Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 9:07pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Go Lawler, always been one of his fans since I saw him fight.
    2. Galbraith had a good showing against Nakamura.
    3. Baroni. *Shrug*
    4. The tired useless Belfort showed up against a
    5. Sean's roles have always been showcasing his ability to be a can.
    6. Barnett. Try.......a shot? The clinchtastic match was fairly boring.
    7. Kevin 'Limpy' Randleman. OUCH!

Coleman please leave your kids out of the ring. That whole display made me want to throw up. He punched Fedor at the end!
    There seemed to be a few decent morsels in the crowd. Thankfully Bushido is coming up and hopefully I can see Dennis Kang knock Paulo Filho silly.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 12:44am

supporting member
     Style: Bjj/Machado/Pittman

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i saw a replay of Coleman's little punch at the end of the match. If Fedor wasn't such a loveable teddy bear that could have been real bad. I mean jesus did he want his kids to watch him actually DIE in the ring?

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 3:07am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 3:56am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkthrone
    has anyone uploaded any of the fights yet ? thanks in advance.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...eal+deal&hl=en
    Last edited by Tangerine; 10/24/2006 4:10am at .

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 10:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I felt so awkward watching Coleman and his daughters in the ring, it was so bad i started to feel sorry for Fedor.

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 10:23pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just got back from vegas yesterday.....I'm a bit surprised at the reactions on here....I've been in fantasy land (vegas) too long i guess

I think being there, and a part of the atmosphere (and beers) changes the perspective...i had a great time, I don't think i'll be missing any Prides that come to vegas again!

the intermission was no big deal, we welcomed it (washroom breaks for some) cuz fans got to walk down and meet the fighters sitting at ringside....and not to mention the HOT girls everywhere walking up and down the steeeep stairs with their mini skirts (i think i tweeked my neck for 'some' reason)

not gonna go into details right now....(at work)

anyone else there this past weekend?
    will post some pix up soon....

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 11:31pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys complain about the over the top theatricals and entrances and intermissions but ****, when you are there, it's a different story.

I saw the opening round of the middleweight GP in Osaka last year and I have never been so pumped in all my life. You just sit back and let it all wash over you, let what feels like an actual electric current shoot up your spine and spike up your hair. You jump. you shout. You scream. The whole crowd collectively lost its mind in osaka when Sakuraba came out. It really is something else. You have an amazing time. In the intermission, you go for a piss, you buy some pride stuff, look for fighters. You have fun.

Watching pride live absolutely rules and you Yanks should take advantage of it while you can.

I thought it was a surpisingly good event. I liked seeing Fedor stretch his legs in a one-sided fight and watching the antics afterwards. Liked finding out if Shogun could overcome Roidlemonster's extreme pumpedness. Liked watching Henderson totally dominate belfort, and liked watching Barnett narrowly survive agaisnt Nastula.

IMO it was a great show.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 1:05am

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by supercrap
    You guys complain about the over the top theatricals and entrances and intermissions but ****, when you are there, it's a different story.

I saw the opening round of the middleweight GP in Osaka last year and I have never been so pumped in all my life. You just sit back and let it all wash over you, let what feels like an actual electric current shoot up your spine and spike up your hair. You jump. you shout. You scream. The whole crowd collectively lost its mind in osaka when Sakuraba came out. It really is something else. You have an amazing time. In the intermission, you go for a piss, you buy some pride stuff, look for fighters. You have fun.

Watching pride live absolutely rules and you Yanks should take advantage of it while you can.

I thought it was a surpisingly good event. I liked seeing Fedor stretch his legs in a one-sided fight and watching the antics afterwards. Liked finding out if Shogun could overcome Roidlemonster's extreme pumpedness. Liked watching Henderson totally dominate belfort, and liked watching Barnett narrowly survive agaisnt Nastula.

IMO it was a great show.
    thats how i feel too bro
    its totally different when ur there....u can feel the energy
    its electric! and prides production definitely induces that feeling with their crazy intros....(UFC doesn't do any such thing to hype the crowd up in the same way)

and just being damn proud that Pride was a success in US....a lot of hesitation surrounding it....so I was definitely happy for them, and glad to be supporting a product that doesnt dick around their fans with shitty no name dark matches that most ppl can afford to misssss. Time to step it up Mr.White

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 3:56am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Poor Fedor. I feel so bad for him. I read that he felt really awkward and uncomfortable. That was probably the most embarassing moment of the century in sportfighting. Even more embarassing than that Karate dude turtling up and getting his ass beat. Wherever he is, he's thanking God for Coleman's assery.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 6:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HANKtheTANK
    just got back from vegas yesterday.....I'm a bit surprised at the reactions on here....I've been in fantasy land (vegas) too long i guess

I think being there, and a part of the atmosphere (and beers) changes the perspective...i had a great time, I don't think i'll be missing any Prides that come to vegas again!

the intermission was no big deal, we welcomed it (washroom breaks for some) cuz fans got to walk down and meet the fighters sitting at ringside....and not to mention the HOT girls everywhere walking up and down the steeeep stairs with their mini skirts (i think i tweeked my neck for 'some' reason)

not gonna go into details right now....(at work)

anyone else there this past weekend?
    will post some pix up soon....
    You bastard!. You lucky, lucky Bastard!!!!

PICS we need PICS!!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast