Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2006 9:28am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor X
    . . . but are you the Dog **** Sniffing type?

. . . not that we are judging you. . . .

--J.D.
    I left before the poo incident...

I'll have to learn it on the deadly street, I guess.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    10/22/2006 11:37am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whew, computer crashed and lost my key chain. Thanks to Phrost for letting me back in! Hmm, I wonder if Jack had anything to do with this? I post my review and my password disappears?

If I could make a request I'd like to keep this thread as polite and specific to the post that started it. Picking on FSD, Jack and company is not the most skill testing of challenges. With that in mind feel free (in fact I'll be disappointed if you aren't) as critical as possible where it comes to evaluating the session. My reasons are that I'd like FSD members past and current to discuss. Now that we have actually had an exchange we can base from there.

Also, thanks for the props guys. I really just wanted as factual and accurate an account as I could get.

TKD

PS - As the Doc has pointed out I would like to whole heartedly thank 'my friend' for coming out and engaging in a sparring match with me. I can't imagine that was an easy thing to do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2006 1:26pm

Style: no-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    Whew, computer crashed and lost my key chain. Thanks to Phrost for letting me back in! Hmm, I wonder if Jack had anything to do with this? I post my review and my password disappears?

If I could make a request I'd like to keep this thread as polite and specific to the post that started it. Picking on FSD, Jack and company is not the most skill testing of challenges. With that in mind feel free (in fact I'll be disappointed if you aren't) as critical as possible where it comes to evaluating the session. My reasons are that I'd like FSD members past and current to discuss. Now that we have actually had an exchange we can base from there.

Also, thanks for the props guys. I really just wanted as factual and accurate an account as I could get.

TKD

PS - As the Doc has pointed out I would like to whole heartedly thank 'my friend' for coming out and engaging in a sparring match with me. I can't imagine that was an easy thing to do.
    Two questions: Why does your friend remain anonymous, and why did you net vdeotape this? Was that a condition for this taking place or did you just not feel like it?

I didnt´follow the leadi-in to this sparring bout so if this has been explained already, feel free to flame.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2006 2:27pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa
    Great write-up TKD Blackbelt; a very descriptive expose of the flaws of FSD. 'Gerry' had previously alluded to some type of partnership with Therien and Jean-Yves Theriault in regard to FSD students competing in kickboxing matches. Based on your experience how well do you see a Fanger doing in a strictly sport-competion kickboxing match?
    I believe it was alluded too as a partnership among equals type of thing, but really I got the sense that FSD just joined the WKF which seems to have a pretty open policy of becoming a member -- though I may be wrong on that....

Edit: Ahh... here's the details. Just remember the "men of honour" line from the post...

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&postcount=949
    Last edited by TheDingo; 10/22/2006 6:09pm at .

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    10/22/2006 3:31pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good writeup . . . could only really be better with vids...
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    10/22/2006 4:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Einar Fridgeirs
    Two questions: Why does your friend remain anonymous, and why did you net vdeotape this? Was that a condition for this taking place or did you just not feel like it?

I didnt´follow the leadi-in to this sparring bout so if this has been explained already, feel free to flame.
    I'm guessing you're a late addition to this excitement. Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I'm also the man who gives Jack and Jerry fits in their sleep and the same person who features prominently in other Seafood's dreams (take that as you see fit!). I rely heavily on humour and sarcasm to carry my flag of Anti-Bullshit-tarianism.

When I say 'my friend' I'm being more than a little tongue in cheek, hell the fact that I put captain silk to bed in my triangle is probably a good indication of how much love was in the air that day (hmm, maybe it was just the dog ****). I will not, however identify him unless he himself wishes for his name to be known. I doubt highly that Jackie would be happy to know who he was and may be less happy that he didn't beat me in our 'match'.

Secondly, as for the video. I'm not in the habit if carrying a video camera with me wherever I go. As such I was unequipped to video tape the event. I highly doubt 'my friend' will deny the event and don't think we would have had the same quality exchange if the cameras where rolling.

Hope this answers your questions. Feel free to ask away!

TKD

"You down with Seafood Jack? Yeah you know me!"

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    10/22/2006 5:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Saddened I am :(

I just emailed Jack to invite him to join us and sadly this was the response I got:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mxxxxxxxx.com.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
    addresses.

This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<sijo@fangshendo.com>:
    user is over quota

TKD

PS - You think I should have sent it to Seafood@fangshendo.com?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2006 5:48pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great write-up, and definitely consistent with what I experienced at FSD. This line made me spew juice all over my screen:

Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    He starts to swing at my head like a fat kid trying to get cake off a high counter!
    And props to your opponent for stepping up to the challenge, whoever he was.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2006 7:15pm

Style: None. Again.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshido: Fighting the Bad Fight(ers) One Assbeating at a Time

Seriously though, good writeup. Props to your "friend" for actually putting his ass on the line. I gotta give him that much. Far better than I would have expected.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    10/22/2006 8:58pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have sympathy for the guy who dealt with the devil, I wonder if he can stick around
    when he saw it was a time for a change.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast