Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 10:38am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anyone in the Boston area.....

....know where I can get some shin guards for Muay Thai? I start on Friday and I need some shinguards, they are harder to find than I thought. Thanks!

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 11:26am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You look on the internet? I hear that have them there.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 12:06pm

supporting member
     Style: SanDa / MMA / Kung-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi, we sell shin-guards at the boston sanda gym, and we're happy to hook up people from other local gyms if they need equipment. we sell 2 different styles: combat sports international grappling style shin-guards and fairtex pro style shin-guards
    we have them in stock (although not sure if we currently have every size of all gear in stock) at the gym so you can look at them and try them on. both styles are real good shin-guards; the grappling style are cheaper, a bit lighter and stay in play really well, and the fairtex pro's offer awesome protection and durability. we're selling the fairtex pro's for $72 and the combat sports for $45 if i recall. if anything ever went wrong with the gear we would take care of it for you. we take cash, check and credit card. we also sell wraps, gloves, headgear and a bunch of other stuff.

if you were interested in buying anything from us, feel free to drop by anytime during gym hours, which are posted on our website.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 1:29pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will have to stop by there. I found some on the internet (obviously, thanks for the hint. Douche.) but I am unsure what I am looking at and wanted to try some on and get some advice. Thanks for the info.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 1:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sure, youre always welcome to stop by to check out the gear and get advice, even if you decide to get your gear online or elsewhere, tahts cool. we try to sell the gear for equal or less than a person without a wholesale account could get on their own by the time they pay shipping, tax, etc.
    i'm around a lot of the time, ask for chris, or if i'm not in, then who ever else it there would be happy to talk to you too.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 2:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a pair of shinguards (Top Contender) that are pretty much identical to the Fairtex ones that Arbiter linked. They're really nice, in my opinion, by far the most comfortable shinguards I've ever worn and have the most easily adjusted straps. They may not be quite as protective as the bigger leather/vinyl shinguards, but they provide what I'd consider an optimal level of protection and are light and comfortable.

edit: you can get the top contender brand from Amazong for $40.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 3:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    I have a pair of shinguards (Top Contender) that are pretty much identical to the Fairtex ones that Arbiter linked. They're really nice, in my opinion, by far the most comfortable shinguards I've ever worn and have the most easily adjusted straps. They may not be quite as protective as the bigger leather/vinyl shinguards, but they provide what I'd consider an optimal level of protection and are light and comfortable.

edit: you can get the top contender brand from Amazong for $40.
    Thats good feedback to hear on the top condender shin-guards. i havent tried those but they are nearly 1/2 the cost of the fairtex pros and even if they arent as good (i havent found any i like as good as the fairtex-pros for training) the fairtex really are too expensive for most students budgets. i just checked and i can get the top contenders for 29.99/pair wholesale, so i could beat the online prices. maybe next time i get around to ordering gear i'll try those instead.

and murphy, the twins and windy brands are real good too if you can find a deal on those. i used twins for years, but i don't sell those.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 3:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never worn the Fairtex brand, but I've seen other people with them and the material and make looks the same. I've had my pair for a year and a half now and they're still in pretty good shape.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 3:54pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KP,

I'll bet most schools will sell them right there. Ours does (Sityodtong, Somerville). Which MT school are you starting at?

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 3:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I compared the fairtex's to a pair of combat sport internationals that student got recently (not the grappling kind we sell but a standup style pair), that looked nearly identical when comparing catalogue pics. when we compared them side by side in person the fairtex pros had thicker leather and seemed a lot more substancial, but hey for 1/2 the price.... not bad.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast