Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 289101112 131415162262 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2006 2:31pm

Style: Fang Shen Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apologies to TKDBB. I think the idea of keeping this thread related solely to his bout have now been thrown to the wind. Should I be the first to declare this FSD IV? I think we are at four threads now.

R_jkd and Nosurrender - Really? Seriously? Sock puppets the two of you. You've come on here in the same manner as every other FSD, kool aid drinking, sJP butt kissing sifu has in the past. You claim to be reasonable and from another system or from FSD and wanting to set the record straight. Props to you R_jkd for at least admitting that the vaunted heart attack close is, in fact, total garbage. Of course I need to remove those props because in your next post you admit to actually falling for it. I am so tired of the fangers coming on here and peddling their bullshido. The clock is ticking on one or both of you to start spouting off in a rage about how unreasonable the people are on this thread, closely followed by some sort of threat, and finally closing the circle by coming forward with a mea culpa for your poor behaviour. Sheesh.

R_jkd - It has already been said, but in case you missed it because you were too busy being mugged by a guy on St. Catherine who pretended to have stubbed his toe, GAMMA and Tri Star will more than meet your needs if you are in fact looking for a useful martial arts school. That is if you are actually serious.

Who is your sifu? Since sMartin operates one of the Montreal locations it is difficult to believe that you are very far removed from the cultish aspects of FSD.

Lightsabres?? WTF is that? Not that we haven't gone round this particular mulberry bush before, but can they find more ways to discredit themselves? Unless Luke, Obiwan, and Yoda have been seconded to sJP FSD Ranch and are building real lightsabres in the pagoda basement I don't think they are going to be too effective with that addition.

I was speaking with a former FSD student. He was telling me that in addition to sJP's claims that he was a better weapons master than Dan Insanto, that sJP himself could beat up on Master Pan. I am not sure how much of an accomplishment that would be, but it is fun to hear that a school that does not, according to R_jkd, put down other schools or styles, seems to have added yet another form/style/master that they are better than or that they can beat. Once again, there is precious little proof that they can beat anyone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2006 3:36pm

Style: Jun Fan, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In response to Haru: I was under the impression that even though you're sparring with someone, you're still supposed to care about their welfare. Maybe I didnt mention it previously, but I did kick him in the head, and having never sparred with the guy before, I didn't exactly know what his tolerance was. Obviously, it was higher than I thought, and after faking tried to punch me and only ended up running into my fist again. He wasn't actually faking a heart attack, he was just faking that he got hurt. I was just stating before that obviously in a real
    fight, no one would give a **** if you're hurt (or faking) because that's the point.
    I'm not actually a JP ass kisser or any ass kisser for that matter. I've met the man but once, and for less than five minutes. I explained before (maybe was not clear) that I never heard MY SIFUs discredit other martial arts during class time. I have been to classes taught by Alain, Brian and Martin and haven't heard anything from them thus far trashing other arts or saying that what they are doing is the better than anybody elses technique. In the classes I've been to, they stick to showing the technique, explaining it, and then we're off practicing it (pretty much the same format as when I took Karate). I'm not discounting that they've never said it because I'm not there 24/7, so I'm leaving that open, and if people say that they do, then at least some of them, if not all of them must.
    I understand that it may be difficult to believe that I'm far removed from the "cultish" aspects of FSD, but I'm not sure how else to tell you, that I basically just come to class, and when clas s is over, I leave. I don't do seminars, or travel to do get togethers or sniff poop (seriously though, did that happen?), or any of that other stuff, I just don't have time (and maybe, according to what you guys say, that's a blessing in disguise). FSD is a school and a business (as you all love to stress) and in that context, I'm a client, so , if I'm not happy with what's going on around me, I have no qualms leaving, which is why I came to this site in the first place. I wanted to get more background info, and maybe get some suggestions as to where to go to fit my needs because I'm still actually looking out for myself more than anything else. Like I said, I wanted to to JKD, I was pointed towards GAMMA or Tristar, both of which also have MT and BJJ. Those interest me a lot, so I'm not lying when I say that I will check out those places. Back to getting more background info, I'm planning on reading StringFellow's article later this weekend, apparently, it is quite in-depth.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2006 3:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh yea, forgot to mention, I've never actually heard those claims about Dan Inosanto, so I can't really comment (although, that is a bit rediculous, I might add. I'd kill [almost] to learn under Inosanto or Jesse Glover). In response to what I think about the fight, I think that whoever that brown sash was had balls to step up to a fight (win or lose). I also remember reading that the winner (TKD?) said he was up for accepting the guy as a student. Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but we had an instructor level professional fighter fight.....a student. Although I'm glad the brown sash fought, I'm a little disappointed that it was not instructor vs. instructor (whether I'm FSD or not, I 'll still say it) which would be the real litmus test for this whole debate. Hope that helps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2006 3:49pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by R_jkd
    oh yea, forgot to mention, I've never actually heard those claims about Dan Inosanto
    Yeah that one blew me away, too. I left before the poo-sniffing incident, but I'm told it's a pretty reliable accounting of the event.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2006 3:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hate to dissapoint those of you who thought I was going to start swearing and spouting off colorful swearwords about being mistreated, I can actually take suggestions and criticism.

on another note......LIGHTSABERS??? Say, what????

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    11/02/2006 4:04pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been to classes taught by Alain, Brian and Martin and haven't heard anything from them thus far trashing other arts or saying that what they are doing is the better than anybody elses technique.
    Ask them about me, I'm sure you'll hear the nastier side of what they think of people commenting on their system. As for this:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but we had an instructor level professional fighter fight.....a student. Although I'm glad the brown sash fought, I'm a little disappointed that it was not instructor vs. instructor
    A few points in here worth addressing:

1.) Yes I teach (note I'm just a white belt in BJJ so I don't teach that!) but I do instruct SD and do on occasion still coach a little TKD. I don't train MMA fighters outside of S&C and some psychology pre and post fight.

2.) From everything we've been told about FSD and after hearing about Green Sashes in FSD opening their own schools should a Brown belt not be comparable to a 1-0 MMA fighter with a varied MA background? If this was not a fair skill set match up perhaps you'd like to let me know what in your approximation would be?

3.) The instructors have been repeatedly invited to fight MMA or compete at smaller shows. APEX is a great place for a new fighter to cut their teeth. Don't hold your breath or anything either as I doubt these guys want anything to do with a real fight.

Maybe I'll call you next time I'm in Montreal and we can set up a little light fun.....

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2006 4:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hate to dissapoint those of you who thought I was going to start swearing and spouting off colorful swearwords about being mistreated, I can actually take suggestions and criticism.

on another note......LIGHTSABERS??? Say, what????

Check the demo, recently posted. On Youtube, it was posted by member 'bmomy'.

At the second last Christmas party they did a little lightsaber thing and I guess they've incorporated it into their public demos now.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    11/02/2006 4:14pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    Check the demo, recently posted. On Youtube, it was posted by member 'bmomy'.

At the second last Christmas party they did a little lightsaber thing and I guess they've incorporated it into their public demos now.
    Don't make me break out the 'double chung chois'! Keep on target.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2006 4:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2.) From everything we've been told about FSD and after hearing about Green Sashes in FSD opening their own schools should a Brown belt not be comparable to a 1-0 MMA fighter with a varied MA background? If this was not a fair skill set match up perhaps you'd like to let me know what in your approximation would be?

3.) The instructors have been repeatedly invited to fight MMA or compete at smaller shows. APEX is a great place for a new fighter to cut their teeth. Don't hold your breath or anything either as I doubt these guys want anything to do with a real fight.

Maybe I'll call you next time I'm in Montreal and we can set up a little light fun.....

TKD[/QUOTE]

I was not aware that Green Sashes were opening up their own schools. That makes sense to me now as I think there's a guy at St. Denis that teaches us that has a school on the south shore, but never actually wears a belt so.........we don't really know what level he is, possibly he's a green sash then, as you stated.

I was unaware of the invite, I stand corrected.

This was in no way meant as a challenge to your skill, as I was anaware of the details. All I heard is that two of the instructors fought in an MMA type event, but I never really had the time to find out what exactly they fought in. If you're a pro fighter, then you're undoubtedly better than me in the ring, I'd welcome the chance to learn from you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2006 4:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    Don't make me break out the 'double chung chois'! Keep on target.

TKD
    heh.

IS there anything I can add? I'm a brown belt, too!

(Successfully used a triangle escape, AND I learned how to tap! I think I should rename FSD and open a school!)