Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2006 11:32pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    And you? You are a NOOB. So perhaps it is time for you to read a bit on these subjects.
    what grade is this guy in?
    Last edited by Nosurrender; 10/28/2006 11:39pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2006 11:39pm

Style: Grappling/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorec
    We don't nessessarly need the higher ups, just a wide range of their various levels. Its quite clear their leadership is only intent on making as much money as possible so they will never decide to 'put their money where their mouth is' and actually show their skills on anything other then drunks in a bar's washroom.
    Let's look at this from a purely business oriented viewpoint. If FSD instructors/pupils started winning in MMA/kickboxing/grappling tournies it would the single greatest source of publicity they could find. There is no better ad for an MA school then to read that they took a trophy home. Given the FSD propensity for hype I'm sure they would take full advantage of any such wins in their ads.

As far as their arguement that they're too busy making money teaching to compete I've heard these BS excuses before. "Oh yeah sure.... a promotion to Crew Buddy would mean a raise, but than I'd havta do more work.... it just ain't worth it... ya know??". [Translation] = I'm not prepared to get off my lazy ass/I'm scared of more responsibility/ I'm scared of failure.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    10/29/2006 1:21am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosurrender
    what grade is this guy in?
    I'd be cranky too if Jack had his hand up my ass!

LMFAO, okay that's funnier than anything I've read in a long time. Thank you sir! A quick search of Askari's posts will undoubtedly turn up a score of arcane and yet wickedly apropos repartee. (In other words, he says a lot of smart kid stuff at the right time.)

Now I say this more to draw attention to you and your limited life span on this board. Why wander onto a thread that very clearly states what it is about if you have nothing to add. You're like the retarded kid who farts in the back of the room and giggles.

Do yourself a favour and renew your membership at MAP or Akiworld or wherever it is that you normally post your drivel and avoid this site. Should you opt to stay then head towards Phrost's kiddie pool where the sharks circle but don't bite.

TKD
    Last edited by TKD Black Belt; 10/29/2006 1:23am at . Reason: Was this okay for my 1,000th post?

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    10/29/2006 4:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, it was, except you could have just told him that Jesus hates him and he should kill himself.

Stupidity that great must be stamped out for the good of humanity and my personal amusement.

--J.D.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    10/29/2006 7:30am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa
    Let's look at this from a purely business oriented viewpoint. If FSD instructors/pupils started winning in MMA/kickboxing/grappling tournies it would the single greatest source of publicity they could find. There is no better ad for an MA school then to read that they took a trophy home. Given the FSD propensity for hype I'm sure they would take full advantage of any such wins in their ads.

As far as their arguement that they're too busy making money teaching to compete I've heard these BS excuses before. "Oh yeah sure.... a promotion to Crew Buddy would mean a raise, but than I'd havta do more work.... it just ain't worth it... ya know??". [Translation] = I'm not prepared to get off my lazy ass/I'm scared of more responsibility/ I'm scared of failure.
    Absolutely. Lets look at the last few MMA events in the Ottawa area. Every local club that was represented has had an increase in its student population directly related to participation in these events. These arent students just looking to be the next 'Ultimate Fighter' these are often students just looking to train and become good.

Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    Last edited by TKD Black Belt : Today at 02:23 AM. Reason: Was this okay for my 1,000th post?
    Applause.
    Last edited by Askari; 10/29/2006 7:33am at .
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2006 10:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    Do yourself a favour and renew your membership at MAP or Akiworld or wherever it is that you normally post your drivel and avoid this site. Should you opt to stay then head towards Phrost's kiddie pool where the sharks circle but don't bite.

TKD
    Maturity is a virtue.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2006 10:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor X
    Stupidity that great must be stamped out for the good of humanity and my personal amusement.

--J.D.
    my thoughts exactly.

And this thread is pointless. Whoever wants to be FSD's or so-called TKD BB's mouthpiece can do it on YMAS.
    Last edited by Nosurrender; 10/29/2006 10:10am at .

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    10/29/2006 11:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my thoughts exactly.

And this thread is pointless. Whoever wants to be FSD's or so-called TKD BB's mouthpiece can do it on YMAS.
    Sorry I didn't get my Captain Stupid decoder ring in the last box of Fruity Loops!

Would you be so kind as to do us a quick favour?

1.) Personal biases -

2.) Current agenda -

I find it so much easier to talk to someone when I know, not only which axe they are attempting to grind but how they plan on sharpening or dulling said axe.

Thanks in advance.

TKD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2006 12:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1.) People style bash a lot and style bashing can be every bit a tool of the current bullshit movement as promises of invincibility and chi blasts.
    2.) To challenge unchallenged assumptions instead of being anybody's yes man.

Oho I am so sorry for thinking for a single moment that you might not be the end-all authority on the truth. I now realize that your judgement is flawless. Please don't kill me for my unfounded and rebellious ideas. I promise not to commit this crime again.

And the dull axe is the best for executions.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    10/29/2006 12:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1.) People style bash a lot and style bashing can be every bit a tool of the current bullshit movement as promises of invincibility and chi blasts.
    - As has been suggested numerous times, please read the initial thread regarding FSD and the BS that they perpetuate on the MA world. Secondly, take note to read my entire first post on this thread and you should be able to figure out that this is anything but a random and pointless 'style bash' but rather a description of a sparring match. FSD has long held the position that their style is supreme and the description merely demonstrates holes in that theory.

2.) To challenge unchallenged assumptions instead of being anybody's yes man.
    - I should hope so and also hope that you don't assume that this thread is populated with 'yes men' exclusively in opposition to FSD (or any one style for that matter). Again, a small amount of reading will provide examples of where almost all of the posters on this and the other FSD threads have disagreed with each other.

Oho I am so sorry for thinking for a single moment that you might not be the end-all authority on the truth.
    - I put my money where my mouth is, you are a newcomer into this discussion who has not yet earned the right to take cheap shots at people. Once again, please read the previous threads before rehashing old arguments.

I now realize that your judgement is flawless.
    - About fucking time in my opinion.

Please don't kill me for my unfounded and rebellious ideas.
    - Reading is your friend.

I promise not to commit this crime again.
    - Good good! As long as you learn from past experiences we'll get along just fine!

And the dull axe is the best for executions.
    "Forward comrades! . . . Forward in the name of the Rebellion. Long live Animal Farm! Long live comrade Napoleon. Napoleon is always right."

TKD
Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656 ... LastLast