Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 3:48pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haru_the_larger
    The people who have posted here would all love to see one of the Sifus step up to the plate, but despite repeated offers they continue to ignore the opportunity being presented to them.
    - The funny thing is this would most likely result in the change was have pointed out is sorely needed!

I am not sure how TKDBB got this organized, but the brown sash had some cajones to step up.
    - I'm a ninja! As has been mentioned earlier there has been some people willing to do more than email within the FSD group. That said I was just polite and persuasive! Well that and I get comped at most of the strip clubs in Hull!

Even at that, it was not one of the "leaders" in FSD who stepped up. I think that perhaps these "leaders" could learn something from this guy and instead of screaming to find out who he is, should siddle on up to the fight bar and have a drink.
    - This is probably the most accurate summation of what 'should happen' on FSD's part. That said this is the furthest from what is actually happening.

TKDBB - Thank you for posting this story.
    - Gratias tibi ago.

I would love it if you had an opportunity to fight one of the sifus only because they would have all the "secret moves" that they don't teach the students.
    - As far as I know 'my friend' was aware of most of the 'deadly secrets'.

I would hazard a guess that the outcome would be much the same, but I think you would find the fight more interesting at least. I am sure there is an email address somewhere for sJP, or at least for one of the schools. I don't imagine that they would completely remove their web presence.
    - I keep trying to set up a 'no Gi' grappling match with a Seafood but as of todays date sadly I've been unsuccessful.....

Yours truly,

TKD
    Last edited by TKD Black Belt; 10/23/2006 3:50pm at . Reason: Bad English on my part :( found a double negative.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 8:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    - I keep trying to set up a 'no Gi' grappling match with a Seafood but as of todays date sadly I've been unsuccessful.....
    I doubt there's much point. I'd happily jump in on that scenario though, I think I'd have a great shot.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 8:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great writeup, excellent example of what Bullshido.net stands for!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 8:55pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think one of the problems with FSD (let me stess the one) is their 'sparring'. More than one Fanger stated they sparred at 90% of full-contact. Well I define sparring as putting on 16oz gloves and engaging an opponent, trying to use techniques and combos that you would in competition but not trying to put 'em away like in a real competition. Do the Fangers do this? Based on what I know their 90% of full-contact is more like 20%. Without learning how to punch/kick by allowing your body to go thru the natural motions of the movement you're just LARPING. The only way to do this is put on some headgear and 16oz and get in the ring. Of course this also teaches you that your opponent can do the same to you. See the Webster Dictionary for "Aliveness".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 8:03am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa
    Without learning how to punch/kick by allowing your body to go thru the natural motions of the movement you're just LARPING.
    Are you saying FSD sparring doesn't actually go through the natural motions of the movement? Or is this just handwaving? Can you more specific about what's bad about the sparring?

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 12:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kungfu/jiujitsu/aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ex-Fanger

Very nice. I would have to say I agree 100%. I really don't know why everyone bothers though. This "school" has no real "martial artists" and when they get some, we get fed up prety quick and leave. I just stuck it out for so long becouse I didn't want to quit. I actually though was able to take there basteredized version of Wing Chun find a good teacher and correct what I learnt, so it was only about a 99.9% wast of my time and money. I feel relly sorry though for the kid's/teens I see going in to the club or see wearing FSD murchandise. If they only knew... I hear Jack has a book coming out soon, biography on him and the system...a ha, thats why when I asked about where FSD came from or were Seafood got his cridentials I got the brush of. I just had to wait for the book!!! $$$

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 2:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumball
    Very nice. I would have to say I agree 100%. I really don't know why everyone bothers though.
    - Please see my note to Jack for clarification as to 'why I do this'.

This "school" has no real "martial artists" and when they get some, we get fed up prety quick and leave.
    - Yes but according to Jack-in-the-box this is because you don't have the commitment.

I just stuck it out for so long becouse I didn't want to quit. I actually though was able to take there basteredized version of Wing Chun find a good teacher and correct what I learnt, so it was only about a 99.9% wast of my time and money.
    - Must not pick on _ing _uner when he's agreeing with me.....

I feel relly sorry though for the kid's/teens I see going in to the club or see wearing FSD murchandise. If they only knew...
    - Again, the primary reason for all this attention, the three threads and the ongoing campaign...

I hear Jack has a book coming out soon, biography on him and the system...a ha, thats why when I asked about where FSD came from or were Seafood got his cridentials I got the brush of. I just had to wait for the book!!! $$$
    - Yeah Jackie was on here pimping his book for a while (or was it Linda?) anyways the quickly were banned for 'not adding' to the community.

TKD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 8:49pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    Better yet would be a tournament setup, no sifus, or bjj brown/blacks, matched up by time-in-grade and weight class. To play THAT game, I'd even agree not to strike at all, and allow 'teh deadly'.
    I'd go sign up for that, it'd be interesting to fight the self-vaunted FSDers. I'd even agree to only use my hands to strike. :D

I can't imagine it'd be THAT hard to get a few of the various levels of FSD fighters to come out to a friendly tourny. We might even get some converts by the end of it.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 6:21pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorec
    I can't imagine it'd be THAT hard to get a few of the various levels of FSD fighters to come out to a friendly tourny. We might even get some converts by the end of it.
    Well considering the FSD higher ups have been invited out to tournaments dozens of times on these various threads, yes I would consider it very difficult to get a current kool-aider to turn up to a match.

However a large number of former Fangers are now going to tournaments and having a great time. They are the ones that really matter.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    10/28/2006 5:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    Well considering the FSD higher ups have been invited out to tournaments dozens of times on these various threads, yes I would consider it very difficult to get a current kool-aider to turn up to a match.

Maybe they're just trying to work up the courage.....

TKD
Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast