Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    9/09/2002 12:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem is that things can get taught staticly. I know in Judo, a lot of schools teach throws only as they appear in the Kodokan.
    That really limits what you can do.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.
  2. 9chambers

Posted On:
    9/09/2002 5:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with this perspective ~ those drills are meant to teach concepts and not specific application. The reason there are so many different techniques using the same wrist lock is so you won't get locked into specific scenarios. Actual technique involves a lot more spontaneous pulling, pushing and strikes thrown in ~ you may be on the ground or you might be in a clinch or whatever ~ but the concept is the same. Fold the wrist, twist it back and he is going to either hurt or fall.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/10/2002 3:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly 9C. Concepts are constant, only the scenario will change.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123