Maybe James Randi could help. http://www.randi.org/

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 2:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, SB...I'll crank out the last four eventually (three now).

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 2:58pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No one in NYC available/willing to visit the guy at one of his seminars?
    Seems like we could take him a list of questions and tell him you're doing an interview for an online Martial Arts magazine (which this kind of is) and would like to ask him some questions about his career. I imagine if he's the kind of publicity junky he appears to be he would jump at the opportunity.

Kintanon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 3:06pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When's the NYC event? I might be able to rope a few friends into going to a New Age Pseudo-Occult Bullshido Artist show. No promises.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 3:15pm

Style: no-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone needs to contact me via email, it“s einarf@bifrost.is

I“ve sent a message to the Randi Foundation, giving them the lowdown on our investigation and this thread. Don“t know how receptive they are to these kinds of things. Has any of the veteran investigators dealt with the Randi org?

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 3:20pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These links go to the info about his NY appearances in november. You'll have to contact the appropriate people to get any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    Apparently Gudni Gudnason is the Icelandic equivelant of John Smith... They are all over the internet....
    I found a spot where he's going to be in New York for a free lecture series in November if anyone out there wants to have a chat with him.
    http://internalarts.org/2006/08/31/g...k-in-november/

Apparently there is a cheap (75$) workshop from him here on Nov 21st.
    http://internalarts.org/2006/08/31/c...ning-workshop/

Kintanon

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 7:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Einar, I sent you an email about a moderately detailed response I got from Gudni.
    To summarize it:

He studied Karate, Icelandic Wrestling, and ballet when he was 6
    He later moved to Judo and received a blackbelt (no instructor info, but judo doesn't have that many accrediting bodies)
    He did Shotokan for "many years" and earned a nidan (I have an email in to the JKA)
    He studied for 6 months in the original Shaolin temple in Tibet - you know, the first one "Boddidharma [established] when he left Kalaripajat in India to go to China to teach Buddishm." It's very high up in the Himilayas, by the way.
    After his 6 months in Tibet, he returned to Europe and competed in "a full kontact Karate tournament, a non-holds-bar thing, and I won, four years in a row I was European Champion"
    At some point, he was with the "Kimewaza" group for 16 years, finishing as the head instructor over all 22 schools in Scandinavia
    He also was part of a "Special Forces team / Anti Terrorist Team" and has trained many such teams (he provided a link to www.theedgeswat.com)
    He is the "head instructor for the Body Guards of his Holiness the Dalai Lama'
    He has a dojo in Tokyo and the Philipines that are restricted to military and law enforcement
    The dojo in the Philipines is one he took over from his arnis instructor, Reynir Santo

That should cover all the major points...

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 9:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    He later moved to Judo and received a blackbelt (no instructor info, but judo doesn't have that many accrediting bodies)
    He should be able to give the following from his certificate:

• 1. Governing/Issuing body.
      2. Date
      3. Certificate number

He did Shotokan for "many years" and earned a nidan (I have an email in to the JKA)
    See above . . . unless he "lost" these . . . I hate when that happens. . . .

He studied for 6 months in the original Shaolin temple in Tibet ["Snip!"--Ed.] It's very high up in the Himilayas, by the way.
    Tibet being such an easy place to travel to. . . .

He is the "head instructor for the Body Guards of his Holiness the Dalai Lama'
    THAT should be confirmable--stop laughing!!--since it is very specific. Here is the main page for the "Tibet Government in-Exile." At the bottom is the phone number in England. One of the Brits HERE may be able to call and get a contact e-mail for you. You should send a copy of his e-mail in English--assuming it is in English--to them for confirmation.

I found an e-mail for their security in India. I will send them an e-mail myself and see if I can find contact information for that.

He has a dojo in Tokyo and the Philipines that are restricted to military and law enforcement
    Again, that should be confirmable. Shoot a PM to Mongo who is in Japan. To my knowledge, you cannot "just open" a dojo in Japan.

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2006 3:52am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have gotten a response from the group that hands out the "Buisnessman of the Year" award in Sweden. They did not have records going back as far as the 80's-90's (when the subject lived in Sweden) at their head office. I have asked for contact information to their regional offices. This means that they are probably handing out several of these awards each year, at least one for each region. I'll ask them about this when I talk to the regional offices.

I can also ask around about the "Kimewaza" group. I've never heard of them and Sweden is a small country. Not that it can't exist, just that with 22 schools in scandinavia you think I would have heard something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2006 4:15am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Update: I just recieved a list of all the winners of "Buisnessman of the Year" since 1985. This doesn't cover the entirety of his stay in sweden I believe. If anyone can point me to a place to uppload it I'll post a link here so that anyone can download it and check if they can find him. I haven't so far, but there are a few winners each year after all.
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast