Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123 45671353 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 5:13am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great work TKD! Now all we need is some FSD-guys here who are willing to discuss the event, best of all would be the FSD representative in the match. This thread won't be as good without them.

Also I was thinking about the response in the other thread about why the sifus won't compete (linkypoo in Dingos post above). It was stated that the Patenuades could be made to compete if there was money involved. While I'm sure the matter has been raised before; is there a point to getting a collection going?

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 5:23am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nifoc
    Great work TKD! Now all we need is some FSD-guys here who are willing to discuss the event, best of all would be the FSD representative in the match. This thread won't be as good without them.

Also I was thinking about the response in the other thread about why the sifus won't compete (linkypoo in Dingos post above). It was stated that the Patenuades could be made to compete if there was money involved. While I'm sure the matter has been raised before; is there a point to getting a collection going?
    Hi Nifoc,

I have been keeping score and a few ex-FSD'ers have already commented on this thread. Now TKD BB has been good so far to protect the Fangers identity, so we need to respect that.

At this point the Fanger higherarchy is screaming wanting to find out who it was. Perhaps one of the sifus who sockpuppets on here was good enough to string in TKD BB in order to arrange a match? Entirely possible, given how many of them have been sockpuppets.

All that being said, I would love to see video, well next time perhaps national TV? one of them will eventually step up for real MMA I am sure.

MMA already pays, not well, but the same for everyone. Either you have it to step in the ring or not. They obviously dont. So I dont see any reason they should get monitarily rewarded for their attitude.
    Last edited by Askari; 10/23/2006 5:40am at .
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 6:21am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was stated that the Patenuades could be made to compete if there was money involved. While I'm sure the matter has been raised before; is there a point to getting a collection going?
    I think you have gotten the wrong impression. The various FSD reps have said 'why would Sifu X fight when he's making so much money teaching?'. No reasonable fight purse would change that.

What they're *really* saying, of course is, "We'd lose money if people found out we couldn't fight".

These are people who make a *very* good living peddling the cool logo and the aura of invincibility. They're not interested in testing it, because they don't CARE if it works, they only care if the money stream slows down.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 7:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand all this. But as the wording of the response was such that if we put up $$$ they would put up as much, winner take all. They also stated that no matter Kickboxing, Muay Thai or MMA they would win. Whar I'm suggesting I guess is that if we all get together and pledge to put up some money for this, and then we'll see if they back out. We don't have to pay anything before a match actually happens, and if we make the challenge public....well at least it will be intresting to see how they react.

And Askari, if you read my post you'll see I never suggested outing the FSDer that TKD fought, it would be great to hear his version of events was all i said.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 7:36am

Style: MT. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD, did your opponent get any good strikes in at all. Or blocks, or covers?

Also, was he, (it was "he", right?), :) fairly athletic? Did he look like he could physically give a good account of himself, or did he look like he would rather be discussing whether Mace Windu actaully beat Palpatine, or if the Emperror lost, deliberately, to lure Anakin to the dark side?

PS.... Mace totally had the Emperror beat!!!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 7:37am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand all this. But as the wording of the response was such that if we put up $$$ they would put up as much, winner take all. They also stated that no matter Kickboxing, Muay Thai or MMA they would win.
    Being a brown sash there (but sadly, not a poo-belt), I have been exposed to the 'complete system, will beat anyone' thing, but I don't remember any of them saying they just hadn't been offered enough money yet. I could totally be wrong, though, my memory is suspect at the best of times. I'd love to see it.

Better yet would be a tournament setup, no sifus, or bjj brown/blacks, matched up by time-in-grade and weight class. To play THAT game, I'd even agree not to strike at all, and allow 'teh deadly'.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 9:28am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterPantsless
    TKD, did your opponent get any good strikes in at all.
    A few kicks where thrown and some hands. I believe he landed a few punches but it was usually in the process of being on the bad end of the exchange. For example, when he stood his ground he threw punches but instead of keeping his head where I couldn't hit it he'd straighten up and I'd catch him with a hook to the head.

Or blocks, or covers?
    Well, he used his chin to block my jab quite a bit. Not sure if I'd recommend this strategy though as it might not work for everyone. As for covers, I'm guessing you're talking about ducking and weaving. As with the blocks these seemed to be skills that had been taught to someone who didn't understand them in the first place. Think learning to box by watching a Rocky movie and then teaching someone else what you learnt.

Also, was he, (it was "he", right?), :) fairly athletic? Did he look like he could physically give a good account of himself, or did he look like he would rather be discussing whether Mace Windu actaully beat Palpatine, or if the Emperror lost, deliberately, to lure Anakin to the dark side?
    Dude was in great shape. I will say this, he claimed to be in bad shape but was anything but. (I'll forgo specifics due to obviously potentially describing him).

PS.... Mace totally had the Emperror beat!!!!!!
    Mace, smace he had nothing on Palpatine!

Anyways......

Originally Posted by nifoc
    It was stated that the Patenuades could be made to compete if there was money involved. While I'm sure the matter has been raised before; is there a point to getting a collection going?
    What makes the Paten-nos any better than the other black belts and heads of schools who fight amateur and then go pro? It is the vanity and ego inside this statement that is just plain insulting to anyone who steps in the ring. If they had any balls they'd call up APEX and get on the card and start looking to getting fights in TKO. Instead they find a fight for Scott on some backwoods card that wasn't even MMA.

I wouldn't hold my breath that any amount of money would get Jack or Gerry to climb through the ropes.....

TKD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 9:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're probably right TKD, but it would be nice to hear their excuses.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 9:42am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're probably right TKD, but it would be nice to hear their excuses.
    If you try sometime you find you get what you need! My suggestion? Pour yourself a cup of coffee and read the last two threads (thread one was most heavily populated with excuses) and get it first hand. Just in case you where curious Gerry Mansfield is Gerry Lavec (one half of the Jack and Jerry combo). He was all over that thread like a fat man on chocolate cake, but then again he's got practice with that too!

TKD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 11:43am

Style: Fang Shen Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nifoc - The fangers will never step up and fight in public, money or no money. As n00b said, their only concern is that the river of money keeps flowing in. Their concern is not for the welfare of the students or what other people in the MA world think. They have made it well known that they believe they are superior to everyone else and as such, why should they care? The people who have posted here would all love to see one of the Sifus step up to the plate, but despite repeated offers they continue to ignore the opportunity being presented to them. I am not sure how TKDBB got this organized, but the brown sash had some cajones to step up. Even at that, it was not one of the "leaders" in FSD who stepped up. I think that perhaps these "leaders" could learn something from this guy and instead of screaming to find out who he is, should siddle on up to the fight bar and have a drink.

TKDBB - Thank you for posting this story. I would love it if you had an opportunity to fight one of the sifus only because they would have all the "secret moves" that they don't teach the students. I would hazard a guess that the outcome would be much the same, but I think you would find the fight more interesting at least. I am sure there is an email address somewhere for sJP, or at least for one of the schools. I don't imagine that they would completely remove their web presence.

To the anonymous brown sash who stepped up - thanks for doing so. I hope that your experience has shown you that sJP and FSD are not what they say they are. Take a good look at your empty wallet and at sJPs ranch, then figure out where his priorities are. If you do stay in FSD I would hope that you will ask more questions and demand better training. You deserve props for agreeing to and showing up for the bout.
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123 45671353 ... LastLast