Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162 63646566 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 2:36pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slow down there Jared.....Not every MA school is like FSD. In fact the vast majority of MA schools are completely opposite of everything FSD stands for. Don't let this bad experience prevent you from trying another school.

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 8:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jared75

There are some really good schools in town that won't make you feel the way you do now.

Check out Bob Carver's on Rideau or Ronin on Carling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 8:15pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to third the above comments, theres atleast two or three great MT schools, atleast one good boxing gym, a Sambo place and a couple gyms that train BJJ all in the Ottawa area. I wouldn't give up on MA because of this although I can see why it would sour you towards it.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 1:27am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah easy cowboy, I know with it being Seafood's birthday you're all excited and **** but I was just pointing out that if you don't suck dick any more you should probably stop advertising it.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 6:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ex-FSD (Happy?)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How can I possibly come up with a good response to an excellent post like that?

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 7:41am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared75
    How can I possibly come up with a good response to an excellent post like that?
    LOL.

The reason most of us post on this thread is that we see it as a public service. I wouldnt want my sister to enroll in a sub-standard martial art that has the poteential of subjecting her to strange conditions (poop sniffing) as well.
    Want to know more about why I dis-like Gerry? I think I pposted this a while back but they started running the $5.00 work-out only sessions, he was a total jerk. He didn't the time to answer any questions at all. I gestured to people with an outstrectched hand for $5.00. That and the fact that he's extremely rude to students. And you wonder why I call him names?
    The truth, such as you have posted here, is far more revealing then name calling. These examples of real behaviour from your personal experience allow us to see the inside of FSD.
    I challenge you to go and sign up for a few classes. As a matter of fact I will pay for a month for you to go and see for yourself.
    A number of us have already done that. But it was a free month (LOL).
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 11:10am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    LOL.

The reason most of us post on this thread is that we see it as a public service. I wouldnt want my sister to enroll in a sub-standard martial art that has the poteential of subjecting her to strange conditions (poop sniffing) as well.
    The truth, such as you have posted here, is far more revealing then name calling. These examples of real behaviour from your personal experience allow us to see the inside of FSD.A number of us have already done that. But it was a free month (LOL).
    I saw his post as nothing more than a straw man to be frank but since this is the internet we can pretty much post whatever we want regardless. But that's the chance you take when posting on any forum. I choose not to bite on troll bait however.
    It's a shame that there is no way of calling Jacques on anything. He, and his family, are pretty well insulated in one form or another. There will always be students for them. Think of FSD as the McRib. Remember the McRib? When it came out, there was alot of hype and McDonald's probably sold a million or so before they stopped making it. Everybody had to try it so they went, paid their $2 or whatever it was and they either liked it or didn't. Just like FSD. And like McRib, sooner or later people will realize that FSD is all hype and nothing more. I think Jacques realizes that his 'Bruce Lee' experiment has failed so he's turned to one-notch above guerilla marketing tactics to earn a living.
    On the other hand, you have to hand it to them; they won their personal war on poverty to the point where I am sure none of them ever have to work again.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 12:37pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm so happy to see you've decided to reply with fact and examples as opposed to the name calling. As Askari points out this thread has only one point and that is to continue to shine a light into the dark little corners of FSD and hopefully affect change.

If you ave specifics then please share, we're all ears.

Keep on truckin'

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 1:56pm

Style: MT,BJJ noob.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello everyone. Newly ex-FSDer here. I actually wanted to thank everyone for this thread (and the others); I probably wouldn't have left before wasting another 1k$ or so at least otherwise.

I should say that not all my experiences were negative. But I didn't get too "deep," and anyway inferior product, larcenous prices and constantly feeling used for recruitment (or just more $$) certainly leaves enough of a bad taste in one's mouth as it is.

After just two classes elsewhere I learned more than I did in my time at FSD.

Anyway I just wanted you all to know that your efforts are paying dividends.

P.S. I registered this account ages ago and I forget what I put in my "style" field. If it says FSD that is wrong. (starting MT and BJJ now, with a bit of Kali too if I have the time).
    Last edited by myrmecophilous; 2/19/2007 1:59pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 2:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    I'm so happy to see you've decided to reply with fact and examples as opposed to the name calling. As Askari points out this thread has only one point and that is to continue to shine a light into the dark little corners of FSD and hopefully affect change.

If you ave specifics then please share, we're all ears.

Keep on truckin'

TKD
    Oh so that troll before of calling me a dick sucker was just a way for you to get me back on the straight and narrow? IS that what that was? Or was that another example of name calling?
    I mean, I just want to be clear.