Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 10:46pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Einar Fridgeirs
    I might be able to check the national geneology database, everyone's in it unless they specifically state they want to be excluded. But if his brother was only alive for 30 mins, I doubt he's in there anyway.
    In the US, everyone who lives and dies gets a death certificate which is held by a department of public health. Since you have the deathdate and presumably the last name you can call your ministry of health and ask for the vital records section. Then you can ask if death certificates in iceland are considered public record.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 11:00pm

Style: no-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    In the US, everyone who lives and dies gets a death certificate which is held by a department of public health. Since you have the deathdate and presumably the last name you can call your ministry of health and ask for the vital records section. Then you can ask if death certificates in iceland are considered public record.
    Thanks. Ill give it a shot.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 12:39am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Einar Fridgeirs
    2nd degree Shotokan black belt(under whom?)
    You may be able to check with the JKA via Japan--some of the guys in Japan can tell you if they have a record of it--painful as that can be! They may be able to refer you to "off-shoots." I find his site painful--"where" did he receive this degree? Know the answer, then when asked if he claims a certain organization you know does not have him as a dan rank you have caught him.

Instructor for the bodyguard of the Dalai Lama
    How many freaking body guards can there be? Hundreds over the years? That will be very hard. You would have to get the clown to identify the guy.

Since someone is volunteering to visit him, one of the things to be seen is certificates. Take pictures of them.

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 5:32am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Although I'm unsure what he means by "Baron in the line of king Valdimar Valdimarsson" There is no Thorrodsson OR Valdimarsson in the danish "Adelskalender" (lit. Calendar of Nobility, a list of all the noble families) of 1878 at least.

http://www.skislekt.no/Slekter.htm

His claims of Artist of the Year and Poet of the Year are hard to verify, unless someone could find out what organisation gave him the award. I have however emailed the organisation that hands out the Buisnessman of the Year award in Sweden, and asked for a list of winners.

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 7:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunately, his MO seems consistent - make a claim without providing enough information to allow verification. I'm still waiting for a response to my email...

In the US, everyone who lives and dies gets a death certificate
    This would include a child who was a live birth and then died 30 minutes later - he'd have both a certificate of live birth and a death certificate. Even a stillborn child receives a death certificate (although that may depend on jurisdiction in the US).

Medical records are usually public record, but if someone was "mostly catatonic" for the first 10 years of their lives, that should have made it into a newspaper or medical journal (which are public). Can you search newspapers from 1958-68ish? If you can, check the obituaries for the brother and look for headlines...something like "Miracle Child Awakens from 10 Year Coma" would fit right in with Gudni's bio.

Einar, can you grab electronic copies of the national registry, those newspaper articles, and other evidence?

Strictly a hint for the investigative process - it's what I do for a living - Keep a notepad with the dates you collected various bits of information. This is like a chain of custody/receipt of evidence (although there is no potential for prosecution) and insures the investigation can stand against charges of a flawed process. Not sure how important this is for this type of investigation, but stuff like this should be done well or not done at all.

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 8:20am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I looked up a list of Danish monarchs and found the following:
    http://kongehuset.dk/english/history/lineage/

No Valdimar Valdimarsson circa 1000AD. However, There are a few Vlads on the list; 1146-1157, 1157-1182, 1202-1241, and 1340-1375. If I read Valdimarsson as "Valdimar's son," then the most likely subject is Valdemar I the Great, 1157-1182, who followed Valdemar the Great Canute V (1146-1157). A different part of the same website explains that this lineage went extinct in 1448. Check http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?dogtag=k_en_his_mor
    The direct lineage of the ancient Danish dynasty became extinct with the death of Christoffer 3. in 1448.
    Taking that at face value, it would be tough to accept Gudni as a "baron in the line of king Valdimar Valdimarsson," which obviously implies a direct lineage.

Of course, this is an internet resource, so accuracy should be verified. Can anyone get their hands on a Danish text covering the history of the monarchy?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 8:42am

Style: no-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goddamit guys you are great....thanks for all the help - Im thinking about passing the results of this investigation onto a national newspaper once I am finished.

Ill be checking the obituaries and following up on the film credit later today. Just wanted to thank all of you for your help.

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 2:32pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, I'm in for the long haul on this one - people like this get under my skin, for some reason. Let me know if you need anything in the north Florida area (southeast part of the US)...

I'm still waiting for a response to my email and I've requested information from the JKA. I'll PM you when/if I get any response.

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 1:11pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to PM you, Einar, but I don't have permission to access that function. I believe there is a minimum post level before I can send a private message. It's about getting a response from Gudni...

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 1:25pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe its 50 posts.
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast