school's review section is people debasing one another with personal attacks then I do not see how that is relevant or beneficial to the review of a martial arts school. Neither do I see how that reflects well on the Bullshido community as a whole.
    Last edited by RountreeUSMC; 9/30/2011 4:25pm at . Reason: Format and grammar

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 5:09pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why does EVERY Butt-Hurt Poster whine about "the Bullshido Community as a whole" blah blah blah blah blah blah?

Even supporting members, investigators, longtime posters and noobs say It reflects badly. So what?
    People still come here and say wow thanks.
    People come people go no one is ever completely happy.
    You aren't the first, nor will you be the last to complain about the Bullshido attitude and the whole reflect blah blah blah community blah blah blah.

If you don't like it don't read it. Google bullshido and you'll see more complaints than cheers. It hasn't shut the website down yet.

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 5:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Even supporting members, investigators, longtime posters and noobs say It reflects badly. So what? ... Google bullshido and you'll see more complaints than cheers.
    I am not going to get sucked into a fight with you Fake; especially not on my school's review. However, I will say it is rather telling that you are proud of a bad reputation.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/30/2011 5:42pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RountreeUSMC View Post
    I am not going to get sucked into a fight with you Fake; especially not on my school's review.
    Is this a lie?
    However, I will say it is rather telling that you are proud of a bad reputation.
    Yep, you lied.
    No, I am rather proud of the fact you just contradicted yourself. Proud?
    Don't mix your feelings for a former school with my post. I could careless about how people perceive bullshido. I know it is hard to read with all that dust in Yuma.

All I care is that some people are helped, some frauds are outed and the butt-hurt posters whining is an added bonus.

Posted On:
    3/21/2013 4:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: 7-Star Preying Mantis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Si Gung Fogg is awesome but he was trained by Master Chan Poi AT THE WAH LUM TEMPLE so why would u say "for better Wah Lum try him"?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345