Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2006 2:46pm

Style: 유도 (Judo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack
    I'm actually starting kickboxing/boxing classes there on monday, so I'll have to report back to you in a week or so.

I've visited the gym a few times, and talked with some instructors and students. They have nothing but praises. It's really low profile, but good training. Ppl who want to train excel. Filardo has an impressive background, and from what I'm told the arnis background translates well into the boxing/kickboxing training. While talking with Filardo, I got the impression that he would be a pretty serious trainer. He wasn't trying to push or sell anything, which was refreshing. You should try it out one night. It's 20 bucks to attend a class, i think there are classes m/w/f /sa.
    I didn't get a chance to go Friday, I ended going out with my girlfriend instead:toothy10: . I am probably gonna head there Monday night.

You said you have been there a few times before, do they do alot of pad work and stuff? What kind of drills did they do?

And somebody please remind me what TSD stand for?

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    10/28/2006 4:06pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tang Soo Do.

Korean art. Chuck Norris' primary style. :P

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2006 2:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: various

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so did you go if so, how was it? what would you guys say is the best among bjj and striking schools around long island. im having a tough time finding a decent place. so if you can get back to me it would be appreciated.

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    11/21/2006 3:27am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ummm, my instructor was at Battle Of Brooklyn. He won the grapling tourny. He also took the 5 year and up advanced division at NAGA despite his only 3 years of BJJ.

Im moving soon out west and Ill be heading to Bellmore Kickboxing most likely. They have alot of fighters and send people to Top Kicks at Sports Plus.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2006 12:30pm

Style: 유도 (Judo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About where do you live (what exit off the LIE)?

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    11/21/2006 12:38pm

TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right now Im in Holbrook, 61 off the LIE. If I go to Bellmore Kickboxing Ill be living in Massapequa Park which is in Nassau.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2006 12:43pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im off southern state exit 33. a friend of mine was saying he heard of a good school in massepequa on broadway any idea what it is?

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    11/21/2006 1:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    Right now Im in Holbrook, 61 off the LIE. If I go to Bellmore Kickboxing Ill be living in Massapequa Park which is in Nassau.
    I think Bellmore does American kickboxing. The only Muay Thai place I know of that's even remotely close is:
    http://www.extrememuaythai.com, he is in Valley Stream.
    I know someone who trains there and he loves it.
    Last edited by ojgsxr6; 11/21/2006 2:01pm at .

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    11/21/2006 3:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont know where that is in relation to where Ill be. If its close to Massapequa Park then maybe Ill look at it. I dont want to be driving too long to go somewhere.

Plus Bellmore Kickboxing has alot of fighters competing there. Joe D'Arce (D'Arce BJJ), Tom Campbell (Campbell Kickboxing & Karate), Tom Ingargiola (Shoalin Self Defense Centers) just to name a few. Also, the gym is cheap and open all day. Its a real gym, go when you want, not just classes.

Not to derail, but I also need a BJJ place. My instructor told me Soca was over there. Either that or is there any MMA places? Im gonna make some calls tonight and maybe watch some classes. Ill keep you guys updated.

EDIT : I really hate leaving vamos jiujitsu because I realy think that school has so much potential as a BJJ place. Plus, I think it will have a great MMA program once it gets started. Im still gonna drop by there once or twice a month.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2006 4:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well if you would please keep me informed. im pulling my hair out looking for a good place to train preferably in the morning 10-1pm before work. its tough to find places on the south shore nassau/suffolk border where i currently reside. basically looking for the same thing bjj or muay thai a mix of both preffered.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast