Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 4:11pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riposte
    I just left Fang shen do 2 weeks ago. It seems that all the problems are the same no matter where one goes. You guys take the "criticism" to a whole new level though (I'm talking more about the original fang threads than this one however this one is still pretty good). I think my reasons are pretty much the same as other people who left here, however if anyone wants to know anything, I'm open to telling them, I have nothing to hide.

Oh JP, when will the silliness end?

TKD
    Last edited by TKD Black Belt; 12/16/2006 4:32pm at .

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 4:16pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome, Riposte. Even considering that your reasons are pretty much the same as others, I think that it would be beneficial to tell your story. Was there any particular moment that made you realize what you had gotten yourself into? Feel free to leave out any specifics that you feel may identify you if you're concerned about that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 4:21pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD: Please download one of the many free photo editors available on the web and read up on this feature known as "resizing". Please.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 4:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow
    TKD: Please download one of the many free photo editors available on the web and read up on this feature known as "resizing". Please.
    It isn't my fault I'm so much bigger......

TKD

"Pfft, how you use it nothing!"

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 4:43pm

Style: Mauy Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi stringfellow,

I would have to say, I started putting things together when I got my blue bar, and even more when I got my blue sash. All of a sudden, mandatory things started popping up everywhere. I wasn't aware that training camp (for example) was a mandatory thing. That thing's 500 bucks! I was taking my time with the weapons and a co-student told me that you had to take your weapons test in order to advance as well. That didn't bug me so much until he told me that it was an added 75$. All sorts of "Hidden" fees started appearing out of nowhere. It was an experience with a friend of mine (I don't think he cares, but I'll leave his name out anyways) that annoyed me to the point of asking myself whether or not all this was worth it. He wanted to know why chi sao wasn't emphasized more, since it was a spontaneous exercise, it could really test your reflexes and true trapping ability versus the pre-arranged phon saus. During class time, you barely had 30 seconds with your partner before you either switched for the final time, or were done with the chi sau completely. We wanted to get better at chi sau because we knew that compound trapping didn't work, if anything it was a one-move kind of thing in order to create an opening or distract that we wanted practice in. We found that this worked in sparring sessions and wanted to keep at it.

This bothered a bunch of us. We wanted to get better. Sifu M's response was " look at the dvd". um.........what if you don't have the dvd? what if you don't have a partner to practice with? we have to shell out 75$ in order to get better at chi sao? it again came back to the money. I tried to let it go, but it was one of those things (among others that I'm trying to remember) that just sat there and weighed over me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 5:27pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, Drunken Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Riposte;
    I got the same response about chi sao that you did. I also got the famous, "oh, you'll understand more when you take the chi sao seminar". You should get to know stephane d'mour, his response to any question on marital arts is "oh, you need to take such and such seminar, there you'll learn what you're looking for."

As far as the punch in the mouth incident goes. WOW! People, wake up! Why don't one of you FSD students that still go regularly "accidently" punch MP in the mouth hard enough so it chips his tooth. Now, assure him that it's completely an accident and see what his response is. ****, the stupidity is agonizing. I often wondered why I took punches to the face and I never gave them back? I mean, I had enough control not to punch them, so why did they punch me? Mind you, I was always afraid to lay a hand on them because of the reprecussions. The **** we took! I'm so mad, but can't even give you **** really, because I was as stupid as you were once and would've probably responded the same way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 6:27pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Mount
    Riposte;
    I got the same response about chi sao that you did. I also got the famous, "oh, you'll understand more when you take the chi sao seminar". You should get to know stephane d'mour, his response to any question on marital arts is "oh, you need to take such and such seminar, there you'll learn what you're looking for."

As far as the punch in the mouth incident goes. WOW! People, wake up! Why don't one of you FSD students that still go regularly "accidently" punch MP in the mouth hard enough so it chips his tooth. Now, assure him that it's completely an accident and see what his response is. ****, the stupidity is agonizing. I often wondered why I took punches to the face and I never gave them back? I mean, I had enough control not to punch them, so why did they punch me? Mind you, I was always afraid to lay a hand on them because of the reprecussions. The **** we took! I'm so mad, but can't even give you **** really, because I was as stupid as you were once and would've probably responded the same way.
    Screw that.... How about a good swift kick to the groin, biu-ji to the eyes followed up by an elbow to the side of the head. And then say it was an accident and that you must absolutely work on control.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 7:01pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, Drunken Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I've been informed who the student was that got punched. I'm even more pissed off now, because this guy worked his ass off for the Patenudes. I met him at a few training camps and he pushed himself to his breaking point every time. I can actually hear MP say to this student "it's a lesson better learnt in class than on the street", because I've heard it said to me so many times before. I think students of FSD should use the phase "another post for bullshido" everytime they hear or see something stupid in class. I think it would be so hilarious when the so called seafood flips out and then everyone replys again with "another post for bullshido". The seafood would have to fight the whole class. It's so obvious to me now how much every student of FSD lives in fear of there instructors. Fear is their most prized tool and through it they've made millions. People, stop fearing these people!!!!

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 7:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can I still fear bananas though?

TKD

PS - Martin is afraid of me......

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 7:30pm

Style: Mauy Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    afraid of you? please explain :-P