223755 Bullies, 3758 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 611 to 620 of 655
Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162 63646566 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. andrewa is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    549

    Posted On:
    2/18/2007 2:36pm


     Style: Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slow down there Jared.....Not every MA school is like FSD. In fact the vast majority of MA schools are completely opposite of everything FSD stands for. Don't let this bad experience prevent you from trying another school.
      #611
  2. Tempted Rabbit is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    7

    Posted On:
    2/18/2007 8:01pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jared75

    There are some really good schools in town that won't make you feel the way you do now.

    Check out Bob Carver's on Rideau or Ronin on Carling.
      #612
  3. Jorec is offline
    Jorec's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    212

    Posted On:
    2/18/2007 8:15pm


     Style: Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to third the above comments, theres atleast two or three great MT schools, atleast one good boxing gym, a Sambo place and a couple gyms that train BJJ all in the Ottawa area. I wouldn't give up on MA because of this although I can see why it would sour you towards it.
      #613
  4. TKD Black Belt is offline
    TKD Black Belt's Avatar

    Keeeeee-Yeah!

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river.
    Posts
    2,230

    Posted On:
    2/19/2007 1:27am


     Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah easy cowboy, I know with it being Seafood's birthday you're all excited and **** but I was just pointing out that if you don't suck dick any more you should probably stop advertising it.

    TKD

    THIS IS NOT AN EXIT


    "Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins
      #614
  5. Jared75 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    31

    Posted On:
    2/19/2007 6:47am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ex-FSD (Happy?)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How can I possibly come up with a good response to an excellent post like that?
      #615
  6. Askari is offline

    The Bottom Brick

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,069

    Posted On:
    2/19/2007 7:41am


     Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared75
    How can I possibly come up with a good response to an excellent post like that?
    LOL.

    The reason most of us post on this thread is that we see it as a public service. I wouldnt want my sister to enroll in a sub-standard martial art that has the poteential of subjecting her to strange conditions (poop sniffing) as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared75
    Want to know more about why I dis-like Gerry? I think I pposted this a while back but they started running the $5.00 work-out only sessions, he was a total jerk. He didn't the time to answer any questions at all. I gestured to people with an outstrectched hand for $5.00. That and the fact that he's extremely rude to students. And you wonder why I call him names?
    The truth, such as you have posted here, is far more revealing then name calling. These examples of real behaviour from your personal experience allow us to see the inside of FSD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared75
    I challenge you to go and sign up for a few classes. As a matter of fact I will pay for a month for you to go and see for yourself.
    A number of us have already done that. But it was a free month (LOL).
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"
      #616
  7. Jared75 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    31

    Posted On:
    2/19/2007 11:10am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ex-FSD (Happy?)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    LOL.

    The reason most of us post on this thread is that we see it as a public service. I wouldnt want my sister to enroll in a sub-standard martial art that has the poteential of subjecting her to strange conditions (poop sniffing) as well.
    The truth, such as you have posted here, is far more revealing then name calling. These examples of real behaviour from your personal experience allow us to see the inside of FSD.A number of us have already done that. But it was a free month (LOL).
    I saw his post as nothing more than a straw man to be frank but since this is the internet we can pretty much post whatever we want regardless. But that's the chance you take when posting on any forum. I choose not to bite on troll bait however.
    It's a shame that there is no way of calling Jacques on anything. He, and his family, are pretty well insulated in one form or another. There will always be students for them. Think of FSD as the McRib. Remember the McRib? When it came out, there was alot of hype and McDonald's probably sold a million or so before they stopped making it. Everybody had to try it so they went, paid their $2 or whatever it was and they either liked it or didn't. Just like FSD. And like McRib, sooner or later people will realize that FSD is all hype and nothing more. I think Jacques realizes that his 'Bruce Lee' experiment has failed so he's turned to one-notch above guerilla marketing tactics to earn a living.
    On the other hand, you have to hand it to them; they won their personal war on poverty to the point where I am sure none of them ever have to work again.
      #617
  8. TKD Black Belt is offline
    TKD Black Belt's Avatar

    Keeeeee-Yeah!

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river.
    Posts
    2,230

    Posted On:
    2/19/2007 12:37pm


     Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm so happy to see you've decided to reply with fact and examples as opposed to the name calling. As Askari points out this thread has only one point and that is to continue to shine a light into the dark little corners of FSD and hopefully affect change.

    If you ave specifics then please share, we're all ears.

    Keep on truckin'

    TKD

    THIS IS NOT AN EXIT


    "Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins
      #618
  9. myrmecophilous is offline
    myrmecophilous's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    207

    Posted On:
    2/19/2007 1:56pm


     Style: MT,BJJ noob.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello everyone. Newly ex-FSDer here. I actually wanted to thank everyone for this thread (and the others); I probably wouldn't have left before wasting another 1k$ or so at least otherwise.

    I should say that not all my experiences were negative. But I didn't get too "deep," and anyway inferior product, larcenous prices and constantly feeling used for recruitment (or just more $$) certainly leaves enough of a bad taste in one's mouth as it is.

    After just two classes elsewhere I learned more than I did in my time at FSD.

    Anyway I just wanted you all to know that your efforts are paying dividends.

    P.S. I registered this account ages ago and I forget what I put in my "style" field. If it says FSD that is wrong. (starting MT and BJJ now, with a bit of Kali too if I have the time).
    Last edited by myrmecophilous; 2/19/2007 1:59pm at .
      #619
  10. Jared75 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    31

    Posted On:
    2/19/2007 2:04pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ex-FSD (Happy?)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    I'm so happy to see you've decided to reply with fact and examples as opposed to the name calling. As Askari points out this thread has only one point and that is to continue to shine a light into the dark little corners of FSD and hopefully affect change.

    If you ave specifics then please share, we're all ears.

    Keep on truckin'

    TKD
    Oh so that troll before of calling me a dick sucker was just a way for you to get me back on the straight and narrow? IS that what that was? Or was that another example of name calling?
    I mean, I just want to be clear.
      #620

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.