10/24/2006 10:57pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

NAGA - Miami Grappling Championships 2006 - This Saturday 10/28

There's a new blog entry added:

NAGA - Miami Grappling Championships 2006 - This Saturday 10/28

To the South Florida pple, the NAGA tourney is this Saturday, 10/28th at Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior H.S.1410 Countyline Road (NE 215th St.), Miami, Florida 33179. For more information, just check the link below.
    http://www.nagafighter.com/miami06_home.asp
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 8:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you going Macho? anyone else going/competeing?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 8:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going, but just to watch. LOL. Ready or not I will compete in the next one for certain (and get subbed:tongue3:). My instructor (Andrew Cargill) is going. I may miss the kiddie tourneys, but I won't miss the rest of the event.

Last week it was the 2006 US Open Judo Championships just like 20 miles south from my house... and I missed it. :eusa_doh: I ain't gonna miss this one :)

I wonder if this thread should have been placed in the iCompete forums :icon_scra

*** EDIT ***

Oh goodie, it was already moved to correct place. Whoever did it, thanks!!!
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 10/25/2006 8:48am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 1:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll see you there then. Anyone who has been reading my log knows but I'll be competeing there this Saturday in either the cruiser or heavy weight division (need to loose 4 pounds to be in cruiser) for beginner (6 months to 2 years) no-gi and white belt (because I'm a BJJ white belt) gi.

no pain no gian got to roll the dice and see.

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 2:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Allright dude. See you there!!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 2:58pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fick, I'm gonna see if I can make it. I have friends coming back friday night, so not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 3:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anthony, let me know if you'll be available to show me around the coconut creek gym sometime Friday afternoon. I'll call you on my way down.

Posted On:
    10/28/2006 2:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****. I got freaking lost looking for the location. GJ, did you go? Did you compete? I got there around 11:50AM and had to leave at 2PM. Meh, at least I got several clips from the tourneys, though.