Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 5:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by smillard
    there shouldn't be any problem. Bent leg dead lifts work the lower back where the stiff leg dead lifts work the hamstrings.
    Sorry to knitpick, but isn't it the opposite? Don't bent legs work the legs more while straight legs put most of the emphasis on the lower back?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 6:08pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfOlives
    Sorry to knitpick, but isn't it the opposite? Don't bent legs work the legs more while straight legs put most of the emphasis on the lower back?
    No. And it's nitpick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 6:24pm

Style: BJJ/boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfOlives

I used to believe the same thing but a few years ago a rugby team I was with hired a trainer to come in and correct our bad habits. That was one of the key things he pointed out among other things. This is one of the reasons I have said in other posts that it is a good idea to hire a personal trainer at least once in your life to go over technique. But by all mean please nitpick, that is the only way we can all learn is to exchange information and question things that don't appear correct to us.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2006 10:53am

Style: kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    stiff/straight leg deads work the lower back, glutes and hammies. bent leg deads put more emphasis on the quads with some lesser work on the 3 above.
    To OP bent leg deads are a pretty good leg workout if done properly what sort of results are you looking for? strength? size? conditioning?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2006 5:59pm

Style: BJJ/boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no problem with your statement on stiff leg dead lifts, but could you explain how bent leg incorporates the quads. As I've learned to do them you keep the legs in a constant bent position throughout the excercise. Therefore if there is no tension in the legs a majority of the effort is by the lower back. Not arguing with you just trying to gain some clarification since this goes against everything I've learned.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12