Hell yeah! Hell no!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 11:51am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    The fact that you attribute the term "reputable" to any new-age psychobabble bullshit at all just goes to show the depth of your delusion. Clearly logic and reason are beyond your grasp and discussing anything with you is futile.
    If you had read my previous post, you would have noted that I deem "New age" crap to be just that: crap. However, occultism is a different beast altogether. True occultism involves logic, reason, and skepticism in rather healthy doses, and looks to break down delusion in all of its myriad forms.

We could have a nice, long, in-depth philosophical discussion concerning the nature of occultism, if you'd like, but it would be going off-topic concerning this thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 11:55am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maoquai
    Wow, he contributed $8,000 in 2004 to the Republic party. He must have a fairly good cash flow to afford this much of a donation.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 11:57am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Oh so you know this for a fact?
    You know Kinaton personally and he said he never read any of the topics you suggested?
    If so then yes, I'm wrong. Otherwise yes, that is an assumption regardless of if you are right.
    I misunderstood your previous post, and you are indeed correct. I did assume that Kinaton has not read the topics suggested. My bad.

However, for what its worth, considering his current postings, I believe my assumptions are rather on the money.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 12:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa
    Wow, he contributed $8,000 in 2004 to the Republic party. He must have a fairly good cash flow to afford this much of a donation.
    The dude makes a killing off of this ****. The classes of his students are about $100 a pop, nevermind what Gudni himself probably charges.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 12:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact that you attribute the term "reputable" to any new-age psychobabble bullshit at all just goes to show the depth of your delusion.
    Talk about poisoning the well!

The Order of the Golden Dawn was founded in the 19th century, by some Freemasons who got together and created a system of occult rituals. They made it up, based on older stuff, including alchemy, astrology, tarot, etc. They wrote their stuff down. They had meetings. They documented what they did. You might not think there's any value to what they did, but to claim that there's no such thing as a reputable source of information about what they did is pure stupidity.

Using your logic, I can say there's no such thing as a reputable source for Gracie Jiu Jitsu because Royce took steroids. It's just a fucking non sequitur.

Clearly logic and reason are beyond your grasp and discussing anything with you is futile.
    Pathetic attempt to end debate fails due to your own misuse of logic.

Wanna be taken seriously when you talk about other peoples' grasp of logic and reasoning? Don't use stupid logical fallacies in your own arguments.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 12:17pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A brief search reveals some disturbing trends (surprise!)

I found another corp owned by Mr. Gundnason called the "Spartan Group Agel". It appears that this is a charitable foundation of some sort working in the Philippines. However, a member of the 7th mystery school was expressing some concern whether or not there was any charitable work being done at all. Can anyone say they've heard about the "Spartan Group". If they are soliciting donations but not operating as a charity this could be a matter for the IRS to deal with.

Are Mr. & Mrs. Gudnason really divorced?? My search seem to indicate that they still reside together.

Googling the address of the Spartan Group (331 South 100 West, Brigham City, UT) brings up over 300 hits for various seminars, courses, websites etc. for a bizarre range of occult studies. One site advertises a channeling course.

331 South 100 West, Brigham City, UT 84302 866-570-7036 or 435-723-5442

LECTURE, DEMONSTRATION AND PRACTICUM $200*

*If you bring your altar, tools, and black mirror: $300 if you don't.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 12:51pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by teth
    I misunderstood your previous post, and you are indeed correct. I did assume that Kinaton has not read the topics suggested. My bad.

However, for what its worth, considering his current postings, I believe my assumptions are rather on the money.
    On the contrary, I hold my opinions based on my experience with people heavily involved on occultism and the literature I've read on the subject. If it becomes relevant I'll go into detail. But my opinion has not been formed in ignorance.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 12:53pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaselSpleen
    Talk about poisoning the well!

The Order of the Golden Dawn was founded in the 19th century, by some Freemasons who got together and created a system of occult rituals. They made it up, based on older stuff, including alchemy, astrology, tarot, etc. They wrote their stuff down. They had meetings. They documented what they did. You might not think there's any value to what they did, but to claim that there's no such thing as a reputable source of information about what they did is pure stupidity.

Using your logic, I can say there's no such thing as a reputable source for Gracie Jiu Jitsu because Royce took steroids. It's just a fucking non sequitur.

Pathetic attempt to end debate fails due to your own misuse of logic.

Wanna be taken seriously when you talk about other peoples' grasp of logic and reasoning? Don't use stupid logical fallacies in your own arguments.
    If we're discussing the historical aspects of occultism then you have a point. If we are discussing the validity of there silly rituals to reality then you are just another deluded neo-hippy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 1:21pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the contrary, I hold my opinions based on my experience with people heavily involved on occultism and the literature I've read on the subject. If it becomes relevant I'll go into detail. But my opinion has not been formed in ignorance.
    I would love a list of the literature you've read concerning the subject, since your previous comments seem to denote ignorance in the field.

If you are game, we can take our conversation to email, so as not to clutter up this thread any further.

I cannot argue anything concerning the people you have met who call themselves occultists. Occultism is saturated with nut-jobs, neo-hippies, delusionals, and utter phonies. Then again, so is the martial arts world. Of course, in the world of occultism, like that of martial arts, one can also find rocket scientists, physicists, scholars, doctors, lawyers, psychologists and other respected professionals.

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.