punch-drunk

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 2:39pm

supporting member
     Style: SanDa / MMA / Kung-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

REDLINE Fight Sports - Boston/Cambridge

REDLINE Fight Sports is a full-service training facility specialized at coaching fighters for MMA, BJJ, Kickboxing, Boxing, Wrestling as well as Kung-Fu. We have a state-of-the-art gym open 7 days a week, all day & most evenings until 10pm and offer over 40 classes per week. We feel we have the best value per level of facility and instruction in the region. Featuring over 5000 square feet of training area conveniently located in the heart of the Boston Metro Area, we are just steps from the Central Square Cambridge Red Line subway T stop.

The REDLINE program utilizes coaches from a mixture of disciplines that make up modern sport fighting. The MMA program is headed by Coach Paul 'Lefty' Rosado. SanDa Kickboxing program is led by champion fighters Marvin Perry and Josh Bartholomew. Coach Lyle Lashley teaches the boxing component and trains his fighters for various local and national boxing competitions. We are an official USA Boxing certified gym. Coach David Ginsberg runs the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu program.

Our original core program of SanDa / San Shou was developed as a training format by the Chinese Military over the course of the last century. The sportive component directly evolved from the Chinese military using 'live' full-contact format to train their soldiers in close quarter combat. Coach Jason Yee was the first American to compete and win a medal (bronze) in International San Shou. REDLINE is one of the few real-deal SanDa gyms in the U.S. We not only train fighters for San Shou and SanDa, but also to compete and win in American Full-Contact, International Leg-Kick, and Muay Thai. In fact we have a solid winning record against Muay Thai under Muay Thai rules.

REDLINE Fight Sports has produced many successful fighters over the years. We have fighters who compete in MMA, Kickboxing, Boxing and Submission Grappling events. REDLINE Coaches have collectively produced many fighting champions such as Marvin Perry, Josh Bartholomew, Rudi Ott, Albert Pope, Mike Norman, Al Lorieux, Susie Paschkewitz, Will Preap, Sonia Mejia and Kalvin Rodriquez. Here are some titles won by fighters from our gym: Over 15 New England Golden Gloves Champions USKBA Pro Muay Thai Heavyweight National Champion IKF Pro San Shou Heavyweight National Champion USKBA North East Pro Full Contact Kickboxing Champion USKBA New England Pro Full Contact Kickboxing Champion USAWKF East Coast Pro San Shou National Champion USAWKF West Coast Pro San Shou National Champion International Chinese Martial Arts San Shou Champion Art of War Pro SanDa Heavyweight Champion Art of War - Gold Medallists King of SanDa USA - Gold Medallists Cung Le's Born 2 Fight Event - Men's Advanced Division Gold Medallist Multiple USAWKF San Shou National Championship Titles 2 Silver Medals, 3 Bronze Medals in World San-Shou Championships Battle of Brooklyn-'SanDa vs Muay Thai Clash'; Champion SanDa Team

We have regular Fight Nite Events at our gym, featuring fighters from all over the region. Check out REDLINE website for upcoming Fight Nite's feature matches in MMA, SanDa Kickboxing, Muay Thai and Boxing.

Check out our REDLINE Fight Sports Blog & follow us on Twitter @_REDLINE_

Also check out our reviews on Yelp, these are from real customers not just friends or staff.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 10/06/2010 2:13pm at . Reason: We have a huge all new dedicated fight training facility & have added expert MMA and Boxing coaches.

Posted On:
    10/29/2006 11:52pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While Arbiter summed up most of the Gym's qualities I think it's also important to note that a semi-formal MMA class sprouted from the Jujitsu practitioners that crosstrain at Boston Sanda.

The classes have since become formal and include instruction in takedowns, throws, clinchwork, submissions, and competitive MMA fighting in general.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 1:50am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Arbiter is an idiot, but this is a very well done review. Thank you Dim Mak for adding in your comments.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 11:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aw come on Anthony, just admit that you have a man-crush on me that confuses you and causes your misdirected anguish.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 11:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like Arbiter, even if he does list his style as "kung fu".
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 12:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    I like Arbiter, even if he does list his style as "kung fu".
    It makes for some good trolling at times around here, Kid.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 12:40pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whaaaa, Marvin Perry gave me a black eye.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 9:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Marvin Perry kicked my black eyed girlfriend in the head >:(
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    10/17/2009 6:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Justification for my Review / Edits

Please note that the review of this in my sig show more 9's and 10's than I would probably have given (although place is damn good), but since my original review several years ago the program has more than tripled in facility and program size to where we now have over 5000 sq ft in the middle of the city, which is huge for a metro location fight gym. Its not a regular watered down treadmill factory gym that happens to have some MMA classes, but is a dedicated fight training only catering to fighters.

We now have Lefty as our full-time head MMA coach instead of just once a week. He and all his trainers & fighters are now located at REDLINE. We also have a boxing program and trainers as well, headed up by Lyle Lashely. Lyle has been producing Golden Gloves fighters for years, and specializes in training striking for kickboxing and MMA fighters, including Kenny Florian and others.

So although I'm not really claiming its all 10's (probably no place is), I had to average up from my old review, and it had to be a high number to get it any where near what is at now, especially since we now have 3x the space and way more grappling and MMA than before, let alone a boxing program. To put it in perspective, we've got Marvin, who won pretty much every title belt he could fight for in kickboxing and who the K1 organizers tried to recruit for years (he would have been very competitive in K1), we have Lefty who has been getting fighters UFC contracts and who GSP has wanted to fly up to Montreal to help train him, and Lyle who has trained all kinds of MMA peeps and produced over 15 national level Golden Gloves champs.

Sorry I do realize that all this promotional stuff can get annoying but it is legitimate and I wanted to update the obsolete reviews and let everyone know what we've got going on here now in Cambridge. Please don't just post some intuition-based internet review to mess with the numbers until you've actually seen the space and all the stuff we've got here. Come by, check us out and post up a review so can get some fresh outside opinions. Check out the REDLINE Fight Sports schedule to find a good time to come in and have a free trial.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/07/2010 1:04pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My visit to Redline

Well I just got back from MA last month but I didn't get a chance to write a review. I thought this gym was classic. Arbiter actually invited me to sleep at the gym and train with whoever I wanted. I got a chance to rub elbows with Marvin Perry again and meet some of the other bullshido members that post from that gym.

I love the atmosphere at this place. Without knowing exactly who I was, and without basic introduction all the coaches made me feel welcomed. I was invited into the ring to help train two of the fighters. Ended up doing about 11 rounds between the two of them.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast