223839 Bullies, 3617 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 11:57am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judobum
    My best technique is an ankle pick into te-guruma. If I really hit it I lift the guy up the chest level then put him down and if I only get a piece of it I can usually drag the guy around and flip him once he loses his balance.

Another of my favorites is uchi-mata into an ankle pick. Coming in right handed and slightly to the side on the uchi-mata you hit it and if he steps off of it (or you just want to hit the ankle pick) release his sleeve with your left hand and grab his a right ankle (the leg you didn't hit with the uchimata). Almost always works if the guy isn't used to it and you can do it gi or no-gi.
    we have a canadian instructor that everytime we do uchi mata, he goes over something very similar to this, get your jacket grip, hit the uchi mata or ouchi half ass, and when they outstep the rip, go for the pickup on the opposite leg (is this something you canadian guys do normally?).

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 11:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neko687
    we have a canadian instructor

Ask him to teach you how to "jersey" someone

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 12:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    Ask him to teach you how to "jersey" someone
    I'm gonna guess that this one was another joke that went right over my head, can anybody be merciful enough to explain this one for me

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 1:21pm

Style: MMA Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Well, I just remembered this one (a throw done while on the ground) that I learned at class about a month ago. I haven't had much chance to perform it, but seems quite effective and simple.

It's a seoi nage-like throw when you are almost in a turtle. Say both you and your partner are on the ground (you on your knees or one knee only) and he attempts an arm drag (on your left arm for example) and tries to pull you in.

With both hands firmly grabbing his arm just below elbow level or above (above == better), go on your knees and dive down as in going turtle. Your opponent will see a bulls eye on your back and he is going to try to take it.

Now, pay attention. You have his right arm grapped deep with your hands. So his best bet is to move to his left, around your right to take your back. As he is getting up and going for it, you pull his arm by pulling your hands to your right hip and dive to your left as if about to roll over your left shoulder (this will bring him closer to you). As you do your pull (this is basically a left hand-side seoi nage), lift your hips (more your right than your left) as you push with your right leg.

Do not roll over. Just dive to your left shoulder, pulling his arm towards your right hip (which you are lifting) while pushing with your right leg. He goes whoooosh over you, and from there, while keeping his right arm grabbed with your right hand, begin to secure a grip with your left hand and moving for side control or kesa or whichever you feel like doing.

You are basically baiting him, but you have to be fast, otherwise you are fucked. Also, if you find yourself in a similar situation where he is about to take your back, this may save you. It works great with a gi, and can't wait to give it a try (and see how it works) with no gi, with slippery wet sweat and all that slippery ****.

Sounds like a drop seoi-nage. Its okay for getting position but it doesnt seem as if you could ever hurt a person with this throw. But I didnt get shoulder thrown often. Its a hard throw to nail. Without a doubt the most beauitful throw out there though

Neko687: I am a canadian and I did Judo for about 18 months. In my school they frowned upon leg takedowns (like single and doubles) so much that if you went for one in class they'd yell out "garbage! garbage! Thats a garbage move!" They didnt like it at all. As such I never used it in class. But they, being canadian, can teach you all the secrets of the jersey. Yay for hockey
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; 10/27/2006 1:25pm at .

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 1:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
    Neko687: I am a canadian and I did Judo for about 18 months. In my school they frowned upon leg takedowns (like single and doubles) so much that if you went for one in class they'd yell out "garbage! garbage! Thats a garbage move!" They didnt like it at all. As such I never used it in class. But they, being canadian, can teach you all the secrets of the jersey. Yay for hockey
    Got it, not a team sport fan, so that one went over my head

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 1:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously though, I have done this once in grappling. If someones gi comes loose or if they like to keep it loose, you can pull it up and over their head like a hockey Jersey and wrap it around thier face while you apply another technique.

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 2:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously though, I have done this once in grappling. If someones gi comes loose or if they like to keep it loose, you can pull it up and over their head like a hockey Jersey and wrap it around thier face while you apply another technique.
    I believe I will be trying this new secret deadly technique (tm?) tomorrow:glasses13

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 3:53pm

Style: MMA Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha yeah. You can jersey them for a little, the refs tend to stop the match for a second to fix the guy but hey you got a couple seconds to work some canadian j00 jizzu

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 3:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha yeah. You can jersey them for a little, the refs tend to stop the match for a second to fix the guy but hey you got a couple seconds to work some canadian j00 jizzu
    CJJ WINS AGAIN!!!

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 5:14pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't see why not, at least with ground grappling. This dude at the BJJ school told me a brown belt at another school tried to suffocate (or distract) him during rolling with a "jersey" (lol @ jersey). If one can use his opponent or his own gi to choke or restrain him, the same could be done with the jersey manouver...

... now, if you can ippon somebody via a wedgie, then you are cool stud!!!!

Sounds like a drop seoi-nage. Its okay for getting position but it doesnt seem as if you could ever hurt a person with this throw. But I didnt get shoulder thrown often. Its a hard throw to nail. Without a doubt the most beauitful throw out there though
    True. Very likely you won't hurt your opponent, but you'll prevent him from taking your back, and if you time it correctly, you can immediately side-control him :cool:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast