Not impressed with your performance!

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 1:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Krav Maga/MMA/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Venison - http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c21Fc.html

Of course you have to catch it yourself. Steaks are the only beef I've bought in a decade.
    If God carried a gun, it would be a 1911.

Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit - Cicero

Fortitudine Vincimus - Ernest Shackelton :englishmo

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 1:45pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been on a veggie kick lately (4 months of sitting around drinking while in a cast had added a few pounds to my extra pounds I already had).

Check out mycoprotein aka Quorn.

Mycoprotein comparison PDF

I've got a friend who is big big, (6'6" pushing 400lbs powerlifter build) and he swears by supplementing with aminos over protein....

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 1:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    I prefer red meat over chicken as it has a slighter greater amount of protein that chicken. The downside is that it has a bit more fat (but just a bit.)
    Palabra.

If it's available in your area, you might try Laura's Lean Beef. It's pretty tasty and if you sign up for the newsletter, you'll get coupons which can somewhat offset the higher price.

Quote Originally Posted by kidspatula
    I like nuts, but they're just so damn expensive
    I don't like them at all, but I push them on anyone who does. My mother has small pecan grove so I try to bring a few punds back with me whenever I visit to dristribute to friends.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 1:51pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kracker
    I have a recepie to make my own protein bars for a fraction of the cost but the main ingredient is whey powder so you might not be interested I'll post it if you are
    Post away please. Just meant I'm not as keen to drink shakes all the damn time.

Are in you in particular interested in reducing fat intake?
    Kinda. Not as interested in it as bumping my protein since I struggle to eat more than 150g a day and I should be over 250g. That's just a lot of damn beans and shakes. 250g = like 16 cups of beans. :pity:

But yeah since I got you here I might as well get some situational advice. Goal: Lose fat without losing my raw manly power. I would love to go from my current BF % of like 22 to somewhere in the low teens. currently eating in the area of 50/30/20 protein/carbs/fats. supplement with protein, a multi, and spurilina. That diet got me here - from the high 30's BF wise when I was well over 400lbs. :snorting: :snorting: Time to change I suppose.

6'4", 318 as of this am, lift 3x, hit the gym 4x for about 60 minutes, skip my roadwork like it's homework. Thoughts?

Check out mycoprotein aka Quorn.
    Will do. Thanks!
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 2:08pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    Palabra.

If it's available in your area, you might try Laura's Lean Beef. It's pretty tasty and if you sign up for the newsletter, you'll get coupons which can somewhat offset the higher price.
    Señor Dave, you are the stud of information. I just found a few stores about 4 miles from my house that carries Laura's Lean Beef :)

Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    I don't like them at all, but I push them on anyone who does. My mother has small pecan grove so I try to bring a few punds back with me whenever I visit to dristribute to friends.
    I'm the total opposite. I keep big jar full of almonds, cashews and brazilian nuts. Just a small handful of them give me a good power snack. I don't eat too much of that, though - my stomach doesn't seem to like too much of it.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 10:02pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    50/30/20
    Have you thought about going to a 40/30/30 diet?
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    10/26/2006 2:20am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How much do you weigh? I'm assuming you want more protein to get bigger or help in the gym? Maybe more lean calories would be the answer if you are already getting enough protein for your weight. I think the average recommendation is 1 gram per pound of body weight.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    10/26/2006 7:25am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    How much do you weigh? I'm assuming you want more protein to get bigger or help in the gym? Maybe more lean calories would be the answer if you are already getting enough protein for your weight. I think the average recommendation is 1 gram per pound of body weight.

I was 320 on the dot this am. I feel like I'm better - more alert, at the gym and lifting, just overall - if I eat a lot of protein.

Have you thought about going to a 40/30/30 diet?
    No. You think I should?
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/26/2006 8:08am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    Quote Originally Posted by kracker
    I have a recepie to make my own protein bars for a fraction of the cost but the main ingredient is whey powder so you might not be interested I'll post it if you are
    Post away please. Just meant I'm not as keen to drink shakes all the damn time.
    Yeah kracker, please do. I'd rather prepare my own **** than buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    Are in you in particular interested in reducing fat intake?
    Kinda. Not as interested in it as bumping my protein since I struggle to eat more than 150g a day and I should be over 250g. That's just a lot of damn beans and shakes. 250g = like 16 cups of beans. :pity:

But yeah since I got you here I might as well get some situational advice. Goal: Lose fat without losing my raw manly power. I would love to go from my current BF % of like 22 to somewhere in the low teens. currently eating in the area of 50/30/20 protein/carbs/fats. supplement with protein, a multi, and spurilina. That diet got me here - from the high 30's BF wise when I was well over 400lbs. :snorting: :snorting: Time to change I suppose.

6'4", 318 as of this am, lift 3x, hit the gym 4x for about 60 minutes, skip my roadwork like it's homework. Thoughts?
    It seems that you are in the right path of reducing your fat intake. The only way I could see you reducing your fat intake even more is to go "green veggies only" at night (not a good idea IMO), or take once again a lean protein shake (I recommend isopure mixed with a bit of orange juice or something == 50g of protein, 300 cals, 0 fat and choked-full of multis).

If I were you, I'd try to get more protein from a lean (or at least good) protein bar rather than beans. You are going to run into a rut and get bored with your food. I don't think I can suggest anything else since you seem to be on the right track.

However, are you taking glutamine and aminoacids by any chance????? The aminoacids will help you stay lean (helps you retain lean muscle mass). That on itself will help you reduce your body fat %. And the glutamine is for recovery.

I've been religiously taking both for more than two months now, and this is the best I've ever felt since I turned 30. Plus I'm taking tribulus terrestris to keep my testosterone levels up (or at least normal). I'm certain that **** went down when I turned 32 - I could feel it back then.

Sometimes we concentrate on what we eat (protein, fat, carbs), but we forget we are exercising and punishing our bodies. That's when other supplements come into play to win the game. Give glutamine and aminoacids a try. These may very well be the last piece of the puzzle.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 10/26/2006 8:51am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Not impressed with your performance!

Posted On:
    10/26/2006 8:26am

supporting member
     Style: Krav Maga/MMA/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    However, are you taking glutamine and aminoacids by any chance????? The aminoacids will help you stay lean (helps you retain lean muscle mass). That on itself will help you reduce your body fat %. And the glutamine is for recovery.
    Pre or post workout?
    If God carried a gun, it would be a 1911.

Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit - Cicero

Fortitudine Vincimus - Ernest Shackelton :englishmo

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast