223763 Bullies, 3661 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said.

Posted On:
    10/26/2006 3:54pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO, mma, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

great clip

DISCLAIMER: I had to watch this on silent, I'm at work.

Thanks very much for posting that clip. Just curious, at any time during the seminar was finishing the attacker discussed? The control aspect looks really viable but was there any discussion of putting the attacker down or getting the blade away from them?

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 6:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP

Thanks very much for posting that clip. Just curious, at any time during the seminar was finishing the attacker discussed? The control aspect looks really viable but was there any discussion of putting the attacker down or getting the blade away from them?
    I think the idea is basically to hit him until he drops it or, if you're strong enough, tweak his elbow using the two-on-one. More importantly, run away.

In the promo for the Dog Brothers 'Die Less Often' video it shows taking the guy down forwards onto his belly using the same grip, then doing some kind of technical disarm. It's meant for plods however, who can't do the sensible thing and run away.

DISCLAIMER: I don't really know anything about either of these systems, I'm just going by what I see on teh internets.
    Last edited by PointyShinyBurn; 10/27/2006 6:53am at .

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 9:42am

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP

You get the 2 on 1, and then it's kind of up to you. Your best bet is to cause damage and then run.

On another note, I've also heard good things about Red Zone from Centerline Gym. They don't have a preview video available but from the description on their site, it sounds similar to STAB.
    Last edited by rw4th; 10/27/2006 9:45am at .

It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said.

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO, mma, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks.

That seems to make sense, the only thing that makes me nervous about dropping the guy onto his belly is that then you're on the ground with this idiot and knife. But I suppose there's a way to make everything work. I did like that this program, or any for that matter, that works with aliveness should make anything you do easy to see if it works or not right away.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12