Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/21/2007 4:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The kid's classes keep the lights on. If a person doesn't like the name "lil ninja's" try a little marketing experiment. Have four seperate kid's classes. Name one "Lil Bastards", name one "Diaper Dandies", name one "stupid babies", and name one "Lil Ninjas". See which class helps to pay the bills.
    In our Dojo, the kids fill up the place for the early classes and the late classes are populated by a much smaller number of adults. The nice mats and equipment provided by dojo would not be there if it wasn't for the kids classes.
    The record of Moti's accomplishments is somewhat suspect but if he has the goods and knows how to teach, that's the real requirement. It's a good thing to let him know that some of the bad information casts a cloud over him and probabaly should be clarified.

Posted On:
    5/21/2007 4:17pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ I have to agree. About the super ninjas-Kids just want to have fun and parents want day care. While there is a certain thug parent element, who want their kids to kick ass, most schools have a no touch policy, which may disappoint some ex school bullies, but I have not heard any kids complain that they can't hit each other.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/21/2007 6:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, I have been following MMA since UFC 4 or 5, whichever one it was where Royce and Ken had their rematch.

Hrenstein has indeed fought in MMA tournaments; I have seen him fight 3 times. He lost each time, and most unimpressively too. His record is 1 win, 6 losses.

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...?fighterid=139

I saw both is UFC fights and his loss to Taktarov. Coleman and Kerr both didn't just beat him, they humliated him. He didn't even last the first round.

If you can find the tape of his fight with Kerr in UFC 14, if you listen as he is being struck by Kerr's strikes Horenstein - there's no delicate way to put this - lets out a high pitched yelp like a little girl being slapped in the face.

This guy - to be blunt - got lucky in his one win, against an aging Patrick Smith and threw a wild haymaker that connected.

Anybody who is paying this guy money to learn Martial Arts or MMA fighting is being ripped off, in my opinion.

Posted On:
    5/21/2007 7:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    O:K! Here is the benchmark for bullshido. If you haven't won a UFC title you aren't allowed to teach martial arts. No other tournaments or experience matters. That goes for UFC 70 where the world was shown that K1 champions are easy. Only MMA is acceptable and no other martial arts should be taught.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2007 8:59pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    manofaiki,

There were no rounds when Moti fought Kerr and Coleman. Hell back then there were barely any weight classes.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/21/2007 9:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are correct, though I did see the fights, it was almost 10 years ago. The Sherdog Fight Finder says each fight ended in round 1, which seems to have influenced my memory.

Sorry if I sound too harsh about the guy, but I did see him fight 3 times and he not only failed to impress me, he didn't even seem to mount any real fight in the 3 matches I saw.

He was taken down, mounted and dispatched in under 3 min. in the matches I saw.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    5/22/2007 3:03am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    Making up your own martial art is pretty lame
    Like *snicker* American Jujitsu, for example?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2007 6:53am

Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some of the posts here seem to be perpetuating the bullshido.net stereotype (OMG, he's an MMA fighter, he should be allowed to do whatever he wants! Here, marry my sister!).

If the dude is charging over the odds for his tuition and is making up crap about what he can do and has done, that's dodgy however you slice it.

If this stuff is true

- Made up martial arts acheivements for himself.
    - Claims to have won pro fights that he actually lost.
    - Overcharging students (two 45 minute classes a week, $120 a month).
    - Requires students to buy a new gi top with every belt progression.
    that's shifty practice.

Who cares if he's been in UFC. That's a pat on the back in personal achievement terms but it's not a "get out of jail free" card for running a dodgy school.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    5/22/2007 7:03am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    Like *snicker* American Jujitsu, for example?

Yeah...exactly. Or brazillian for that matter.

Except ya know...it's jujitsu...but...er...American. More of a descriptive term for geographical reasons, but sure...I'll throw ya that bone.

C'mon, boy...you can do better than that!
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2007 10:42am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Its a NY Russian thing."

In one of the Russian newspapers I was in, they described my fight record as "undefeated". While that is technically true, at that time I only fought one fight, which I (half-assed) won since it was only an exhibition. People tend to play with words advertising here in NY. Still, a professional fighter like Moti should keep his records right.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast